Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Just came in the mail for me a couple hours ago. I'm like 57 pages in. I know people that are already done

Anybody else reading it?
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Haven't read it, but I love all the bullshit press each new release in the series gets.

You know, the books are corrupting are children and promoting less than desirable values.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default SPOILER ALERT!

HARRY POTTER SPOILER! DON'T CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS IF YOU WANT TO READ IT FIRST!

http://pottercrash.ytmnd.com/
    http://darthpotter.ytmnd.com/
    Last edited by EVH Army; 07.16.05 at 07:00 PM.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fuck, Ron Weezly is Kaiser Sohze. Who saw that one coming?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my yesterday but haven't had time tostart yet. I'm not reading the links.

Arrgghhh jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Romeo Delight TakeYourTequilaHome's Avatar
    Last Online

07.21.05 @ 03:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finished it today. I thought it was some of Rowling's best stuff, back on par with Volume IV: The Goblet of Fire. Volume V was a disappointment. Well worth neglecting most normal weekend activities for. JMO.
    "The teachers all gave up on me, no matter what they say I disagree." Fools, WACF

“Seventy-Eight-Five-Two-Three Give me quad over kkkkkk … Read out of seven kkkkkk … Seven-Five I can’t collect. Can you redue that? … Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! kkkkkkLoss of Control, WACF

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I'll wait for the movie to come out.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw a trailer for The Goblett of Fire and I'm ready for that movie...it looked really cool...very dark & intense.

Bring it on!
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

I'm working OT at Amazon because of this damn book! The money will be nice, but I'm extremely hungover this morning, and working a 10 hr. shift doesn't sound too appealing at this time.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I've finally relented to all the people telling me to read this series. I started The Sorcerers Stone Yesterday. It'll be awhile before I make it to The Half Blood Prince. My wife has read the series and loves it. I've had a lot of people telling me that I need to read them because I'm "a reader". I figured it was time to see what all the hoopla was about.

No way it's better than Shutter Island though.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I heard on XM this morning that some dude came in a Dallas book store where there were aprox 150 people in line waiting to buy the book. He was going up to everyone in line and spoiling the ending ...They said even kids were yelling at this idiot.
    Last edited by axebrian; 07.18.05 at 08:09 AM.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:16 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by KleeHee
    I've finally relented to all the people telling me to read this series. I started The Sorcerers Stone Yesterday. It'll be awhile before I make it to The Half Blood Prince. My wife has read the series and loves it. I've had a lot of people telling me that I need to read them because I'm "a reader". I figured it was time to see what all the hoopla was about.

No way it's better than Shutter Island though.
    LOL. Were you the one that started the thread about Shutter Island or were you one of the people that went on that advice and bought the book? I was looking for something new to read when I saw that thread and I bought the book. Took me less than 2 nights to read it. That book BLEW my mind!!! I read it almost immediately after for the second time. It was like reading a new book once you knew the ending.

As for Mr. Potter, I held off a long time before reading the series. It was my wife as well that suggested I just give the first one a whirl. I was amazed at how well written they were. Tough to put the books down. Each chapter ends with you really wanting to know what happens next. I grabbed the new one on Saturday since I saw it at a local store for $24 CDN. The people who stood in line at the big chain stores for a midnight purchase paid $41 for the most part.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150
    LOL. Were you the one that started the thread about Shutter Island or were you one of the people that went on that advice and bought the book?
    Nah, I wasn't the one who started the thread. I'm one of those who read Shutter Island because of the thread. But, yeah. GREAT book! I've now read all of Dennis Lehane's books. I'm anxiously awaiting his next one. In the meantime, I'll read up on Harry Potter.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Last Online

01.13.07 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought the book at Wal Mart. I'll prob just use Sparknotes to see what all I missed in the last one. Also, if you havn't already bought it, buy it at Wal Mart, it's just $15 there (suggested is about $22).
    So you broke down, trying to leave town, I broke down crying on your return. You left me feeling hopeful, I'll never see your face again. You made for a bad lover's liver. You stole all the covers and busted my head. You made me such an asshole, I wish we'd never met. I'm tired of being bored. I'm through with the headaches. Hiding my hands that tremble like earthquakes. Under the table, under the daytime sky, Good Fucking Bye- Good Fucking Bye, Alkaline Trio

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I finished it the night before last. It was 1:00 AM, I had surgery the next morning at 9:30, and I had 70 pages to go, and there was no way in hell I could've stopped

I thought the book was INCREDIBLE, especially the last 100 or so pages. The ending was very tough to handle, very sad. It would've been a huge surprise, too, if some dipshit in this thread hadn't spoiled it (I'm not talking about through the spoiler links). But either way, it still might be my new favorite HP book. All I know is the 7th book is gonna be very different from all the rest, and very LONG.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks