Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One out of control Love Octagon. Please help...(OPINIONS)

This may be a bit long so bare with me.

I have a friend, Katie. Known her since I was 10, and today we went to prom together tonite, or last nite considering that it is 5:30am and I haven't hit the hay yet. After prom we went to a hotel with some friends. Now Katie has a history of disloyalty toward people. I love her to death but her actions keep me and my friends from being in a serious relationship with her. This is all very confusing so I will do my very best to simplify everything.

For almost 3 years she dated a man named Brandon. Brandon is a highschool dropout who has struggled to be a drummer. He has a history of doing certain drugs as needles, acid, pot, etc. They broke up back in January 2005. But beforehand, she was with a boy named Josh at the same time who would do anything for her and loved her to death just as much as anyone. They weren't in a serious relationship but Josh did everything for Katie. Yet Katie did nothing for Josh. That's how she is with people. At the sametime of her relationship with Brandon however, she was disloyal because she and I and another girl made out on a kitchen floor during some party...I was forced, and I was drunk as was she and the other girl. We tend to keep this situation on the downlow. The point is, when Katie is with one person, she seems to automatically find interest in someone else at the same time. She needs to understand that she can't do that to people and it's unfair. Me and Josh are good friends. Brandon on the other hand, is on bad terms with me because I apparently "stole Katie" from him. Me and Katie have been somewhat serious with each other for the last 7 months. Yet, at the sametime, she has been finding interest with other people which frequently heartbroken and confused by her actions. Somehow, I always find myself back with her. She's a very seductive person. I love everything about her and would do anything for her...much like all the other people have. She captures people into her trap and she then shits all over em' by showing interest in someone else. So now that she has "somewhat" been involved with me, she is now showing love for Josh. Along with Katie's friend, Aubrey, who also has a crush on Josh. They both had their chance with Josh a long time ago and they missed out.

So after prom, Katie gets drunk and Josh is fending back Katie's affection because how she is. Josh is a very good person and doesn't deserve a person like Katie. I don't deserve her either. Anyways, It was after 2am and we couldn't get beer from the market...She went to another room a couple doors down where there was a bunch of Russian kids who also had a prom. This worried me. Was she trying to prove a point? I realized that she went over there to score some beers from these horny Russians. I come to the revelation that she takes advantage of people just so she can get what she wants. So on our way home when my friend Dom was driving us home, they had an intense conversation of why she does these things. There was not much of a straight answer that came out of her mouth. Either she didn't have a real answer or she was too drunk to get the right words. She started crying, i think because she knows something is wrong with her. We got home, and she got in her car and drove off as I watched from up the street where I live. It was about 4 am and she was driving around after drinking. I started sending her text messages...

"just sleep on it..."

she replied, "i'll drive on it, you trust me?"

I replied for her not to talk like that and to just go home and not drive around while intoxicated. The last thing I want is for something terrible to happen to her when on the road. I texted her till she came back home, as relieved as I was.

This girl is not like any other person I know. She's so special to me. But she can't continue to do these things to me, or anyone for that matter. It's completely unfair...I do everything for her, and I don't recieve much back. It's like I'm a servant. But she is the closest thing to love I have ever felt. Everything is so confusing right now. I can't be in a serious relationship with her, but I will always love her.

All I really want is your people's opinions. What is her deal? Are men fools? Is she out of control?
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

What you should do is hook her up with Brandon,let him deal with her issues.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

She sounds like a person I'm most easy to crush on. Really, because I was in the relationships close to what you have written above. Plus, for some reason, when I do something for a girl and she starts jumping all over the place in a gratitude, I don't like it as much as when she pretends to ignore it or remains cold. I know it doesn't make sense but sense does not apply when talking about love. It's just how it is for me. I've been dreaming a girl today who to all my efforts replies with 'wow' or 'cool'. Or 'okay' for that matter. And I'm completely in love with another one who switchs boyfrieds like gloves, makes our conversation happen by her desire, makes me hate her in her absence and lose my mind when she shows up.

The way your friend Katie behave with guys is how she keeps them all in love with her. You've been yourself for 8 years, right? That's why she acts like she does. And if I had a girlfriend like that I wouldn't like for her to act any differently.

Just my two cents. But thanks for putting this down because I understand you and that was an interesting read.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Katie sounds like a gnarly mess, to be honest. You really DON'T want to get involved with a chick like that. Trust me.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

To me or to Kevy ?

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

She's a very seductive person. I love everything about her and would do anything for her...much like all the other people have. She captures people into her trap and she then shits all over em' by showing interest in someone else.
    Boy, do I know this (guys do it just as much as girls!).

Josh is a very good person and doesn't deserve a person like Katie. I don't deserve her either.
    That's the smartest thing you've said!

I come to the revelation that she takes advantage of people just so she can get what she wants. This girl is not like any other person I know. She's so special to me. But she can't continue to do these things to me, or anyone for that matter. It's completely unfair...I do everything for her, and I don't recieve much back. It's like I'm a servant. But she is the closest thing to love I have ever felt.
    She's special to you because she makes you feel "not good enough" for her. You keep trying to impress her, but she just wants more and she knows she can play guys against each other. My advice is to run away from her as fast as possible. (I tell you that from the perspective of being unable to run away from a guy who's exactly the same way.)
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    To me or to Kevy ?
    Well shit, both. Just stay away from them types!

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Well shit, both. Just stay away from them types!
    I wish but I personally can't. I really don't like when a girl glues herself to a sertain guy, that's why I've intentionally broken up with my first gfriend for her friend. Unsuccessfully though, but that's not the point.
    The girl which doesn't let you rest and think she is yours forever makes you stuggle all the time to draw her attention and to prove you deserve her, and stuff like that. There is a bit of masochism in it but hell, all Van Halen fans are ain't it

I know it may not be a pleasant topic for you, Jan, I'm just stating my personal opinion.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I would stay away from her. You may have feelings for her but she is not going to change. She will keep you and other guys allways thinking that you have a chance of true love with her, the whole time she is Katting around doing her thing. She sounds like a user and a attention whore. The sooner you get over her the better off you will be.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The thing about Katie is, she is merely insecure about herself, yet she knows that she can get people's attention. She yearns for the attention. When she gets the guy, he will do ANYTHING for her. I don't care who you are, there is something special about this girl that you can't resist. All you want to do is make her happy and please her. Only in the long run, you get nothing back from this girl. Nothing significant for that matter. She doesn't acknowledge what I or anyone does for her.

I love her to death. Aways will. But I can't deal with her anymore. She's so lovely yet so cruel. I've loved her for so long, yet the way she operates socially has affected me for too many years. I believe any man she'll ever be with, she won't be satisfied and she'll shit all over him. Another heart will be broken.

After last night, or this early morning, I just hope she finally realizes what she's doing wrong. How she can't play people like she has.

All I can say now, she had her chance with me and she lost it. She made up her mind. I'm happy Josh made the same decision. We should have made this decision before we got hurt.
    Respects.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

You've answered it yourself - "She doesn't acknowledge what anyone does for her". That's exactly what is special about her and why guys keep comming after her.

And you know what, I actually do understand her. I know what most of the guys need from girls.
    Edited: not meaning you
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 06.12.05 at 01:18 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Dude, listen very closely.

You won't want to agree with this,
    but she's a waste of time and energy.
    Move on. She's not as "special" as you think. Really.
    One day you'll be with another girl who you think is so special too.

This girl is treating you like crap. But you looooooove her right?
    If she wasn't a female, would you even bother to hang with her?
    If she didn't have a vagina you'd barely even acknowledge her.

Hear me now and believe me later.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

^ lol. Are you generalizing, or developing on particular case?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I wish but I personally can't. I really don't like when a girl glues herself to a sertain guy, that's why I've intentionally broken up with my first gfriend for her friend. Unsuccessfully though, but that's not the point.
    The girl which doesn't let you rest and think she is yours forever makes you stuggle all the time to draw her attention and to prove you deserve her, and stuff like that. There is a bit of masochism in it but hell, all Van Halen fans are ain't it

I know it may not be a pleasant topic for you, Jan, I'm just stating my personal opinion.

Hell man I'm down to discuss, I've been through my share of b.s., hardly phases me anymore Your taste in relationships disturbs me my friend
    Last edited by janthraxx; 06.12.05 at 04:05 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steven B
    Dude, listen very closely.

You won't want to agree with this,
    but she's a waste of time and energy.
    Move on. She's not as "special" as you think. Really.
    One day you'll be with another girl who you think is so special too.

This girl is treating you like crap. But you looooooove her right?
    If she wasn't a female, would you even bother to hang with her?
    If she didn't have a vagina you'd barely even acknowledge her.

Hear me now and believe me later.
    I'm 18 years old, I'm still a virgin. I have turned down many girls. I am kind of a picky person and just want the perfect girl that makes me happy. (Is this a problem that I have?) Before prom night Katie openly said that it was up to me if we were to have sex. The thing is, I don't want to have sex with her just because it's prom night. I'm not that kind of person. Only in a serious relationship will I want that. We haven't been that serious though.

All my other friends have been hellbent on getting laid all the time. They take almost whatever will come at them...As me and Josh are the two who want the girl thats right.

There is a voice in everyman's mind that encourages the drive for sex. Some voices are louder than others. But you are mostly right. We're all only human. For so long I have viewed her on a higher level compared to any other girl I have ever met. Thankfully, that perception is changing durastically.
    Respects.