Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default So I go to the Mall Looking for a Sammy CD...

So I go to the Mall Looking for a Sammy CD...

They had a FYE Music/Video joint (the only one at the Mall in Tyler,TX). First of all I'm looking in the rock section...notta! Then the Heavy Metal section..Bingo! IMO, Sammy Hagar is not what I consider "Heavy Metal" even though he's got the song "Heavy Metal"...Maybe that's why he's there.

Anyway, out of over 20 solo albums Sammy Hagar has out, they only had 2 in stock! They had 1 copy of "Best of" and 1 "Unboxed"....That's it. I would have thought that the Mall in a town of almost 80K would have more Sammy in stock.

Is that surprising to anyone?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, that is surprising to me. We have an FYE up here, and they have the best Sammy selection in town. In fact, FYE is the only place I have ever seen Red Voodoo.
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I'm surprised that you went to buy a Hagar CD in the first place.

Really though, look at the various labels, the mix-up/cross pollination of said labels, then ultimately the distribution.

Stuff goes "out of print" (for lack of a better term) almost instantly, so best of luck finding back catalogue of anybody in today's market.

Honestly, "used" CD stores, the independant, mom and pop type places are the way to go for me, personally.

The staff at these joints genuinely care about music for one thing, it is not a choice between "the food court" or "the CD Outlet" for them, job-wise, as they are not located in malls.

Now I beg the question, why in the royal fuck were you trying to purchase music in a "mall" to begin with?

The music that you and I care about (to the uninitiated, axe and I are friends) is only going to be found there performed as "MUZAC", perhaps at Sears, heard overhead as you purchase a garden hose or some pants that fit like a garbage bag.

As much as I despise corporate monoliths, Best Buy has been pretty good selection-wise, it simply takes 3-4 hours to pay and get the fuck out of there.

(Why is there always a group of people from another country purchasing 5 shopping carts worth of computers and accesories, none of said items correctly priced or even better, mismatched, and they want to pay with Monopoly money or tea-leaves, directly in front of me when I wish to pay and get out?)

I think it lies between that wonderful experiance and the internet, for the short-time and eventual longtime future, my friend.

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Best Buy by me is always stocked with most of Sammy's solo stuff.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig

Really though, look at the various labels, the mix-up/cross pollination of said labels, then ultimately the distribution.

Stuff goes "out of print" (for lack of a better term) almost instantly, so best of luck finding back catalogue of anybody in today's market.

Honestly, "used" CD stores, the independant, mom and pop type places are the way to go for me, personally.

The staff at these joints genuinely care about music for one thing, it is not a choice between "the food court" or "the CD Outlet" for them, job-wise, as they are not located in malls.

Now I beg the question, why in the royal fuck were you trying to purchase music in a "mall" to begin with?

The music that you and I care about (to the uninitiated, axe and I are friends) is only going to be found there performed as "MUZAC", perhaps at Sears, heard overhead as you purchase a garden hose or some pants that fit like a garbage bag.

As much as I despise corporate monoliths, Best Buy has been pretty good selection-wise, it simply takes 3-4 hours to pay and get the fuck out of there.

(Why is there always a group of people from another country purchasing 5 shopping carts worth of computers and accesories, none of said items correctly priced or even better, mismatched, and they want to pay with Monopoly money or tea-leaves, directly in front of me when I wish to pay and get out?)

I think it lies between that wonderful experiance and the internet, for the short-time and eventual longtime future, my friend.

...craig
    More words of wisdom from the Chef!!

You've got a way with words man; couldn't have put it better myself.

The shoppers in front of you in line, it never fails, does it??? BB is really bad if you're in a hurry and they've got a kajillion people in line for two registers.

The only place to go is the used cd store or else online for anything decent nowadays. We don't all like Cold Play!!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

i was at wal-mart the other day snooping around in the cd section and saw essential red and ten13....but that's it...and i have both of those.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VivaVH
    Yeah, that is surprising to me. We have an FYE up here, and they have the best Sammy selection in town. In fact, FYE is the only place I have ever seen Red Voodoo.
    I'm not suprised........outside of VH, Sammy is irrelavent to a lot of folks.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_5150
    I'm not suprised........outside of VH, Sammy is irrelavent to a lot of folks.
    Wrong...Sam is somehow relevant to, apparently a supportive fan base (and I'm no Hagar apologist)...whereas you are "irrelavent".

Your deeply thought out, engaging posts are truly inspiring to dim bulbs everywhere with limited attention spans.

Why don't you go play in traffic, numbnuts?

...craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

...craig
    Gee, it sounds like you've been hitting the Best Buy near Sawgrass Mills. You forgot to mention the take your life into your own hands traffic at that intersection....(and good luck finding parking if you make it...)

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian

They had a FYE Music/Video joint (the only one at the Mall in Tyler,TX). First of all I'm looking in the rock section...notta! Then the Heavy Metal section..Bingo! IMO, Sammy Hagar is not what I consider "Heavy Metal" even though he's got the song "Heavy Metal"...Maybe that's why he's there.

Anyway, out of over 20 solo albums Sammy Hagar has out, they only had 2 in stock! They had 1 copy of "Best of" and 1 "Unboxed"....That's it. I would have thought that the Mall in a town of almost 80K would have more Sammy in stock.

I am not the least bit surprised, even the local pon shop only has Marching To Mars, Best Of and that godamn piece of shit "classic masters" cd, which is the exact same as best of.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    Gee, it sounds like you've been hitting the Best Buy near Sawgrass Mills. You forgot to mention the take your life into your own hands traffic at that intersection....(and good luck finding parking if you make it...)
    Friend, you and I both left out a few things:

#1. The overzealous joy of the Plantation Police and their collective speed-traps.

#2. "Oh shit, it's raining...everybody drive faster and brake quicker!"

#3. "It's Friday...rules/traffic laws are temporarily suspended."

#4. On any day of the week: "I'm from Weston, my time is more valueable than your's, so get the fuck out of my way."

#5. On any day of the week: "I'm from Sunrise, never seen the big city before, besides...my truck only fires on 5 of 8 cylinders, hence the smoke cloud."

#6. "I'm just blocking you in for a second or two, my wife is in line at Best Buy".

#7. "Young man, my husband has a heart condition, he deserves to cut in front of you".

#8. "Hey...me and my buddy do body work, we can fix that dent".
    Said fellow and buddy are driving a 1976 Ford Econoline van, with a home air-conditioning unit bolted and duct taped to a window on the side.

#9. "I...am...loooking...for...beach". Is this Asian fellow asking about the Atlantic Ocean (18 miles east) or is the fellow looking for a hooker?

I think it graceful to bow out without providing an actual "Top Ten" (and these are off the top of my head).

Menlow, you and me gotta get together for some beers sometime.

...craig
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Friend, you and I both left out a few things:

#1. The overzealous joy of the Plantation Police and their collective speed-traps.

#2. "Oh shit, it's raining...everybody drive faster and brake quicker!"

#3. "It's Friday...rules/traffic laws are temporarily suspended."

#4. On any day of the week: "I'm from Weston, my time is more valueable than your's, so get the fuck out of my way."

#5. On any day of the week: "I'm from Sunrise, never seen the big city before, besides...my truck only fires on 5 of 8 cylinders, hence the smoke cloud."

#6. "I'm just blocking you in for a second or two, my wife is in line at Best Buy".

#7. "Young man, my husband has a heart condition, he deserves to cut in front of you".

#8. "Hey...me and my buddy do body work, we can fix that dent".
    Said fellow and buddy are driving a 1976 Ford Econoline van, with a home air-conditioning unit bolted and duct taped to a window on the side.

#9. "I...am...loooking...for...beach". Is this Asian fellow asking about the Atlantic Ocean (18 miles east) or is the fellow looking for a hooker?

I think it graceful to bow out without providing an actual "Top Ten" (and these are off the top of my head).

Menlow, you and me gotta get together for some beers sometime.

...craig
    LMAO.
    #10 "Hey I'm on my cell phone, I can't be bothered to pay attention."

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

3 reasons, if you must know...

1) The Mall is the best place I've found to beg for money.
    2) There's something special about walking in a Mall music store with a $2 flat food court soda, listening to trash screaming out of the speakers while overpaying for music.
    3) Killing time...opted not to go in "Bath & Body" with wifey to watch her blow 40 bucks on scented dish soaps.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Last Online

10.07.07 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian

Well, the guy did write a song called "Heavy Metal" ...
    "I feel like a 6-year-old who just watched his dog get hit by a car," - An unhappy Yankees fan quoted in the NY Post after ALCS game 7...

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

(Why is there always a group of people from another country purchasing 5 shopping carts worth of computers and accesories...

...craig
    Probably because they have somebody else's credit card number.

Sorry. Had my wallet thieved not long ago. Best Buy was just one of the stops on the crook's list.