Dave - WACF, Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Dream is Over
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 09:23 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Default Show and Tell: The Silvertide Thread

Our babies who were opening up for Van Halen this time last year are all grown up now.

They are headlining shows right now. In fact, I just went and saw one tonight here in town, and boy were they loud, but boy did they rock.

The highlight of the night was when they played Foxhole J.C. Apparently they weren't playing that on earlier shows in the tour, but when Walt said, "By popular demand, because of all your e-mails begging us to play this, here it is. Foxhole J.C.", the place erupted.

Another thing... they filmed their live DVD tonight. Can't wait until it comes out!

So, who else here loves the 'Tide?
    If it's BROWN, flush it DOWN.

GO STEELERS!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.25.09 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i cant wait to see them play again opening for motley crue
    "I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, 'Sorry I'm Late'." - Axl Rose

Can You Feel It, See It, Hear It Today
    If You Can't, Then It Doesn't Matter Anyway

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo
    i cant wait to see them play again opening for motley crue
    Likewise. I get that in August.

California Rain is probably my favourite track from these guys. Amazing band!

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 05:09 PM
    Liked 585 Times in 358 Posts

Donor

Yep, they rock.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

always liked them since the time i saw them both nights in worcester.

here's some pics:

Last edited by elvhfan; 06.24.05 at 05:29 AM.
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Last Online

08.02.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just saw them again Tuesday night opening for Collective Soul. Just killer and I agree, "Foxhole" was just stellar, I wasnt a huge fan until seeing them play it live. Walt went through the crowd and climbed to the balcony to finish Aint Comin Home which was pretty sweet. Great band. As far as favorite track, Im leaning to "Heartstrong" right now.

Here is some of the content I have on the guys.

http://www.empyrelounge.com/gallerie...05_silvertide/

Interview:
    http://www.empyrelounge.com/intervie...05_silvertide/

Photos opening for Alter Bridge
    http://www.empyrelounge.com/gallerie...05_silvertide/

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Didn't like them when they opened for VH. As a matter of fact I think I was looking at my nails the whole time. Just too much wanking for me by Nick Perri on lead, and the overall sound was muddy.

But after seeing them open for Sammy, I had to run out and get their disc. Didn't have a chance to hang with them, but I heard they're really nice dudes. The cd is fuckin solid too. My favorite would be You Want It All and Devil's Daughter.

I remember Buckcherry was suppossed to be the return of real rock, but I'll put my money on these kids. Real good band with a great live show.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They just opened for Collective Soul in DC.

I had caught their show two times with VH and this past time with Collective Soul.

I am not sure what I'm missing here, but they are by far, the worst band I've every witnessed in a live setting.

At the CS show, I was told by "walt" that just becuase we were in the VIP area, didn't mean that we couldn't rock out with our cocks out....or something like that. Insulting a crowd is not the way to build loyalty.

Indeed an energetic band with a decent live show that is asshole tight everynight, but for me, the material is pretty lame.

What's with the retro look. Skin tight pants...long hair...bell bottoms, way too much image for me.

They're opening for some big bands, yet seem to not have made a dent in rock radio. They didn't even have a major label release out and they opened for Van Halen. Sounds like corporate money pushing these dudes to the forefront, not spectacular music.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but being asked to raise my "joint" in the air....please, music for me, is at a whole different level. I have to be able to relate to the artist and I don't relate to Mary Jane....unless it's her last dance...one more time to kill the pain......

Once again, tight band live, really bad material that offers nothing new musically or artistically.....really loud.

They should be a great opener for Motley Crue...they have something in common.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    They just opened for Collective Soul in DC.

I had caught their show two times with VH and this past time with Collective Soul.

I am not sure what I'm missing here, but they are by far, the worst band I've every witnessed in a live setting.

At the CS show, I was told by "walt" that just becuase we were in the VIP area, didn't mean that we couldn't rock out with our cocks out....or something like that. Insulting a crowd is not the way to build loyalty.

Indeed an energetic band with a decent live show that is asshole tight everynight, but for me, the material is pretty lame.

What's with the retro look. Skin tight pants...long hair...bell bottoms, way too much image for me.

They're opening for some big bands, yet seem to not have made a dent in rock radio. They didn't even have a major label release out and they opened for Van Halen. Sounds like corporate money pushing these dudes to the forefront, not spectacular music.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but being asked to raise my "joint" in the air....please, music for me, is at a whole different level. I have to be able to relate to the artist and I don't relate to Mary Jane....unless it's her last dance...one more time to kill the pain......

Once again, tight band live, really bad material that offers nothing new musically or artistically.....really loud.

They should be a great opener for Motley Crue...they have something in common.

I do like some of their stuff. But to me they are kind of Black Crowes wanna be's or something. Not very original in my opinion.
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

Last Online

08.02.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldnt disagree with you more.

You know what they say, if it is too loud, you are far too old.

Rock out with your cocks out is a nasty insult. Thats why I hate DLR though...saying he is going to fuck my girlfriend every show, jeez he will never be able to biuld a fanbase that way :-) Bands say stupid shit like that all the time, i wouldnt take personal offense to it like it seems you did. And yes, his name is Walt, not sure what the quotes were for but that is his name. At times I think his voice does carry a similar tone to Chris Robinson of the Crowes but I dont see the music really sounding like the Crowes.

No, you are right, they didnt have the release out yet...it was pushed back by the label to move it away from the high profile releases in early 2004 so it did not get lost in the shuffle. The disc was finished long before it came out, they had no control over that. It happens to new bands a lot. And they have a great booking agent but most of their buzz isn't label driven, its word of mouth driven. In some parts of the country, they are getting a lot of good, solid airplay. Are they going to save rock, no but they are out there waiving the banner that Van Halen helped create with that nice deep as a puddle rock.

I was at Tom Petty last weekend and he essentially said the same thing before playing Last Dance with Mary Jane...guess that makes Petty pretty lame.

Just cause they are a new band doesnt mean they are crap...it happens on this board all the time. I dont like it cause its new, it must be crap. Im not attacking you or any of ya...if you dont dig the music thats fine I understand...and no it doesn't bring anything new to the table. New bands can't win in these threads...they either dont bring anything new or a band like Radiohead who does is crap and your just trendy if you like them. Everyone has their opinion but dont go throwing a look, or "corprate money" out there cause if that was true you would see MTV all over them, and really selling an image. Blink 182, that was a band that was selling an image. They are a corprate band. Silvertide is doing it right...in my opinion...playing a ton of shows, with a lot of the bands that influenced them and building a fan base one at a time.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

01.25.09 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've met everyone in the band, and after watching them play on stage and how they act you wouldn't believe how nice these guys actually are
    "I'm late to everything. I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, 'Sorry I'm Late'." - Axl Rose

Can You Feel It, See It, Hear It Today
    If You Can't, Then It Doesn't Matter Anyway

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Mark and Nick are in the new Guitar ONE issue. Pretty cool stuff in there. Lists their gear and stuff. I really like Mark's stage presence next to Nick's wild ass Angus Young like act. Both are really good players.
    Last edited by SuckaInA3Piece; 06.24.05 at 01:42 PM.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I was completely blown away by their EP "American Excess". I absolutely could not wait for "Show & Tell" to be released. I anxiously awaited the early June release date....... only to find out that it had been pushed back to September. CRAP!!!! September finally rolls around and I rush out to buy the disc. I throw it in the stereo with great anticipation and........ ehhh. It really wasn't what I was expecting based on the EP. The 3 songs on the EP were really rough, raw, gritty, turn the dump over and go home with the waitress, rock n' roll. The songs on "Show & Tell" seem very clean, calculated and "gosh, I hope we're radio friendly." Over produced might be a better way of putting it. The one exception would be "Mary Jane" which was left exactly as it was on the EP. The rest of the album had a different producer than the one that did the EP. That may have been the difference.

I'd love to see them live. Their live show might be more in line with their EP. If you do find the EP somewhere, pick it up. It's got a song not included on the full length release ("Beware") and "To See Where I Hide" is much more rock n' roll on the EP.

A guy on their message board sent me a boot of one of their live shows. Pretty cool acoustic set.

They have gotten some radio play here in Houston. I'll be keeping an ear out for new music from them. They could stand some growth in the lyric department. Some of their lyrics remind me of early '90s hair metal ("Heartstrong"? Really? Want some chips with that queso?). But they've got potential.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Silvertide is a great Band. Like someone else said, they're just Kids. Kids that Fucking Rock!!! They don't sound like wanna be's to me. If I could put a mix together of bands that they sound like I would say: Black Crowes, AC/DC and the Darkness. Roll one up and crank up- Mary Jane

Last Online

05.26.06 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saw Silvertide in a small club in Chicago, a couple weeks ago . . . they absolutely rocked! My favorite songs are "Devil's Daughter", "Foxhole J.C.", and the ballad "Heartstrong". Great CD! Can't wait to see them again in August, when they open for Motley Crue.
    "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

Sir Winston Churchill