Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

I love them all!!!!
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 03:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Creed

Bad news for any diehard Creed fans out there waiting for a reunion: According to former Creed/ current Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti, it's never, ever, ever going to happen.

In the upcoming issue of Guitar One magazine,

Tremonti puts all hope of a new Creed album or tour to rest — permanently — and says he wants fans and journalists alike to know Alter Bridge isn't something he's doing just to pass the time. It's his band, now and forever.

"There have been a lot of rumors and misconceptions in the press, where they say, 'Yeah, we just had an interview with [ex-Creed frontman] Scott [Stapp], and he said you guys are definitely getting back together, that it's just a matter of time,' " he said. "It waters down what we're trying to do with Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge is not a side project by any means. There is no way in the world that Creed would get back together — unless it was for world peace."

Creed were arguably the biggest rock band of the late '90s, selling more than 24 million records and stringing together one chart-topping hit after another. But last year, after months of trying to write songs for a fourth album, Tremonti announced Creed were finished, citing Stapp's lack of commitment as the main reason for the split (see "Creed Break Up").

Stapp denied Tremonti's charges, instead blaming the breakup on his health issues — stemming from anti-inflammatory medication he took for injuries from a 2002 car crash — and a desire to spend more time with his young son (see "Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence").

But whether he's committed to it or not, it's been Stapp's decision to perform material he and Tremonti had written in Creed that has angered Tremonti the most (and even further scuttled any hopes of a reunion).

"He's still out there playing Creed songs with a pieced-together pawnshop band. Scott [Stapp] and I discussed that during the breakup," Tremonti said. "Since we wrote the songs together, we decided that if we were no longer together, playing them would be unfair to Creed fans and all the guys in the band. It's made me angry, because I thought we had an agreement."

Since the Creed breakup, Stapp has not been playing shows, but he did perform a version of Creed's "Higher" at the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Awards Ceremony, held in New York last December.

A spokesperson for Stapp's — and Alter Bridge's — label, Wind-Up Records, said Stapp was unavailable to comment on the Guitar One piece, since he's in the studio working on a solo record, though "in the near future, Scott will share his feelings — about the past, present and future."

According to Wind-Up, there is no release date set for his solo debut. Alter Bridge continue to tour behind last year's One Day Remains and are working on material for a follow-up.

This report is from MTV News.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msr316
    Bad news for any diehard Creed fans out there waiting for a reunion: According to former Creed/ current Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti, it's never, ever, ever going to happen.

In the upcoming issue of Guitar One magazine,

Tremonti puts all hope of a new Creed album or tour to rest — permanently — and says he wants fans and journalists alike to know Alter Bridge isn't something he's doing just to pass the time. It's his band, now and forever.

"There have been a lot of rumors and misconceptions in the press, where they say, 'Yeah, we just had an interview with [ex-Creed frontman] Scott [Stapp], and he said you guys are definitely getting back together, that it's just a matter of time,' " he said. "It waters down what we're trying to do with Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge is not a side project by any means. There is no way in the world that Creed would get back together — unless it was for world peace."

Creed were arguably the biggest rock band of the late '90s, selling more than 24 million records and stringing together one chart-topping hit after another. But last year, after months of trying to write songs for a fourth album, Tremonti announced Creed were finished, citing Stapp's lack of commitment as the main reason for the split (see "Creed Break Up").

Stapp denied Tremonti's charges, instead blaming the breakup on his health issues — stemming from anti-inflammatory medication he took for injuries from a 2002 car crash — and a desire to spend more time with his young son (see "Scott Stapp Breaks His Silence").

But whether he's committed to it or not, it's been Stapp's decision to perform material he and Tremonti had written in Creed that has angered Tremonti the most (and even further scuttled any hopes of a reunion).

"He's still out there playing Creed songs with a pieced-together pawnshop band. Scott [Stapp] and I discussed that during the breakup," Tremonti said. "Since we wrote the songs together, we decided that if we were no longer together, playing them would be unfair to Creed fans and all the guys in the band. It's made me angry, because I thought we had an agreement."

Since the Creed breakup, Stapp has not been playing shows, but he did perform a version of Creed's "Higher" at the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Awards Ceremony, held in New York last December.

A spokesperson for Stapp's — and Alter Bridge's — label, Wind-Up Records, said Stapp was unavailable to comment on the Guitar One piece, since he's in the studio working on a solo record, though "in the near future, Scott will share his feelings — about the past, present and future."

According to Wind-Up, there is no release date set for his solo debut. Alter Bridge continue to tour behind last year's One Day Remains and are working on material for a follow-up.

This report is from MTV News.
    10 years from now when people want a creed reunion (don't ask me why) and they throw $$$$$$$$ at them...these attitudes will change...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Funny when I meet him @ NAMM he sounded like latter, on Creed would get back together not only that he also told me Creed would be Releasing a box set with material that wasn’t used for there albums. And we also talked about the live Creed DVD, he told me “I don’t think it will every come out because Scott wanted it to be a Best of Live performances. I wanted to be a straight one live show”

Well that’s what he told me in January.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

EVERY band that breaks up says there's never going to reunite. Although I don't really care about a Creed reunion, I'm sure it'll happen at some point.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Happy Trails"
    Last Online

11.17.06 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan
    10 years from now when people want a creed reunion (don't ask me why) and they throw $$$$$$$$ at them...these attitudes will change...

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Creed sucks.

Last Online

11.26.17 @ 10:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by HippieLettuce
    Creed sucks.
    Yep, but Alter Bridge are pretty good. If there was a Creed reunion I'd be screaming for Alter Bridge to get back together.
    "In our house, a song was considered shit if it didn't have a big guitar solo on it"- Slash

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan
    screw that....alter bridge is better and has more potential....if just for the fact that scott stapp isn't in the band. the debut album is a really good rock record.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wasn't most of it written before Myles Kennedy even came into
    the band? No telling what a follow up would sound like.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

Gee, I'm all broken up about this.

I like the song Alter Bridge did before the HR Derby.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

The AB material is definately better what Creed did. If AB stays together we can look forward to some kick ass rock N roll records in the future.

AB's debut disc is by far the best CD I have picked up in the last few years!

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I might just have to stop listening to rock music altogether if they don't reunite.
    Bummer.

(Sorry, Sucka!)
    Last edited by FH; 07.14.05 at 05:48 AM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

I just bought Creed's Greatest Hits Cd. Yes, I like some of their songs. I only listened to a few of them so far, but I haven't heard any guitar solos. Did Tremonti just start doing them in Alterbridge? Everyone at this site raves about his talent- He plays some goof riffs, but where are the solos?

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Mark was never a big solo guy until the Alterbridge album. His primary focus has always been on the songs, which worked well in Creed. If I were you I'd pick up the My Own Prison album.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Human's Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I hope Mark does in fact keeps Alter Bridge going, l can see this band doing some great things, for one bringing back guitar solos.

I've never liked Creed, never have never will, l hope this reunion NEVER happens.

Scott.