Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

05.26.06 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Girls and tattoos

I've been debating for a few months whether to have a small tattoo (my first!) done on my lower back BUT . . . I'm getting VERY different opinions from my friends. I know it's a permanent thing, but considering the discrete location, I don't think it will affect my career advancement.

Do you think tattoos look tacky on girls? I usually come across as pretty conservative . . . I just don't want a simple tattoo to send the wrong message or mark me for life! Any opinions?
    Last edited by SweetEmotion; 06.19.05 at 08:08 AM.
    "Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."

Sir Winston Churchill

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.29.16 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me give you a visual....someday you're gonna be a grandma...what do you think your cute little tattoo will look like then?

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Think of getting a tattoo like your taste in music. What you might listen to now, and think is cool, six months from now will be at the back of your cd collection. Tattoos on chicks do absolutely nothing for me. But, to each his own.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.19.12 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SweetEmotion
    I've been debating for a few months whether to have a small tattoo (my first!) done on my lower back BUT . . . I'm getting VERY different opinions from my friends. I know it's a permanent thing, but considering the discrete location, I don't think it will affect my career advancement.

Do you think tattoos look tacky on girls? I usually come across as pretty conservative . . . I just don't want a simple tattoo to send the wrong message or mark me for life! Any opinions?

So basically what I call a "tramp stamp". Jokingly of course....(sometimes)
    It seems as though every girl/woman out there has a tattoo on the lower back......be original, try somewhere else. Or even more original.....don't get one! But to each their own........just make sure you pick out something that you think you will like in 30 years. That will narrow down your choices.
    Last edited by rxman; 06.19.05 at 08:57 AM.
    "The sound of Van Halen was meant to spill out, all over your stereo and ruin the rest of your record collection "...David Lee Roth

Check out one of the best bands to come out of Arizona. Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. www.rogerclyne.net

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"5150"
    Last Online

04.05.12 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My personal opinion...tattoos look horrible. Perhaps it's the predominantly blue ink colors used, but tattoos remind me of big bruises on a girl's body. Obviously I can't speak for everybody, but I know of a lot of guys turned off by them. There's nothing more appealing than an all-natural, untouched female. rxman is right; if you want to set yourself from the crowd, don't get a tattoo.
    Scott Roberts
    The Official Scott Roberts Blog - http://www.scottrobertsweb.com
    FORMER owner of The VH Trade Site - http://www.vhtrading.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Please don't get one.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Don't do it!!!

I have to agree with the other guys here. Last week I took my 4 year old daughter to a local water park here in Cincinnati. I saw a ton of women there who were my age or older (30-35) with their young kids. I commented to friend that it was bizarre to me to see all of these moms in their bathing suits with tatoos. I'm sure that most of these women probably got them when they were young (18-22). They probably had different shaped bodies when they got their tatoos and they also probably view things a lot differently then they did when they were 21. Things that you are into are constantly changing. Tatoos are permant. Don't forget that.

The best way that I can relate to you how I felt would be to think back when you were younger. Imagine seeing your mom or her friends with a tatoo.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

05.09.15 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Also...

Right or wrong, people judge you by your appearance. I do think that some people will make assumptions about you if you decide to get one.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Any tattoo WILL mark you for life. If you think you still want one, write the design down on paper. Lock that paper up for a year and then go back and check it out. If after a year you still want one then re-think it then. BTW, I say don't get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

If you want one get one,if not than don't.
    Why worry about what your friends say?If they're really your friends in the first place,they'll tell you to do what you feel is right.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I guess that I'll be the lone guy here to say that he thinks that a tattoo on a womans lower back is sexy as hell, just as long as it's not too huge. I say if you really want to get a tattoo go for it, especially if there is some meaning behind the design you get, don't just get something that is meaningless to you. I have two tattoos and one of them is just a tribal band that I got for the hell of it, not to say that I hate it or anything but it would be nice if it had some real meaning to it. Anyway I say do what you think is right for you.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Hey SE.....

It's YOUR body.....YOUR decision. If you know what you want and where ya want it, go for it. You're not put into this life to impress your friends, nor the people who say "ewww thats tacky", or "everyone else is doing that too".

A tattoo is personal decision, and if you have your reasons for doing it, get it done.

And personally, I think that spot is sexy as all hell for a tattoo on a babe.

Be sure and post a pic for us!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being / SGMAD
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A lower back tattoo is often referred to as an "open invitation" around here.......I personally think you should not get one...........every time I go to the beach I see hundreds of girls with them......even if they are different they kind of all look the same........., and people tend to judge a person just because of their tattoos…..
    Last edited by VH RightNow; 06.19.05 at 11:10 AM.
    Van Halen Is: Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone

They will be back.....

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

tattooed chicks rule!!! i say go for it.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

The only thing worse than a tattoo on a woman, is if that same woman is smoking a cigarette..YUCK