Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default "God save my soul right here in the middle of this Van Halen concert!"

The Making of a Preacher

Jim Gilles had been attending these meetings nightly and he was shaken by the message of Phinehas, and he perceived how much God hated sin. Jim had been an 18-year-old dope fiend and rock and roll freak. In November 1980 he had attended a Van Halen rock concert. In the middle of the performance, group leader David Lee Roth shouted to the crowd, "Not even God can save your soul at a Van Halen concert." The crowd of 13,000 people roared to their feet giving him a standing applause while yelling for more blasphemy.

Jim was stunned at the remark and reaction. As he contemplated what had happened, the group sang their biggest hit, "Running With The Devil." Then Jim understood that he and the whole crowd were gleefully following and worshipping Satan.

Jim faced the reality that he was headed for hell. He cried out, "God save my soul right here in the middle of this Van Halen concert!"

Jesus answered his prayer and instantly set him free from drugs, lust, booze and rock 'n roll. The following Sunday he went to church and made a public confession of his repentance and faith. The elders laid hands on him and he was baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Jim recalls, "A month after I was saved the Lord called me out of Acts 26:17...God said, 'Jim, I have taken you from the drug, sex, booze, rock and roll scene unto which now I send you to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light.'"

source:
    http://www.gospeltruth.net/whowillriseup.htm
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod

The Making of a Preacher

Jim Gilles had been attending these meetings nightly and he was shaken by the message of Phinehas, and he perceived how much God hated sin. Jim had been an 18-year-old dope fiend and rock and roll freak. In November 1980 he had attended a Van Halen rock concert. In the middle of the performance, group leader David Lee Roth shouted to the crowd, "Not even God can save your soul at a Van Halen concert." The crowd of 13,000 people roared to their feet giving him a standing applause while yelling for more blasphemy.

Jim was stunned at the remark and reaction. As he contemplated what had happened, the group sang their biggest hit, "Running With The Devil." Then Jim understood that he and the whole crowd were gleefully following and worshipping Satan.

Jim faced the reality that he was headed for hell. He cried out, "God save my soul right here in the middle of this Van Halen concert!"

Jesus answered his prayer and instantly set him free from drugs, lust, booze and rock 'n roll. The following Sunday he went to church and made a public confession of his repentance and faith. The elders laid hands on him and he was baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Jim recalls, "A month after I was saved the Lord called me out of Acts 26:17...God said, 'Jim, I have taken you from the drug, sex, booze, rock and roll scene unto which now I send you to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light.'"

source:
    this dude obviously doesn't know that ed IS god
    Last edited by elvhfan; 07.19.05 at 08:15 AM.
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And people think Ed is in need of help. This guy was screaming It's 5150 time!" before Van Halen was. He thinks the evil is in things like the stereotypes and "MICK JAGGAR"!
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVH Army
    And people think Ed is in need of help. This guy was screaming It's 5150 time!" before Van Halen was. He thinks the evil is in things like the stereotypes and "MICK JAGGAR"!
    He's probably gay.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan
    this dude obviously doesn't know that ed IS god
    Yeah no doubt.

I thought everyone knew that.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

villains
    Favorite VH Song

cup of tea
    Last Online

08.13.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sorry you guys feel that way. i'm a newly committed christian and i love van halen, sex and rock and roll. it's a matter of keeping it in context.

this guy having his experience at a van halen concert is purely circumstantial.

what a lucky guy.

Last Online

06.24.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I Love the irony of the Bible banner ad to the left of the page. Nice timing!
    You know the best tone I ever had was with that little bandmaster cranked to 10. Edward Van Halen, 1980, Guitar Player Magazine.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And God said, "Let there be Van Halen". And it was good.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

In The Beginning...
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by the insider
    sorry you guys feel that way. i'm a newly committed christian and i love van halen, sex and rock and roll. it's a matter of keeping it in context.

this guy having his experience at a van halen concert is purely circumstantial.

what a lucky guy.
    Ummm, he's retarded enough to actually purchase a ticket to a Van Halen concert and then while listening to a portion of one lyric he was "stunned" to realize there actually just trying to get him to worship satan. This is either a complete lie (that's what I think) or he is a complete moron. I have been a Christian my entire life, for some reason these people that act like there finding Jesus is like discovering electricity or the cure for cancer give me a headache. I guess there just happy that there going to be forgiven for all the stupid crap they had been doing for the last 20-30 years, as if that's something to be proud of. Something about telling a lie for your faith just rubs me the wrong way, I don't find him lucky at all.
    Last edited by willy4pres; 07.19.05 at 09:46 AM.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

'Jim, I have taken you from the drug, sex, booze, rock and roll scene unto which now I send you to open the eyes of the blind and to turn them from darkness to light.'"

So now he's an eye surgeon?
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by weesfreewheelin
    So now he's an eye surgeon?

I'm now dazed and confused as well.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by willy4pres
    Ummm, he's retarded enough to actually purchase a ticket to a Van Halen concert and then while listening to a portion of one lyric he was "stunned" to realize there actually just trying to get him to worship satan. This is either a complete lie (that's what I think) or he is a complete moron. I have been a Christian my entire life, for some reason these people that act like there finding Jesus is like discovering electricity or the cure for cancer give me a headache. I guess there just happy that there going to be forgiven for all the stupid crap they had been doing for the last 20-30 years, as if that's something to be proud of. Something about telling a lie for your faith just rubs me the wrong way, I don't find him lucky at all.
    Wow, seems like if you've been a Christian all this time you wouldn't be so fired up about someone who felt compelled to accept Christ, and then had the audacity to tell someone about it, as Christians are led to do. I think it's great that he felt true freedom and wanted to share it. I can see why that would tick off a non-believer, but I certainly don't see why a Christian would take offense......

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

As he contemplated what had happened, the group sang their biggest hit, "Running With The Devil." Then Jim understood that he and the whole crowd were gleefully following and worshipping Satan.
    ... All of you fellow VH fans who are Christians need to find a different band!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    Wow, seems like if you've been a Christian all this time you wouldn't be so fired up about someone who felt compelled to accept Christ, and then had the audacity to tell someone about it, as Christians are led to do. I think it's great that he felt true freedom and wanted to share it. I can see why that would tick off a non-believer, but I certainly don't see why a Christian would take offense......
    I think you missed my point RED, did you read that guys page? You can not tell me you believe everything that guy is saying he experienced? Im still free to criticize another Christian if I feel there using dishonesty to spread there faith, it's not much different (though obviously less destructive) then what the Muslim Fundamentalist's are doing with Islam, a lie is a lie. Im not saying I am above anything, certainly not lying, but to compromise your faith (for a lot of people the most important thing in there lives) just to express a message is terrible.

This is just me but I really feel that these types would serve Jesus better if they could just calm down and live a good life, eventually someone is going to notice and want a little of whatever makes them so happy. This smack you over the head Christianity just seems silly, as if you explaining what a dumb ass you where 10 years ago will make someone want to accept Christ.