Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

07.28.05 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eddie back in rehab after reunion tour ?

Here's an article posted on aero247.com (an aerosmith site) about a possibility of an Aerosmith tour with Def Leppard but it has somehting VH related too. __________________________________________________ _____________
    Rumor Alert! Def Leppard?

Thanks to tony for this, but again it's just rumors, nothing is set in stone (yet)

Good morning all...

I had a very rare opportunity last evening of spending a fairly significant amount of time with Jim Koplik, the primary concert promoter here in CT for the past 30 years...

Jim was very engaging and personable, and the topics of conversation were varied... Naturally, the subject of Aerosmith came up...

I asked Jim if there was any new information that he would be willing to share with me. He once again, confirmed that he is holding an October 6th date at the Meadows Music Theater in Hartford, CT. I then asked Jim if this would double as the tour opener, and he couldn't confirm that, one way or the other...

After that, I had to address the Van Halen rumor issue. It was only a few weeks ago that I learned that the VH rumor was still alive.... I believe Jim may have finally put that rumor to sleep last evening...

As the story goes, it was very unfortunate that Eddie had to re-enter rehab after the most recent VH tour... As a result, Sammy has refused to go back on the road, or do any work with Van Halen, unless Eddie gets himself clean and sober... For these reasons, Jim said the Aerosmith / VH tour rumor should be put to bed...

I then asked him about Plan B... Who did he think Aerosmith would tour with this year..? What Jim said was that Def Leppard has an upcoming date at the Mohegan Sun on June 27th. He is scheduled to sit down with Def Leppard and their management, and is proposing to them, a package deal with Aerosmith...

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out... I certainly run the risk of looking like a horse's ass, if none of this materializes, but having received this information from the horse's mouth, I figured it would be worth taking that risk...

I do want to caution everyone though. Please do not make travel plans regarding this date / venue, until there is an official announcement by either Aerosmith, their management, or AF1... It's certainly not uncommon in this business to have dates change, etc... Even though this is the best information I have at this time, all it really is, is "preliminary" information...four months in advance...

As always, I'll do my best to provide you with future updates, and I'll only post information from public / identified sources...

Have a good day everyone...

Tony - MPC1
    Last edited by joey78; 06.24.05 at 11:21 PM.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:29 AM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Aero-Leppard....Hmm.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

If it's true, I'm glad Ed is back in rehab. You don't need the booze big guy. Get well.

I'm going to put this in the Rumor Mill..
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.10.08 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If it's true, good. If it's not, maybe he will end up going there anyways.
    "I am the party" ~David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P.
    Uhura: Mr. Spock, what happened?
    Spock: The occipital area of my head seems to have impacted with the arm of the chair.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

We'll Aerosmith is confirmed to hit the Tour trail this fall, from a Joe Perry interview. So anybody's guess is as good as the next regarding a double headline show. Leppard would be a good bet though considering the all covers album they recorded becomes available in the fall also.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sober up, Ed and Sam will return. I really hope he is in or did go into rehab after the tour. It'll be such a disappointment if he didn't.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I was thinking though how long ago was he in New York?

A month and 1/2 or so? Wasn't he seen knockin em back there. Wonder if he went and fell off the wagon already.
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I hope that he did indeed go into rehab.

Maybe it was while he was in NY, maybe thats why he brought so many guitars.
    Is there a rehab there that the stars go to as well? Like a Betty Ford?

I think its safe to say that he didn't go right after the tour, since he was pounding them down at Dimebag's Memorial Service.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

09.30.05 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like it could be reliable; certainly makes some sense. One thing's for sure, there's no future for Van Halen unless Edward sobers up. Let's face it, there's probably no future for Edward at all if he doesn't sober up. It's a shame, the slot with Aerosmith would have been a great break for Van Halen to reestablish themselves in the mainstream.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

On fire, SGMAD
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:33 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

we dont know for sure if the slot is closed for them
    "People ask me 'Dave, what's it like to be a rock and roll star?" I tell them 'It's simple: in your mind, line up every woman you've ever been with. Got 'em there? well, I wouldn't fuck any of them.'" - DLR

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like it could be reliable; certainly makes some sense. One thing's for sure, there's no future for Van Halen unless Edward sobers up. Let's face it, there's probably no future for Edward at all if he doesn't sober up. It's a shame, the slot with Aerosmith would have been a great break for Van Halen to reestablish themselves in the mainstream."

Just Push Play was the last time Aerosmith is going to be in the
    mainstream. They got no play for the last album at all. Aerosmith's
    days as a mainstream act are over. I'm sure they knew that when
    they came out with Honkin On Bobo.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.16.08 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joey78
    Here's an article posted on aero247.com (an aerosmith site) about a possibility of an Aerosmith tour with Def Leppard but it has somehting VH related too. __________________________________________________ _____________
    Rumor Alert! Def Leppard?

Thanks to tony for this, but again it's just rumors, nothing is set in stone (yet)

Good morning all...

I had a very rare opportunity last evening of spending a fairly significant amount of time with Jim Koplik, the primary concert promoter here in CT for the past 30 years...

Jim was very engaging and personable, and the topics of conversation were varied... Naturally, the subject of Aerosmith came up...

I asked Jim if there was any new information that he would be willing to share with me. He once again, confirmed that he is holding an October 6th date at the Meadows Music Theater in Hartford, CT. I then asked Jim if this would double as the tour opener, and he couldn't confirm that, one way or the other...

After that, I had to address the Van Halen rumor issue. It was only a few weeks ago that I learned that the VH rumor was still alive.... I believe Jim may have finally put that rumor to sleep last evening...

As the story goes, it was very unfortunate that Eddie had to re-enter rehab after the most recent VH tour... As a result, Sammy has refused to go back on the road, or do any work with Van Halen, unless Eddie gets himself clean and sober... For these reasons, Jim said the Aerosmith / VH tour rumor should be put to bed...

I then asked him about Plan B... Who did he think Aerosmith would tour with this year..? What Jim said was that Def Leppard has an upcoming date at the Mohegan Sun on June 27th. He is scheduled to sit down with Def Leppard and their management, and is proposing to them, a package deal with Aerosmith...

It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out... I certainly run the risk of looking like a horse's ass, if none of this materializes, but having received this information from the horse's mouth, I figured it would be worth taking that risk...

I do want to caution everyone though. Please do not make travel plans regarding this date / venue, until there is an official announcement by either Aerosmith, their management, or AF1... It's certainly not uncommon in this business to have dates change, etc... Even though this is the best information I have at this time, all it really is, is "preliminary" information...four months in advance...

As always, I'll do my best to provide you with future updates, and I'll only post information from public / identified sources...

Have a good day everyone...

Tony - MPC1
    Joey - have you seen any updates to this?

Like I said in another thread, it doesn't seem like this rehab rumor is true, or if it is, I'd say it was a failure. The way "Tony" worded it in his post seems like Eddie went right after the tour, but according to rumors and various sightings, Eddie's been seen drinking many times since? Or maybe he's in rehab right now? Just wondering if you've, or anyone has heard anything further.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

No rehab for Ed after the tour! He needs it but he didn't go!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 PM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    I hope that he did indeed go into rehab.

Maybe it was while he was in NY, maybe thats why he brought so many guitars.
    Is there a rehab there that the stars go to as well? Like a Betty Ford?

I think its safe to say that he didn't go right after the tour, since he was pounding them down at Dimebag's Memorial Service.
    ya there's other ones back east. there's one in southern CT somewhere, i wanna say in darien or something like that. i also think there is one in or near the hamptons as well

lots of folk have been to betty ford. it's 10 minutes from where i live actually. great facility with great people

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

That's great if Ed is/was in rehab to try and clean himself up. It was obvious that he isn't fun to be around this past tour.

As for the news from Jim Koplik, he is certainly a reliable source. As a rock promoter for many years in the CT area, he has a good pulse on the music scene.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com