Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

02.12.13 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Need help with powering two cabinets

Bass player here. I've got an Ampeg SVTIII Pro which I've been running into a single Hartke 4.5XL 8 ohm cabinet: 275 watts @ 8 ohms. Just bought a second Hartke 4.5XL 8 ohm cabinet. I want to run both cabs, and I know the amp is rated for 4 ohm operation: 450 watts @ 4 ohms. The cabinets are rated at 400 watts rms so no problem there. How do I wire in parallel to achieve 4 ohm operation?--two lines out of the amp--one into each cabinet or one line out of the amp into the first cab and a second line out of the first cab into the second (the cabinets have dual inputs). Thanks.
    "With me in the band, it's one of those miraculous 97-97 deals. It's 97 percent you and 97 percent moi. Is it Mick or Keith? I don't know" -DLR

"We eventually started playing clubs, and we also did weddings. We played everything from the Ohio Players to K.C. & the Sunshine Band. You would love the sight of Van Halen doing 'Get Down Tonight'! But by the third set when everybody was good and tanked up--boy, we'd be blazin'!" -Michael Anthony

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Either way will be 4 ohms.