1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Disabled patient, 23, found to be pregnant

What kind of unholy motherfucker rapes a disabled person in a healthcare facility. When I saw the mom on the news I just felt horrible for her. You put your trust in a healthcare facility to care for your loved one and this happens? Although, it states that there have been lawsuits in the past regarding sexual abuse at the hospital, I gotta wonder if the parents knew that before putting their daughters in the hospital? Regardless, there is NO EXCUSE for this.

They better find this monster and end him.

Health-care facility faces lawsuit
    Disabled patient, 23, found to be pregnant

By Angela Rozas and Josh Noel
    Tribune staff reporters
    Published July 15, 2005

The mother of a 23-year-old brain-damaged patient found to be pregnant while living in a Bloomingdale health-care facility has sued the company and the doctor who cared for the woman, alleging abuse and neglect.

Cheryl Hale-Crom, filed a civil suit in Cook County on Thursday alleging her daughter was sexually assaulted and physically abused by "agents and employees" of the Alden Village Health Facility for Children and Young Adults between November and December 2004.

Hale-Crom's daughter, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair, is completely disabled and is fed through a tube. The woman was taken to a hospital June 11 after Alden workers and the woman's doctor, Roland Borrasi, noticed her stomach was swollen, according to the lawsuit. Alden workers allegedly believed she might have a feeding-tube problem, though one nurse reportedly said she might be pregnant. Tests revealed the woman was almost 29 weeks pregnant.

The woman's family removed her and her twin sister, who is also disabled, from the facility and placed them in another one, said the mother's attorney, Ed Fox. Both women are being tested for sexually transmitted diseases.

Bloomingdale Police Detective John Krueger said the department was investigating allegations of aggravated criminal sexual assault in regard to the pregnancy, and that it was notified of the incident June 11. He confirmed the family's report that the woman lived at the facility and was almost 29 weeks pregnant when her pregnancy was discovered. Krueger said police are asking anyone with information to contact them. The Illinois Department of Public Health also is investigating.

Jane Amata, a spokeswoman for Alden Management Services, which manages the 109-bed facility and 31 others in the Chicago area, said the company had no new comments about the lawsuit or investigation, other than those that were made previously to the Tribune. Amata said Wednesday that the company was cooperating and that employees were submitting DNA samples for testing.

The lawsuit alleges the facility and Alden Management Services are guilty of abuse, neglect, negligence and willful and wanton conduct. The suit also alleges Borrasi was negligent in not noticing in his monthly examinations that the woman was pregnant, or at least that she had missed several menstrual cycles, the last being recorded in February.

The lawsuit also alleges that the facility and management company inflicted emotional distress against the woman's mother by not providing her time to determine what options she and her daughter might have had in terms of the pregnancy. The woman will likely deliver the baby by Caesarean section in mid-August, Fox said.

Hale-Crom said Wednesday that she would care for the child, a girl.

"It's difficult to imagine anything being more horrific than this," Fox said. "They neglected her in the sense they've failed to protect her."

The facility was fined $50,000 in September for failing to provide constant supervision to its neediest residents. A 12-year-old boy died in February 2004 after becoming trapped in the padding and mattress of his bed at the facility. The fine was appealed, but a hearing has not been set. The family filed a wrongful-death suit against the facility in September.

The facility also was sued in November 2003 by the family of an 11-year-old mentally retarded girl who was allegedly repeatedly sexually abused between July 2000 and May 2001, according to the lawsuit. arozas@tribune.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't understand people's mentalities some times. This guy is certainly some low life, under acheiving prick who can't pick up a normal woman.

Digusting.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The depth of insanity and cruelty of the human race never stops to amaze me. The person that did this should never see the outside of a prison again.
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This really is terrible. I saw the story on the news last night. There really are some sick people out there.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Damn.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That could be the worst thing I've ever heard.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

This really hit me harder then just about anything I have read recently. I can not even begin to imagine how the family feels, this is just horrible.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunya
    The depth of insanity and cruelty of the human race never stops to amaze me. The person that did this should never see the outside of a prison again.

Nor should he see his dick again - cut the fucker off.

Why was I not surprised to see this was Crook County, Illinois? (no typo there) Freaks. Thank God I don't live there anymore.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8