Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.23.14 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Can someone please tell me.....

what happened between this.......

and this.......

Sometimes it just amazes me that 4 adults who got along for 8-10 years (depending on what version you adhere to) can't work together for more than a few months at a time without having to "take a break". Sometimes I want to get them together, hold an old picture up and say, "just have fun like you used to", then bang their heads together like the stooges.

Sorry, I had to just let a little steam off every once in a while. I don't just post pictures of Babes you know......

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Damn dude, I wish I could tell ya. It does bum me out to watch the old concerts and specials on MTV (Like UNLEASHED) when they were all best of friends.....havin a blast making music.

I wonder sometimes if THEY even know what happened between then and now.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Map, if the ENTIRE Van Halen run was 10 years, that's 9 years and 9 months longer than most bands last...

It doesn't take too many fingers and toes to see that VH stayed in the pack longer than 95% of bands that achieve any kind of fame...

They had a few number #1's...a few hits...played some of the bigger venues in the world...have a song that has stuck in the public consciousness for over 20 years...still have fans who want music...

That's more than 99.999% of the people who pick up an instrument will achieve in their lifetime...

You ask what happened? Time happened...Looking for other "reasons" diminishes the accomplishment of remaining a pretty big draw for almost two decades...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by map57
    what happened between this.......

and this.......

Sometimes it just amazes me that 4 adults who got along for 8-10 years (depending on what version you adhere to) can't work together for more than a few months at a time without having to "take a break". Sometimes I want to get them together, hold an old picture up and say, "just have fun like you used to", then bang their heads together like the stooges.

Sorry, I had to just let a little steam off every once in a while. I don't just post pictures of Babes you know......
    So when can you get over there and knock some heads??? Great idea tho. There was a time when it was about havin fun and makin some music. I'm sure I'm one of many who for the life of us, can't figure these guys out. But they used to have fun with it. Somewhere along the way it turned into work.

BTW - It's good to have another diversion other than your chick pics.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    Map, if the ENTIRE Van Halen run was 10 years, that's 9 years and 9 months longer than most bands last...

It doesn't take too many fingers and toes to see that VH stayed in the pack longer than 95% of bands that achieve any kind of fame...

They had a few number #1's...a few hits...played some of the bigger venues in the world...have a song that has stuck in the public consciousness for over 20 years...still have fans who want music...

That's more than 99.999% of the people who pick up an instrument will achieve in their lifetime...

You ask what happened? Time happened...Looking for other "reasons" diminishes the accomplishment of remaining a pretty big draw for almost two decades...

Yeah, but look at the Rolling Stones. If they can keep it together, VH should have been able to.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That IS the magic question, ain't it! Wish I knew...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Default Let's See:

They bought Cabo Wabo, 3 of them bailed out of Cabo Wabo, Ed Leffler died, Wolfgang was born, Alex blew out his neck, Eddie got sober, Eddie got therapy, Alex got married, Ray Danniels, Alex got divorced, WB wanted to do a Greatest Hits album, Hagar got divorced, Hagar got remarried, Hagar Had a kid, Hagar quit/was fired, Mike got fired, Hagar became a Mexico's version of the beer baron, Eddie got cancer, Eddie needed a hip replacement, Dave & Eddie made awesome music, Dave got the shaft, Eddie fell off of the wagon, Eddie got divorced, Alex & Sammy kissed & played nice in the press, they released & half-assed new tunes with Van Hagar v.2, Mike got hired, Van Hagar v.2 toured, VH v.2 broke up.

(not necessarily in that order)

Sound about right?
    Last edited by Hecubus; 06.01.05 at 10:26 AM.
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,480 Times in 902 Posts

Booze, egos, Ray Fucking Daniels...
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 87 Posts

Thankfully, the clothing styles.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I think the whole reason for the issues between Sam and Ed relate back to the shoes they wore in the first picture. They hated each other's shoes.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo
    Ray Fucking Daniels...
    How does a guy break up a powerhouse like Van Halen, and then fuck up a NO-BRAINER..... the return of Roth and then on top of that, convince VH to hire Gary Fuckin Cherone?

I mean ultimately the brothers should have known better with their decisions, but this mother fucker had them under his spell.

What a cock smoker.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:54 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus
    They bought Cabo Wabo, 3 of them bailed out of Cabo Wabo, Ed Leffler died, Wolfgang was born, Alex blew out his neck, Eddie got sober, Eddie got therapy, Alex got married, Ray Danniels, Alex got divorced, WB wanted to do a Greatest Hits album, Hagar got divorced, Hagar got remarried, Hagar Had a kid, Hagar quit/was fired, Mike got fired, Hagar became a Mexico's version of the beer baron, Eddie got cancer, Eddie needed a hip replacement, Dave & Eddie made awesome music, Dave got the shaft, Eddie fell off of the wagon, Eddie got divorced, Alex & Sammy kissed & played nice in the press, they released & half-assed new tunes with Van Hagar v.2, Mike got hired, Van Hagar v.2 toured, VH v.2 broke up.

(not necessarily in that order)

Sound about right?
    You forgot about VH III.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    You forgot about VH III.
    Repeat after me, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened....

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    Repeat after me, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened....
    VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened..VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened..VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened..VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened..VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened..

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:54 PM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow

VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened, VH III never happened...

The horror....the horror...