Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default 'Rainbow Party' Book Makes Waves

NEW YORK — "Rainbow Party" is a controversial book about a group of teenagers getting together to engage in group oral sex and it has critics saying the material isn't the best way to educate today's kids about the ramifications of being sexually irresponsible.

The novel by Paul Ruditis, according to publisher Simon & Schuster (search), was "inspired by numerous news reports about the prevalence and attitudes among teens towards certain types of sexual behavior, and is intended to engage readers in this real-life issue in a responsible and constructive fashion." Simon & Schuster says it's a cautionary tale written for kids age 14 and older.

A "rainbow party" is described as a gathering of boys and girls where the participants engage in group oral sex. Each girl wears a different colored lipstick to leave their mark on each boy. At the end of the book, news of a wave of sexually transmitted diseases (search ) sends shockwaves throughout the school.

While a representative from the company declined to speak on camera, Simon & Schuster did release a statement saying, "It was inspired by numerous news reports about the prevalence and attitudes among teens towards certain types of sexual behavior, and is intended to engage readers in this real-life issue in a responsible and creative fashion."

Harvard psychiatry professor Alvin Poussaint (search) said the book sends the wrong message.

"I think a lot of parents don't want their children exposed to such an explicit book," Poussaint said. "I don't think it's probably the best way to introduce a young person to the risks of engaging in certain types of sexual behavior."

Schools called by FOX News said they don't have "Rainbow Party" in their libraries and many parents, school officials and publishers didn't want to publicly talk about the topic. But on the streets of New York City, there was mixed reaction to the idea behind the book.

"I believe the book should be out there. I think parents are really in the dark about a lot and I think this is kind of an eye opener for them," said parent Brian Schanerman.

But Barbara Taggert, another parent, said the book could cause kids to become even more curious about the activity.

"There are those parties and I've heard about those ... horrible. I do think it could make them do it earlier," she said.

The book is controversial enough that stores like Borders and Barnes & Noble don't stock their stores with it, but they do sell it on their Web sites. The book is selling for $8.99 on the Simon & Schuster, Borders and Barnes & Noble Web sites.

Ruditis, the author, has also written companion reading material for hit television shows like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel," "Charmed," and "Queer as Folk."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I heard about this recently on some news show that was documenting the lives of jr. high girls and their sexuality. I wish I could remember what the show was. This is unbelievable!!! : You know, I didn't even REALLY understand what oral sex was all about in jr. high (much less would I have thought about engaging in it). Aside from the obvious health risks (I mean really...how is this different from an orgie of 12-yr. olds), I worry about what these kids (especially the girls b/c sex is more emotional for girls) are going to go through later in life when they're ready to find a life-partner and get married. I've heard about enough of how oral sex isn't really sex. In my opinion, it's even MORE intimate than intercourse. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I just wonder what these girls (and some guys, I'm sure) will go through, mentally, when they realize that they having nothing left to give to the person they want to spend the rest of their life with. If they're going to "rainbow parties" in jr. high, I can only imagine what they're doing in high school. B.J.s are now considered a "goodnight kiss" and something the girls just "do" b/c everyone's doing it. What is the girl getting in return and how is this eventually going to affect her self-esteem when she realizes just how many schlongs she's slurpped? I don't know, maybe I'm a little old-fashioned in this regard, but guys let me get your opinion: When you found the love of your life, how would it have made you feel to know she had given "oral favors" to around 100 guys (b/c that's the number you're likely looking at if they're starting at 11 or 12 and going to parties where you're doing it to 10 guys)?
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles
    I heard about this recently on some news show that was documenting the lives of jr. high girls and their sexuality. I wish I could remember what the show was. This is unbelievable!!! : You know, I didn't even REALLY understand what oral sex was all about in jr. high (much less would I have thought about engaging in it). Aside from the obvious health risks (I mean really...how is this different from an orgie of 12-yr. olds), I worry about what these kids (especially the girls b/c sex is more emotional for girls) are going to go through later in life when they're ready to find a life-partner and get married. I've heard about enough of how oral sex isn't really sex. In my opinion, it's even MORE intimate than intercourse. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I just wonder what these girls (and some guys, I'm sure) will go through, mentally, when they realize that they having nothing left to give to the person they want to spend the rest of their life with. If they're going to "rainbow parties" in jr. high, I can only imagine what they're doing in high school. B.J.s are now considered a "goodnight kiss" and something the girls just "do" b/c everyone's doing it. What is the girl getting in return and how is this eventually going to affect her self-esteem when she realizes just how many schlongs she's slurpped? I don't know, maybe I'm a little old-fashioned in this regard, but guys let me get your opinion: When you found the love of your life, how would it have made you feel to know she had given "oral favors" to around 100 guys (b/c that's the number you're likely looking at if they're starting at 11 or 12 and going to parties where you're doing it to 10 guys)?
    I think there's a fair amount of urban legend here that the "author" decided to capitalize on...As for the rest of your points, I think you're right on the money, kt. The esteem of the girls who would participate in this kind of thing is really summed up nicely in Heathers...When dead Heather is in the bathroom after giving her boyfriend head, she rinses her mouth, looks in the mirror, and spits at her own face...

Personally, as a father to a very young daughter, I can't imagine my child going through life with such a small sense of self-worth that she'd feel a need to participate in this type of thing...Which leads back to another question...

Where are the damned parents???
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    I think there's a fair amount of urban legend here that the "author" decided to capitalize on...As for the rest of your points, I think you're right on the money, kt. The esteem of the girls who would participate in this kind of thing is really summed up nicely in Heathers...When dead Heather is in the bathroom after giving her boyfriend head, she rinses her mouth, looks in the mirror, and spits at her own face...

Personally, as a father to a very young daughter, I can't imagine my child going through life with such a small sense of self-worth that she'd feel a need to participate in this type of thing...Which leads back to another question...

Where are the damned parents???
    We talked about this before. Down here, at my old JH, the Monterey Co. Health Department had reported a rise of STDs amoungst students there. The kind of STDs that you usually get from oral sex (giving or receiving).

The local JH decided to quietly look into the problem. The said that the number one reason was that the girls were "Bored". Where I live, the problem is wealthy parents, big houses and latch-key kids. Mom & Dad figure that as long as the kids are getting good grades and don't seem to be stoned that everything must be okay.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    We talked about this before. Down here, at my old JH, the Monterey Co. Health Department had reported a rise of STDs amoungst students there. The kind of STDs that you usually get from oral sex (giving or receiving).

The local JH decided to quietly look into the problem. The said that the number one reason was that the girls were "Bored". Where I live, the problem is wealthy parents, big houses and latch-key kids. Mom & Dad figure that as long as the kids are getting good grades and don't seem to be stoned that everything must be okay.
    I teach in a high school and we pretty much have that problem here.

BTW, call me an idiot, but I found myself ROFL after I read your post...and then read your sig!
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." - EVH

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

each girl wears a different colored lipstick to leave their mark on each boy

I'M 37!!!!
    Last edited by Junior; 06.08.05 at 12:30 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

If its true, I find it very disturbing.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I don't care if I am in the poor house forever. My daughter stays in private school.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    If its true, I find it very disturbing.
    I can say that the parties are true b/c I've worked with jr. high and high school students who've talked about them. As far as a book about it...I heard about it here first, so I don't know if it's really out there. Disturbing, to say the least!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad
    I don't care if I am in the poor house forever. My daughter stays in private school.

Is it not possible for this to happen in private school? I remember when I was in school, the private school girls were always the first to do the deeds. This is from my own experience.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

What in the FUCK? I have a soon to be 9 year old boy that could possibly get a 11 or 12 year old girl to blow his weenie? This issue only blames: Parents, teachers and peers. Where in the hell do we start solving this problem?
    I have 2 sons (no daughters) and still I think that this is very wrong. My wife and I strive to raise our boys to respect everyone and make wise decisions when they talk to people. "Think before you talk" has been big in our house lately. I can't imagine "think before you get a BJ" in 3 years!
    Just go for it!

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BREW CREW
    What in the FUCK? I have a soon to be 9 year old boy that could possibly get a 11 or 12 year old girl to blow his weenie? This issue only blames: Parents, teachers and peers. Where in the hell do we start solving this problem?
    I have 2 sons (no daughters) and still I think that this is very wrong. My wife and I strive to raise our boys to respect everyone and make wise decisions when they talk to people. "Think before you talk" has been big in our house lately. I can't imagine "think before you get a BJ" in 3 years!

Isn't it scary at the ages kids are having sex and intercourse these days? It really is up to the parents to instill a healthy respect for themselves and others, and to use good judgement.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Isn't it scary at the ages kids are having sex and intercourse these days? It really is up to the parents to instill a healthy respect for themselves and others, and to use good judgement.
    You know, I agree with you to a point. However, I was raised in a home that was a very healthy and loving home. I had very high self-esteem, got along very well with my parents, was well-liked, was taught about sex in a loving a supportive way (but was told of the importance of waiting until you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with), was taught that sex was a beautiful and special thing, made great grades, was taught in a loving a supportive way about the dangers of young people abusing alchohol and drugs, was a great athlete...I could go on and on about the great family I grew up in.

I STILL MADE SOME BIG MISTAKES THAT, TO THIS DAY, I REGRET!!! I don't know why I made some of the choices I did...I honestly don't. This is why I think it's so scary to be a parent of a teenager. My parents did everything right and I still made some choices I'd like to go back and redo. Now, I'm not saying my choices altered my life or f%#@ed up my fututre, but they weren't good choices and I've had to live with some of the consequences (guilt, i.e.).

Anyway...I don't know what the answer is. I do know that parents, teachers, television, music, etc. ALONE are not to blame. I think this is one reason I'm hesitant to have children.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis_John
    I teach in a high school and we pretty much have that problem here.

BTW, call me an idiot, but I found myself ROFL after I read your post...and then read your sig!

I could change it to add : "If you are 18 or over", but it would detract from the shock value of my sig.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300