Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Have You Noticed Movie Trailers..?

Is it me, or are the trailers for upcoming movies getting better at not giving away the entire movie?

The trailer for "Mr & Mrs Smith" actually had footage that wasn't in the movie and some footage was altered to give a different impression. Same is true for Batman Begins", the trailer gives you the feel of the movie but doesn't screw up the plot.

I like this development. There's nothing worse than seeing a movie ruin by a busy trailer.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Is it me, or are the trailers for upcoming movies getting better at not giving away the entire movie?

The trailer for "Mr & Mrs Smith" actually had footage that wasn't in the movie and some footage was altered to give a different impression. Same is true for Batman Begins", the trailer gives you the feel of the movie but doesn't screw up the plot.

I like this development. There's nothing worse than seeing a movie ruin by a busy trailer.
    I know what you mean. The very WORST give away too much info trailer I saw was for Hart's War. It was a really good movie -- IF you didn't know much about Bruce Willis' character and his motivations. It was a much more cerebral movie, but they sold it as more of an action movie --and that didn't satisfy the action audience.

As for scenes in a trailer NOT in the movie -- The Negotiator trailer had a scene where Kevin Spacey's character tells the cops something like "Now you have to deal with BOTH of us." (Which also gave away too much, but then made you feel the movie was going to go in a direction it didn't actually go.)

Since I haven't seen the Batman Begins trailer, I guess I can enjoy the movie.

On the other hand -- one of the best trailers EVAH was for Silence of the Lambs. I was probably too young to be seeing something like that at the time, but DAMN! Scared the CRAP out of me!
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!