Default Leave It To An 8 Year Old !

To make me realize how much I suck !

http://leenks.com/link16525.htm
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Last Online

10.24.09 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You gotta love that. The kid's got the bug.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to choose from...
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

impressive yes, but completely devoid of feeling, give me bb king and 4 notes over the kid and his 4000 anyday

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, very, very impressive, but speed is just one of a million things that make up a great guitarist........apparently speed is all he's after, must be a fan of Malmsteen, but that's cool......

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Devoid of felling? Speed is all he's after?

I don't think you guys are really listening. He's not playing all the that fast, and when the huge majority of kids his age are trying to master a skateboard that kid is already better than 80% of players 3 times his age, and he's playing an instrument that's almost as tall as he is.
    Of course speed will be a factor in an 8 year olds playing. Their reflexes are faster and they think and react much faster so speed is one thing they'd be intersted in. More feel will come with maturity when he decides in what direction he want to go.
    I'd say the kid's got one hell of a head start.
    Do you think a teenage EVH was playing any differently when he was sitting on the edge of his bed night after night.
    Listen to Ed's early stuff and tell me it was all feel and not about speed.

Last Online

02.10.12 @ 07:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

500 times better than Eddie on tour!
    "Alex-bocephous-Bo-Halen AAOOUGHH!!"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/Mean Streets/Humans Being
    Last Online

06.04.06 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It kind of discredits rock music when an 8 year old kid can
    play.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen,1984,Fuck,
    Favorite VH Song

LUTS,ddl,Amsterdam
    Last Online

03.24.12 @ 06:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tribb
    Devoid of felling? Speed is all he's after?

I don't think you guys are really listening. He's not playing all the that fast, and when the huge majority of kids his age are trying to master a skateboard that kid is already better than 80% of players 3 times his age, and he's playing an instrument that's almost as tall as he is.
    Of course speed will be a factor in an 8 year olds playing. Their reflexes are faster and they think and react much faster so speed is one thing they'd be intersted in. More feel will come with maturity when he decides in what direction he want to go.
    I'd say the kid's got one hell of a head start.
    Do you think a teenage EVH was playing any differently when he was sitting on the edge of his bed night after night.
    Listen to Ed's early stuff and tell me it was all feel and not about speed.
    i totally agree,and i thought he played with a lot of feeling, just because he plays fast and doesn't just use the same four notes in one song doesn't mean he plays without any feeling.
    "I talked to the cancer. I told the f*cker the party was over" - Eddie Van Halen

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman". - Homer Simpson

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

True you can play fast and have feeling.

However give a 8 year old a pen and have him write a diary entry about how he is feeling today. Even the most advanced kids are going to be devoid of it because what have the experienced.

Similar to that Robin Williams speech in Good Will Hunting. Just because you can play fast does not mean much to me. It used to. There is so much more to playing then technical ability. You got to have some soul and I doubt anybody here would thinik that kid has a lot of soul.

The kid reminds me of any child prodigy. All the talent in the world but what is he going to do with it? There are kids playing violin at his age who can play Paganini. Yet they are not sitting with orcehstra's because experience matters.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

So, we're knocking the kid because he's a kid? He's EIGHT! So young he still wipes his nose with his arm, as shown at the very end. "He has no feeling."

Feeling? What the hell do you expect? What kind of life experiences is an eight-year-old supposed to have? Hopefully nothing more than kindergarten, first and second grade, and maybe a trip to Disneyworld. GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Last Online

10.24.09 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    So, we're knocking the kid because he's a kid? He's EIGHT! So young he still wipes his nose with his arm, as shown at the very end. "He has no feeling."

Feeling? What the hell do you expect? What kind of life experiences is an eight-year-old supposed to have? Hopefully nothing more than kindergarten, first and second grade, and maybe a trip to Disneyworld. GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Shari

Rack that! Totally agree. His parents should have bumper stickers that read: My 8 year old can kick your ASS on Guitar!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,797 Times in 2,448 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah the kid is 8 but if people are going to be bestowing greatness on him then he needs to meet the standards of being great. I read how he is better than Eddie Van Halen. Bullshit. Technical ability is not the only prerequsite to being a good guitarist. The kid has no feeling thus is not great.

Write a symphony like Mozart did at age 8 and then I will be impressed.

Or check out this kid and see what he has done.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...ain657713.shtm

Don't get me wrong I wish I had the technique that this 8 year old because if I did, I would be a better guitarist but still not better than EVH during the 2004 tour.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    Yeah the kid is 8 but if people are going to be bestowing greatness on him then he needs to meet the standards of being great. I read how he is better than Eddie Van Halen. Bullshit. Technical ability is not the only prerequsite to being a good guitarist. The kid has no feeling thus is not great.

Write a symphony like Mozart did at age 8 and then I will be impressed.

Or check out this kid and see what he has done.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...ain657713.shtm

Don't get me wrong I wish I had the technique that this 8 year old because if I did, I would be a better guitarist but still not better than EVH during the 2004 tour.
    Guess you aren't impressive yourself, being that you haven't written a symphony at 8 either. Not to be harsh man, or harsh to anyone, but why the hell does everyone measure anything remotely guitar oriented to EVH? Yeah, i'm a VH fan too, is why I come here. But I'm also a guitarist, and I understand that there's more to life than Van Halen.

You people want to rip this kid because he's memorized a piece on guitar much like others memorize something on violin, or cello, or any other instrument, piano too. And you want to say he has no "feel"... i don't get that.

Your definition of "feel" is very skewed to lean toward what you think is "feel" written by VH. Well, there really is no point arguing with you, because you are so full of EVH that you believe everything he writes is God and anything that isn't is bullshit. Sorry, but you are wrong, whether you see it or not.

I remember watching a movie a while back, Immortal Beloved, with Gary Oldman playing Beethoven. When I saw him put his ear to the piano and play Moonlight Sonata (a very common song that's been reproduced over and over) there was so much emotion there I wanted to weep.

Musicians first learn to play technically, then later on they add what they want.. that addition is "feel". And narrow-mindedness believes that "feel" is slow and melodic; it's not.

Feel is an emotion. We all have that same emotion expressed through playing in different ways. Don't knock someone because their emotion isn't the exact same as yours.

Sorry for the rant, but you guys need to get your head out of your ass along with Ed.
    Your favorite band sucks.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The kid is EIGHT YEARS OLD for cryin' out loud. How much felling could a kid of his age put into it?

That being said, HE FREAKIN' SHREDS. 'Nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick
    he still wipes his nose with his arm, !

Shari
    Wait a second, I still my hose on my arm....
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett