Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Interesting

Got this email the other day. I thought it was cool and right on the money.

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed.
    Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.
    This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.
    I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York .
    A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United State s is abrogating the NAFTA
    treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They care.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn tootin."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America. To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.
    God bless America. Thank you and good night.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

(Please forward this to at least ten friends and see what happens! Let's get this to every USA computer!)

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

I got that too. It's great.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I try and be as open minded as possible to other countries, but some times I would just love for someone on our side to say something like this. To bad we cant just put up a wall and wait until the other dudes have gotten all the fight out of there systems, but im sure MikeL has something intelligent to say that would make me change my uninformed mind. ; )
    Last edited by willy4pres; 06.12.05 at 12:07 AM.

Favorite VH Album

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!
    Last Online

04.06.06 @ 04:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default ?

Maybe it's because I'm in Australia, but..I don't understand what is so great about this hypothetical speech.

Input....anyone..
    *Good women rarely make history**

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

If that would happen, all nations will join the list two. One single clusterf@ck that Iraq is is not worthy that tention between the States and the rest of the world.
    Plus I don't think the author has any firm grip on politics, if he's omited Turkey, Kazachstan and Ukraine in the list one. Ordering to severe relationship with Europe's coutries number one and two, and the second largest military in the world? And suggestion to drill for oil on Alaska made it sound like the email was written by a high school enthusiast.
    Buttom line, there is no America's own wellfare withouth foreign policy. Say good fuck off to China who didn't support Iraqi invasion, and half of goods in the US stores will disappear. Flame away though, but I don't agree with anything said in the above article.
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 06.12.05 at 01:48 AM.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.03.13 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willy4pres
    I try and be as open minded as possible to other countries, but some times I would just love for someone on our side to say something like this. To bad we cant just put up a wall and wait until the other dudes have gotten all the fight out of there systems, but im sure MikeL has something intelligent to say that would make me change my uninformed mind. ; )
    Something intelligent, like sending a PM to you making fun of your hospitalizations and illnesses for the past few years?

No wait, that's what he did to me. No joke, I still have it.

I disagree with some of the stuff in the post, but I love the sentiment. While I disagree with the pouring of billions into corrupt countries, we shouldn't pull the aid only due to nations not helping us in the war, we should do it because it is moronic.
    Last edited by JCJanko; 06.12.05 at 10:51 AM.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

We're NOT Lawyers! www.werenotlawyers.com

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It had some good points...focusing on our own countries need with our money instead of sending it elsewhere first, but the rest of it was a bit rash. Of course, you want to say that, but in the end it wouldn't be a very sound way to begin a new direction.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JCJanko
    Something intelligent, like sending a PM to you making fun of your hospitalizations and illnesses for the past few years?

No wait, that's what he did to me. No joke, I still have it.
    Post it up. I for one would like to see it, as I don't remember it. I remember asking if you were a teenager, because you were acting like one. I seem to remember calling you dull and uninformed, because you are. Having saved all of my old IMs over the years, I'd certainly like you to refresh my memory.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by journeyrocks
    Maybe it's because I'm in Australia, but..I don't understand what is so great about this hypothetical speech.

Input....anyone..
    For those who like the speech, it's acting out frustration over elitist nations (France perfect example) who decided to threaten force on Saddam through the UN if he broke the final resolution, then when he broke the resolution, wouldn't follow through. It has little to do with "American domination," or oil, as many on the left like to claim. This is totally regardless of whether the war was the best option or not; that can still be debated.

No, in practice it would be a bad idea, but it helps some cope with international stupidity, especially knowing now how deep in bed most of these nations were with Saddam (France again, perfect example).
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

OK answer this simple question - why invest money in military at all and not to spend it on healthcare just to name the one? I don't know for sure, but as I understand a huge amount of the money which form the cost of Iraqi war are pretty much fictious. Launch the rocket which costed few millions of bucks back in the 1995 and add this to total. Again, the author makes it sound like oil was the main target and in my opinions it's wrong.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Post it up. I for one would like to see it, as I don't remember it. I remember asking if you were a teenager, because you were acting like one. I seem to remember calling you dull and uninformed, because you are. Having saved all of my old IMs over the years, I'd certainly like you to refresh my memory.
    No problem, Mikey! After you wouldn't leave me alone for awhile (constant PM's for no reason), you asked me (in your normal immature sarcastic way), knowing fully well at this time my illnesses had forced me to drop out of college MONTHS before, "How's your formal education going?" You were trying to get under my skin, but I found it hilarious. Remember now, you classy stud?

And, your little ad homs are still immature. As many here seem to realize, you are a pseudointellectual hiding behind a little computer. A wimp. Now, please don't PM me 50 times like you usually do when you look stupid in the forums. LEAVE ME ALONE!
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

THE TEXT: (If you notice, this PM only contains the phrase that Mike is trying to get me upset about. He clearly was frustrated that I could not remember whatever he was referring to, so he tried to make fun of my illnesses. I have labeled who said what for further clarification, and took out HTML labels.)

MikeL: Uh huh. How's that formal education coming along?

JCJANKO:
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but obviously, I've gotten the better of you, since I haven't the slightest clue why I have an IM (or PM). I wish you would be more specific, as I have more to my life than VH forums. Thanks, though.

MIKEL: You really do need to try harder. It's nice to know that I can get the better of you so easily.

Any questions?
    Last edited by JCJanko; 06.12.05 at 11:25 AM.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

5150, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    OK answer this simple question - why invest money in military at all and not to spend it on healthcare just to name the one? I don't know for sure, but as I understand a huge amount of the money which form the cost of Iraqi war are pretty much fictious. Launch the rocket which costed few millions of bucks back in the 1995 and add this to total. Again, the author makes it sound like oil was the main target and in my opinions it's wrong.
    As a Constitutionalist, the answer is easy. Government's powers do not include "health care." However, the military is blatantly spelled out as a duty of government. One of only a few. Everything else should be left to the people, technically. Now, I have no problem debating some governmental regulations and programs others may find unconstitutional, but that's what made the Constitution so great when it was written.

As far as "fictitious," I believe the word should be "bloated." EVERYTHING in the miltary costs more because it is run by government, where the market cannot fully drive prices. King of the Hill had a great episode on this when Hank gets a haircut from Bill in the military barber shop. Classic.
    Go Bills and Sabres!

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

As a Constitutionalist, the answer is easy. Government's powers do not include "health care." However, the military is blatantly spelled out as a duty of government. One of only a few. Everything else should be left to the people, technically. Now, I have no problem debating some governmental regulations and programs others may find unconstitutional, but that's what made the Constitution so great when it was written.

As far as "fictitious," I believe the word should be "bloated." EVERYTHING in the miltary costs more because it is run by government, where the market cannot fully drive prices. King of the Hill had a great episode on this when Hank gets a haircut from Bill in the military barber shop. Classic.
    Fictious or bloated, the argument that money which have been spent on Iraq could have been used for other purposes is weak. When people rant that Bush wasted $40 billions of their money as taxpayers, they forget that most of those money were invested in military long before he even took the office.
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 06.12.05 at 11:42 AM.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

THE TEXT: (If you notice, this PM only contains the phrase that Mike is trying to get me upset about. He clearly was frustrated that I could not remember whatever he was referring to, so he tried to make fun of my illnesses. I have labeled who said what for further clarification, and took out HTML labels.)

MikeL: Uh huh. How's that formal education coming along?

JCJANKO:
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but obviously, I've gotten the better of you, since I haven't the slightest clue why I have an IM (or PM). I wish you would be more specific, as I have more to my life than VH forums. Thanks, though.

MIKEL: You really do need to try harder. It's nice to know that I can get the better of you so easily.

Any questions?
    I knew you were sensitive, but I didn't realize you were that sensitive! I didn't know a thing about your illness, and I was poking fun of how touchy you are about education. You try way, way too hard to compensate for your lack of a degree. Whether it's saying a bit too often and a bit too loudly that a guy can learn things outside of school (of course he can--you just seem to think you have to prove it), or trying to back up your facts (which are so often opinions) by saying that you've got a friend who's a professor and he says...

That's what I was making fun of, you dolt. Do you not even realize how touchy you are about your education, or lack thereof?