Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Glenn Ballard Interview 06/29/05

FYI - Just thought I would share this little tidbit with everyone. Our local radio station QFM96 just interviewed Glenn Ballard who we know worked with VH. He was promoting an acoustically version of Jagged Little Pill from Alanis Morrisette and of course, they brought up about working with VH. He said that Ed is always his favorite genius to worked with and continues to be. He (Ed) continues to amaze him with the things his is able to do. They then asked who would you rather work with Sam or Dave and he said they both bring something great to the table. Sammy just has this huge voice and Dave has a unique way of looking at the songs. But it comes down too everyone having a great passion for the music and that is all Ed ever cares about is making great music.

I think it was interesting that he said Ed "continues" to be his favorite genius. It makes me wonder if something is up.

The DJ's asked what he is currently working on and mentioned he's worked with a wide variety of artist like George Strait and Michael Jackson for Man in the Mirror. He said he just finished with POD and will be working with the Goo Goo Dolls.

Not much but thought I'd share it.

Last Online

09.30.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I think he probably just said 'continues to be' out of courtesy to Edward and to show he's not written him off yet like a lot of people in the industry seem to have done but I hope you're right and he does know something we don't. Good comments on Sam V Dave as well and very pertinent.

Isn't it telling how so many people in the industry who work with all sorts of talent always seem to pick out Edward as the exceptional person they have worked with? Whatever happens, he'll always be the greatest.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Those guys on Qfm love VH , but their minion Archie , is a HUGE Dave era fan .
    One day they were joking around with him that he should get a DLR tattoo , and Arch mentioned that he knew this big cat from Columbus with a huge Eddie portrait tattoo on his arm and how cool it was . It took me a minute before I realized he was talking about me !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.03.07 @ 12:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79
    FYI - Just thought I would share this little tidbit with everyone. Our local radio station QFM96 just interviewed Glenn Ballard who we know worked with VH. He was promoting an acoustically version of Jagged Little Pill from Alanis Morrisette and of course, they brought up about working with VH. He said that Ed is always his favorite genius to worked with and continues to be. He (Ed) continues to amaze him with the things his is able to do. They then asked who would you rather work with Sam or Dave and he said they both bring something great to the table. Sammy just has this huge voice and Dave has a unique way of looking at the songs. But it comes down too everyone having a great passion for the music and that is all Ed ever cares about is making great music.

I think it was interesting that he said Ed "continues" to be his favorite genius. It makes me wonder if something is up.

The DJ's asked what he is currently working on and mentioned he's worked with a wide variety of artist like George Strait and Michael Jackson for Man in the Mirror. He said he just finished with POD and will be working with the Goo Goo Dolls.

Not much but thought I'd share it.

Everything is cool except for that last line were he states he is working with the Goo-Goo Shits....God I hate those fuckers!
    (.)(.)

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay
    Everything is cool except for that last line were he states he is working with the Goo-Goo Shits....God I hate those fuckers!
    You like George Strait and Michael Jackson,but can't handle the Goo's?
    Interesting
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    You like George Strait and Michael Jackson,but can't handle the Goo's?
    Interesting

You are correct my young Padawan.

Thriller was cool and George Strait is a drunk hillbilly bastard. What more could I ask for?
    (.)(.)

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:31 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomP
    Thanks for the info. I think he probably just said 'continues to be' out of courtesy to Edward and to show he's not written him off yet like a lot of people in the industry seem to have done but I hope you're right and he does know something we don't. Good comments on Sam V Dave as well and very pertinent.

Isn't it telling how so many people in the industry who work with all sorts of talent always seem to pick out Edward as the exceptional person they have worked with? Whatever happens, he'll always be the greatest.
    Ballard is probably referring to the fact that he co-produced the 3 new songs on BOBW last year with Eddie.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Glenn slipping it to Alanis again?!?!
    Last edited by voivod; 06.29.05 at 01:16 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

You are correct my young Padawan.

Thriller was cool and George Strait is a drunk hillbilly bastard. What more could I ask for?
    Thriller is sooooooo...ohhhhhhhh...1980's. And Geroge Strait is anything but a drunk. The dude lost his oldest child to a drunk driver back in 85. He has been a unabashed advocate of designated drivers since before it was chic to talk about them. He's the reason Budweiser started the campaign. In order for him to allow Bud Light to sponsor his tour back in 1987, they HAD to agree to promote designated drivers in all associated advertising.

I've met the cat when I was a radio DJ. He told me that he doesn't even like to drink. He's said that if he drinks a 12 pack a month, that's hitting the bottle hard.
    George is God when it comes to coutnry music and I will not have his name blasphemed in that manner.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Yes, I'm glad to see that Eddie still gets props in the music industry. I would love for VH to record a FULL album with Ballard at the helm. Certainly would kick some ass!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy
    Thriller is sooooooo...ohhhhhhhh...1980's. And Geroge Strait is anything but a drunk. The dude lost his oldest child to a drunk driver back in 85. He has been a unabashed advocate of designated drivers since before it was chic to talk about them. He's the reason Budweiser started the campaign. In order for him to allow Bud Light to sponsor his tour back in 1987, they HAD to agree to promote designated drivers in all associated advertising.

I've met the cat when I was a radio DJ. He told me that he doesn't even like to drink. He's said that if he drinks a 12 pack a month, that's hitting the bottle hard.
    George is God when it comes to coutnry music and I will not have his name blasphemed in that manner.
    Chill out there Monkeyboy! I was just...how you say...joking 'round. I am not really into country music and do not know anything about George Strait. I stand corrected. He still is a hillbilly bastard though...right?
    (.)(.)

Good Enough
    where Conan O'Brien is no longer president, a.k.a. Finland
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah the Goo Goo Shits suck, but I like the Goo Goo Dolls. They're one of my favourite bands.. Really.. And I'm not embarrassed to say it..
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-