Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

05.11.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default DLR @ Calgary Stampede - July 13th

Seems like there's not much talk about DLR's upcoming gigs.

I'm heading to the Calgary show while on my annual vacation in Canada and it just happens to be on my birthday....looking forward to spending it with Diamond Dave!!!! It's like they just announced the show out of the blue......lucky I can make it since I had my trip planned before that.

Anyone going?
    We Belong, in a world that MUST be strong!
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So this is love?
    Last Online

01.01.13 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

:crickets chirping:

Just kidding! I'd like to see Dave this summer... Hopefully he'll do some gigs in the New England area!
    "It doesn't mean that much to me to mean that much to you..." -Neil Young

"The sun's not yellow, it's chicken." -Bob Dylan

"If you go out and buy a Van Halen record and put it in your collection, it'll melt your other records." -David Lee Roth, 1981.

Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
    Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit!!! It'll HURT MORE!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

all...and the 14th one too!
    Favorite VH Song

there the sound track\'s of my life...and you want "1"
    Last Online

06.29.05 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default DLR in Sarnia

I know I said some time back how i couldnt get over how Dave is doing all these small gigs in area festaval...and i know i should be flamed for it ...cause ive got tixs for the showon July 15th in Sarnia Ont....after a little time to think about it ...i figure i might never see the first Voice of VH...any time soon in this area...so iam going...and iam going to lose my voice and mind...heres hoping Dave makes it cause ive heard he's canceled a couple of times rock on!

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

The Calgary Stampede, a world class rodeo adds a whole new class of horse shit.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgarc88
    Seems like there's not much talk about DLR's upcoming gigs.
    Not sure too many people know his full tour schedule... Since his website is DOA...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.11.16 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    Damn that must be cause you bought a ticket!!!

THATS OK YOU CAN STAY HOME!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DUNN28
    Damn that must be cause you bought a ticket!!!

THATS OK YOU CAN STAY HOME!!!!!!
    Actually, This part of the world IS pretty much home,and i will stay at home.Since it's pretty hard to partake in any thread around here without getting into an argument about DLR, SH and the like, let me say.....if you wish to spend the money getting from Ohio to Calgary so you can watch this goof continue to try and bring back the glory years, more power to you.
    I've seen him a few times, including with VH, and while he's an entertainer,he's not a singer,and now,he's really not much of an entertainer. (unless you've never seen him before,then you might be amused for awhile,til you catch on that he can't sing)
    There's to many people who have only seen DLR in his VH glory days on video,and that's the thing. The old video's of this guy are not what you get live. The video of him struggling to get through JUMP with the Boston Pops last year, in all it's embarrasing glory, that's whats left of Diamond Dave.
    If you're going to Calgary to take in the Greatest Outdoor show on Earth,I can give you a list of ideas of ways to party and have more fun, with more beautiful women and great people than you can imagine.
    If you want to hear someone trying to play old VH and do some of those classics some justice,i can give you a list of some great bar bands in the area.
    Eddie may be having his difficulties, but most of his talent is still there, MA is as good as he ever was, same for AVH (maybe better), Sammy can still belt em out with the best of them.
    DLR is playing the back rooms of third rate country western clubs,trying to convince folks that he is still IT, and he isn't, never was really.

Okay,now i know i'll have stirred up the bee's nest, so i'll go get another coffee,sit back and watch.

If it ain't got Eddie, it ain't VH.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's pretty simple for me. I've never seen DLR live despite originally liking VH when Dave was still in the band. I've seen Sammy fronting VH about 10 times live and I've been to Cabo 4 or 5 times but still have not seen the Diamond one.

I'm curious to see what kind of a show he puts on....
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 18,051 Times in 8,922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
    Thanks for taking a thread asking if anybody is going to a show and setting up the 1,000,000 Dave vs. Sam thread with your statement. Way to go fella! ~
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

But that's the issue, this is a Van Halen site, this guy, with the exception of a hiccup in the nineties has had no part of Van Halen for 20 years, yet people continue to post his tour dates, start ridiculous rumors and bash anybody who is not him over and over.
    I don't see any Cherone dates being posted.
    We don't get people talking to Michael Jackson to see if there's any chance that the one off tune he and Eddie did 20 years ago might become something more permanent.
    There's no wierdos from the Cherone Army starting bizarre tour rumors.
    It's over folks....move on.
    -H.S.T

Favorite VH Album

VH1, FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Show No Merc
    Last Online

10.20.06 @ 08:33 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Considering Dave's live show is 95% VH tunes, its pretty releveant. This is a VH site, which includes all 6 members and their outside projects.
    Van Halen Live: 15 shows.
    Have I seen my last one?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

all...and the 14th one too!
    Favorite VH Song

there the sound track\'s of my life...and you want "1"
    Last Online

06.29.05 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we all know it...(dlr-sam) ...so lets move on ...I have never seen VH live ...they where 2 hours away...in Toronto...and i could not muster up the cash ...figured over 300 plus...so if it only cost me 25 bucks to see Dave 45 min away...fuck good or bad...iam there!...cause the way i see it ...ive talked about them to all i know...bought the T-Shirts...and the ablums/CD...and the live tape/DvD....and ive never seen them live ...so ...its like goin to see Sam...or seeing MA...or cathing ED...or AL..on the streets....fuck ...this is my one and maybe last chance to see something or some part of what is /was VANHALEN!.... that i can call the sound track of my life...so for the little i paid...and for what little Dave "MAY" have to offer...iam in my glory...my love for them doesnt end....it just slowly fades...long live what is/was VH.....ROCK ON!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default DLR's CONCERT IN CALGARY

I just went to the show last night.

What can I say? it was totolly awesome. The crowd was hot and DLR was in fine form. Others that have seen him recently would probably say roughly the same thing about his performance.....

YES he's still the ultimate showman but his voice is pretty shot and he can't sustain too many high pitched squeals (although he did get a few off). A lot of the time he 'talked' the lyrics instead of singing them and he did change a few of the lyrics to include references to Calgary and cowboys etc...His kicks were pretty pathetic though and the couple of roundhouse kicks he threw didn't go above his waist.....maximum points for effort though.

He stopped the show during YRGM cos some jackass through their beer at him....that was shortly after he did the JD Bottle whacking off spot where he pretends to jerk the JD bottle off and fires onto the chicks in the first row. He gave a big lecture and the jackass got ecsorted out a few minutes later.

He also did his number where he askes a chick if she is 21 yrs old...why?? cos he was in Calgary 21 years ago....he then proceeds to ask the older chick next to her is she's the girl's mother??? Then he just says - did I fuck you? Doesn't seem so funny now but it was hilarious last night.

Overall it was a great show - DLR still has his old swagger and an amazing stage presence. He totally pumped the crowd up and had everyone in his control. I don't want to start a debate here but he doesn't (IMHO) seem like he's just about to re-join Van Halen. He reminded me of Sammy in that he seems pretty happy just doing his own show and giving the fans exactly what they came to see (more or less).

before I forget, his band was excellent. musically very tight anf the guitarist had all of Vai's and EVH's licks and tricks down pretty good.

Setlist was roughly like this......
    1.Hot For Teacher
    2.Meanstreet
    3.Just Like Paradise
    4.Runnin' With The Devil
    5.You Really Got Me
    6.California Girls
    7.Beautiful Girls
    8.Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    9.Jamie's Crying
    10.Cradle Will Rock
    11.Just A Gigolo
    12.Unchained
    13.Panama
    14.Dance The Night Away
    15.Ice Cream Man
    16.Ain't Talking 'Bout Love
    18.Jump

Kinda bummed out that he didn't play Yankee Rose...in fact there were only 3 DLR solo songs....all the rest were strictly VH material.
    --------------