"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eminem to Make Final Bow As Solo Artist

Give me a fucking break....

DETROIT (Reuters) - Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

right. jay-Z retired too, but he's got a record coming out. he won't stay away long.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emm5150
    Nobody. Except that one guy who's under a rock.
    Last edited by EVH Army; 07.15.05 at 07:51 PM. Reason: What-chu-talkin-'bout Willis? This never got an edit.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Human's Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emm5150
    I agree bro, he will always be a peice of shit.

Scott.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As long as he's not the next Van Halen front man I'm happy.

I don't listen to his stuff but I don't hate him either, I hope he's successful as a producer.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vince G.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem,"

"Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."
    Any artist who has nothing to say after 3 albums, had nothing to say in the first place. He is a joke, and represents the joke that the mainstream is. I think it's funny that he admits that he stuggles to write material now. He can't come up with anyting that "mathers" to anyone. (ha ha)

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

11.19.16 @ 03:37 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Promise?
    VAN HALEN...ROCK ON

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Eminem's Divorce Encore
    4/5/2006,

Less than three months after remarrying his ex-wife, Kim Mathers, Eminem has filed for divorce a second time, the rapper's rep confirmed.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Rapper 'Proof' of D12 Killed at Detroit Nightclub
    Tuesday , April 11, 2006

DETROIT — Proof, a member of rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof — whose real name is Deshaun Holton — was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Family members gathered at a home on Detroit's northwest side. The residential street in front of the two-story home was lined with vehicles.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

D12, which includes Eminem, has been around since the mid-1990s, when members of the rap group met at Detroit's Hip-Hop Shop, a clothing store by day and a hip-hop club by night.

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head — one fatally — early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

Another member of Eminem's inner circle — rapper Obie Trice — was shot while driving on a Detroit-area highway in December.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I can't stand Eminem as an artist, but Proof was a pretty cool dude. I've seen some interviews with the guy, and he seemed like a pretty down to earth cat. It's ashame that the good ones always have to go.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If only he'd come up with this idea 10 years ago.