Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Forbes 100 - a little VH trivia

Van Halen enters at #61.
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

ALL
    Last Online

04.24.17 @ 11:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Fingers
    Van Halen enters at #61.
    All songs written and performed by:

Edward Van Halen: Lead Guitars, Backround vocals
    Sammy Hagar: Lead Vocals, Acoustic/Guitars
    Michael Anthony: Bass/ Backround Vocals
    Alex Van Halen: Drums/Percussions/Back Vocals
    Sammy Hagars solos available on Geffen
    Special Thanks to: Valerie, Wolfie, Sue, Kari,Claudio for introducing the RedRocker to us Al's Harem and kids, Elisha, Taylor, Kama/ all the fans past and present: all recordings done at "5150" where else! A nod and wink to Ed Leffler.
    Irving Azoff/ All the staff at Warner Bros. past and present/ Gary Cherone for giving his all/ David Lee Roth for getting us there and oh yea Ray Daniels, for keeping the bathrooms clean during all the performances. Oh yea, your fucking check is in the mail and next time you whip your bullshit on us again, where taking your ass to Cabo and pounding mud up your ass till you cough up sand for the loss of 8 years. nuff said, IT"S 5150 TIME

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I caught this on Entertainment Tonight. This is the Forbes Celebrity 100 which identifies the power people in show biz. Apparently they haven't posted the 2005 list on their web site yet. I missed part of the audio on the show, but I think they mentioned EVH specifically, rather than VH as a band--not sure. I know they only showed Ed's picture. I thought it was pretty impressive that he/they got this kind of recognition.
    "I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH-is-Alive
    Yeah, I caught this on Entertainment Tonight. This is the Forbes Celebrity 100 which identifies the power people in show biz. Apparently they haven't posted the 2005 list on their web site yet. I missed part of the audio on the show, but I think they mentioned EVH specifically, rather than VH as a band--not sure. I know they only showed Ed's picture. I thought it was pretty impressive that he/they got this kind of recognition.
    Yeah, they did the tour last year STRICTLY for the money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

12.01.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Exactly...people don't realize that after all is said and done bands don't make a whole lot touring...especially when it's only 80 or so shows. Tours make more than record sales, but still not as much as investments and the like can. I think it would be safe to assume that the Van Halens have been wise financially.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I saw it....it wasn't Van Halen, it was Eddie specifically.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:02 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabby gabbster
    Exactly...people don't realize that after all is said and done bands don't make a whole lot touring...especially when it's only 80 or so shows. Tours make more than record sales, but still not as much as investments and the like can. I think it would be safe to assume that the Van Halens have been wise financially.

I would think if the tour made $54mm, then these guys took home at a bare minimum around $5mm each and possibly upwards of $10mm each. Not bad for 4 months worth of work.

Sammy said in an interview around 2001 that he was worth over $100mm (somewhat due to Cabo Wabo most likely).

Just to give a little perspective, I read in the mid 90s, that even after CC Deville hit rock bottom around that time, he was fortunate because he still somehow had $7mm in the bank. So if he can have that much after really only 3 decent selling albums and maybe 2 real headlining tours, our guys in VH should have several times more than that from the 86-95 period alone.

I also thought I read somewhere that on the Balance Tour these guys made $75k each a show. 135 shows x $75k = roughly $10mm.

It would be very interesting to see what these guys make and how much their worth.

If these guys invested wisely like the previous post said, these guys can be worth eye-popping amounts. If they invested all their money in cars (hopefully Mikey didn't), it may be another story.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I would think that Ed is easily worth in the ball park of 150 million when you factor everything in, maybe even more. Now weather he has pissed alot of it away is another story, but he was getting huge bank for his Peavy Line, not to mention up front cash, so who knows.

Last Online

06.24.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'd always heard that Mikey was the most wise of investors. Disney stock in particular. Mikey has had only 1 wife, and with a stable family life, he just ratholed the money. Good idea since Ed and Al have pulled him out of the publishing rights on the last few records.
    You know the best tone I ever had was with that little bandmaster cranked to 10. Edward Van Halen, 1980, Guitar Player Magazine.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.14.05 @ 11:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It would be interesting to see the list..do they break it down by music income vs ancillary stuff? One of the reasons Britney Spears is worth 125 million or whatever it is..is all the STUFF people buy. Stickers, Notebook covers, clothes, dolls, whatever. Some artists aren't really in that mold...like I doubt anyone is buying Bruce Springsteen stickers and blue jeans.

On one of those VH1 shows they talked about the Partridge Family dude...David Cassidy..back then the TV Network owned everything about him...all that merchandise...hundreds of millions of dollars went in THEIR pocket, not his, he only got a salary. It was SHOCKING to me how much merchandise that guy moved...he should be worth a couple hundred mill easy.

Also, it goes without saying the difference between a 4 or even 5 or 6 man band and a solo artist...not only is is split a few ways, take into account 40-50 percent taxes all totaled, agents, lawyers etc etc....a bet there are a LOT of bands that don't have what we think they have....a few years back I saw a thing on another band I've forgotten the name of sold 10 million albums and the contract was soooo bad they all only wound up with a couple hundred grand a piece. Insane.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

All of them...
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/53/M0Q2.html

Here's a link to the list. It refers to the band, and not just Ed.

Who's that dude walking next to him?
    "Living with the Aftershock"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So 61 X Van Halen = Oprah?

I doubt Eddie's worth $150 million. $50 million, at the most $75. He's got around $7.5 million tied up in his two houses ( the one he lives in and the one that Val and son live in), he's got a Lamborghini and perhaps another sportscar and a lowjack pickup truck. The rest is probably invested in mutual funds and bonds. I don't how much he got liquid, even so $50 million sounds high.

I'm not saying he's hurting, it's just that most people have no clue how much money rock stars DON't make.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

He's got a lot more cars than that.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cabo Gary
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/53/M0Q2.html

Here's a link to the list. It refers to the band, and not just Ed.

Who's that dude walking next to him?

Looks like Ed and Zakk Wylde from Dimebag's funeral.

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    So 61 X Van Halen = Oprah?

I doubt Eddie's worth $150 million. $50 million, at the most $75. He's got around $7.5 million tied up in his two houses ( the one he lives in and the one that Val and son live in), he's got a Lamborghini and perhaps another sportscar and a lowjack pickup truck. The rest is probably invested in mutual funds and bonds. I don't how much he got liquid, even so $50 million sounds high.

I'm not saying he's hurting, it's just that most people have no clue how much money rock stars DON't make.

Dude, my parents friend wrote one hit song in the 70's and he said that the money he made from that song was enough to supplement his income NICELY for years to come. On the surface Eddie is not hurting for money. He's got millions from song royalties alone. He's worth over 100 mil easy... now he may have to split that up now but, why do you think he came up with his own logo and shit?
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy