Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Does anyone feel ythis way about VH?

You know Im sitting all weekend downloading my CD collection
    into my Ipod (witch by the way I feel any music fan has to have one there AWESOME!!) going thru the collection and its just amazing that all these
    bands (too many mention) put out and most still are putting out albums every two three yrs! I know VH is a problem band as far as LS.
    But I mean damn there is ton of material at 5150 how long would it take for four guys to make a FUCKIN new album? 3mos 5mos?? so be it just do it
    I mean even it is just just to make $$$ thats the worst that will happened.
    I mean Donald Trump has billions and Gates and these guys still get up and are interested in putting a decent product and trying to profit from it..I know these guys are Rock stars and its totally diffrent buis..point being made here
    is cant these guys can atleast sit down soon and make plans to go back into the studio like lets say Nov or as early as after the Bday bash in Cabo is done.and atleast say lets do a record lets rough it, and put a new material
    and lets just work guys ???
    Its like we wont get a whisper about nothing until 2010..Well i hope not
    VH should have like 15 studio albums out by now!!

Peace Tony
    Last edited by TonyButrico; 07.17.05 at 07:57 AM.
    Tony

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

:dead horse:
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

In my mind they are done.

I feel this way so hopefully someday I may be surprised.

But I have come to the realization that things don't seem promising and thats such a fucking shame and a waste of talent that most wish we had.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default give it up

I'm a huge fan like most of you, however, you all need to frigin relax and let it go. Why waste so much time in life on how you wish they had put out more albums, or how they are wasting talent that we wish we had. Try looking at it a little more positively. Look at all the great albums they did put out!!!! Be happy that they put out that music!!! If they continue in the future than great. If they don't well, too frigin bad, get over it. If you're a true Van Halen fan, then waiting has always been part of the game. Last point for me, and you can start hammering on me, is no matter what VH puts out, everyone on this site is going to bash it, say how sammys lyrics sucks, Ed's playing is sloppy, and how you wish Dave were back in the band.

Instead of wasting so much time wishing you had talent and waiting for them to do something, put that energy into practicing you instruments whether it is the guitar, drums, bass, keyboards...Pick up Vai's 10 hour practicing regimen, maybe you are the person that is suppose to take Van Halens legacy and bring that style of music into the next generation, cause we all know their aint shit for music going on right now.....or go mow the lawn or something.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Haven't we all learned to wait by now???

All part of the territory in loving these guys and their music.

I broke out some of my old Circus and Creem mags from 1983 and 1984 to read the VH interviews from back then (US Festival, release of 1984, and post-break up/5150). Pretty interesting reads and great pics, BTW.

I think we all listen to our albums and think about these guys' ability to make music - coulda, woulda, shoulda, etc. I know I do.

But there's not a whole lot we can do about anything, is there.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc
    Haven't we all learned to wait by now???

All part of the territory in loving these guys and their music.

I broke out some of my old Circus and Creem mags from 1983 and 1984 to read the VH interviews from back then (US Festival, release of 1984, and post-break up/5150). Pretty interesting reads and great pics, BTW.

I think we all listen to our albums and think about these guys' ability to make music - coulda, woulda, shoulda, etc. I know I do.

But there's not a whole lot we can do about anything, is there.
    Im in that Circus mag from the US Fest!!!! Whoaaaaaa! Front row with the DAVEl5 lic plate in my hand.....
    Peace
    Last edited by TonyButrico; 07.17.05 at 06:51 PM.
    Tony

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico
    Im in that Circus mag from the US Fest!!!! Whoaaaaaa! Front row with the DAVEl5 lic plate in my hand.....
    Peace
    Well now I gotta take me a looksee tonight!!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So what has KISS, Black Sabbath, Linkin' Park, Pink Floyd and Guns N' Roses released in the last ten years?

(in case anyone's wondering, I looked up all of these bands before putting them down)
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Here's how I feel about Van Halen.......

This was the band that made me stand up and take notice to some serious rock and roll. I knew who the Beatles were....I knew who Deep Purple was.....I was listening to Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" at the tender age of four. But when I first saw Diamond Dave and King Eddie smashing at the pillars of heaven itself on MTV with the videos for "Unchained" and "So This Is Love", I never viewed music quite the same way again. It was only 1983, and "1984" was yet to dawn. I was still able to discover "VH1", VH2", "Diver", the rest of "Warning".....I was in sonic heaven.

Sammy came along and took the lead, and was already someone whose music l liked a whoooooole lot. The Van Halen boys were taking me on a musical journey like I had never known nor predicted. I loved the sounds, loved the attitude, loved the many facets of the band. They just kept churning out more and more wonderfully crafted music. They were a slot machine that just kept giving more and more cooler shit. I wanted it to go on forever.....but it couldn't. All good things must end, they say. They shouldn't end, but they do. It's life, and life's a bitch that way.

Van Halen, and some of its members on a solo basis, have left us with some fine fine sounds. Sam and Dave both still do their best to entertain us even if the brothers have conditions that need to be met, but in the end......we've gotten one hell of a payout from the slot machine that is Halen. You got your Dave library, you got your Sam library....you have music that could easly have never happened had Ed not taken that paper route, or had Al just stuck with the guitar.

They came, they saw, they kicked our asses. They came back and kicked our asses again for 2004. Maybe they'll be back, maybe not....but just keep in mind that "Fair Warning" has no expiration date on the cover. Turn it on full blast tonight, and go back to heaven....again and again, anytime, 24/7.

That's how I feel about Van Halen.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EVH Army
    So what has KISS, Black Sabbath, Linkin' Park, Pink Floyd and Guns N' Roses released in the last ten years?

(in case anyone's wondering, I looked up all of these bands before putting them down)
    Can I ask what Linkin Park is doing in that lineup?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    Here's how I feel about Van Halen.......

This was the band that made me stand up and take notice to some serious rock and roll. I knew who the Beatles were....I knew who Deep Purple was.....I was listening to Elton's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" at the tender age of four. But when I first saw Diamond Dave and King Eddie smashing at the pillars of heaven itself on MTV with the videos for "Unchained" and "So This Is Love", I never viewed music quite the same way again. It was only 1983, and "1984" was yet to dawn. I was still able to discover "VH1", VH2", "Diver", the rest of "Warning".....I was in sonic heaven.

Sammy came along and took the lead, and was already someone whose music l liked a whoooooole lot. The Van Halen boys were taking me on a musical journey like I had never known nor predicted. I loved the sounds, loved the attitude, loved the many facets of the band. They just kept churning out more and more wonderfully crafted music. They were a slot machine that just kept giving more and more cooler shit. I wanted it to go on forever.....but it couldn't. All good things must end, they say. They shouldn't end, but they do. It's life, and life's a bitch that way.

Van Halen, and some of its members on a solo basis, have left us with some fine fine sounds. Sam and Dave both still do their best to entertain us even if the brothers have conditions that need to be met, but in the end......we've gotten one hell of a payout from the slot machine that is Halen. You got your Dave library, you got your Sam library....you have music that could easly have never happened had Ed not taken that paper route, or had Al just stuck with the guitar.

They came, they saw, they kicked our asses. They came back and kicked our asses again for 2004. Maybe they'll be back, maybe not....but just keep in mind that "Fair Warning" has no expiration date on the cover. Turn it on full blast tonight, and go back to heaven....again and again, anytime, 24/7.

That's how I feel about Van Halen.
    I think I'll take your advice and crank up a little Fair Warning.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    I think I'll take your advice and crank up a little Fair Warning.
    Better yet, crank up a lot of Fair Warning.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts

Donor

but just keep in mind that "Fair Warning" has no expiration date on the cover. Turn it on full blast tonight, and go back to heaven....again and again, anytime, 24/7.
    Truly the most imminently re-listenable LP ever recorded.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can I ask what Linkin Park is doing in that lineup?
    I found out from a friend who is a fan of them who's dissapointed in what they're doing. They release their first album in 2000, release a remix album of the songs that were on their first album and such, then released a new album, then a Live album a few months later, then last year the released another remix album in which they fused their songs with Jay-Z's songs. He also told me their next album is a Meteroa remix(which was the last album that had new material on it).
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Truly the most imminently re-listenable LP ever recorded.
    I think the textbook answer for this sentiment is somewhere along the lines of "Fuck Yeah".

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]