Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

Another new tune.

I posted a piece from the demo I'm working on a day or two ago, and here's another one. Not sure if I should have started another threasd, but anyway... This is more of a rocker, but I'm trying to avoid that EVH/Satriani/Vai sound of a humbucker into a high gain amp plus some of the licks are more country-ish. Think Danny Gatton meets Satch meets the Foo Fighters! The lead is the Variax 500's tele model through the Pod XTL's Hiwatt with bit of tape echo. The two rhythm guitars are also tele's but with humbucker in the front and tuned to open G a la Keith Richards (thanks Variax Workbench!). This is a very rough mix and I'm not sure about the tom rumbles in parts. The solo I'm also not sure of - I can play a lot more accurately than this but I'm going for feel more than technique. Anyway, see what you think...

http://www.stuartneville.co.uk/FastOpenG_Mix1.mp3

The other two pieces I have for the demo are further from completion so it'll be a couple of weeks before I'm posting those probably.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2
    I posted a piece from the demo I'm working on a day or two ago, and here's another one. Not sure if I should have started another threasd, but anyway... This is more of a rocker, but I'm trying to avoid that EVH/Satriani/Vai sound of a humbucker into a high gain amp plus some of the licks are more country-ish. Think Danny Gatton meets Satch meets the Foo Fighters! The lead is the Variax 500's tele model through the Pod XTL's Hiwatt with bit of tape echo. The two rhythm guitars are also tele's but with humbucker in the front and tuned to open G a la Keith Richards (thanks Variax Workbench!). This is a very rough mix and I'm not sure about the tom rumbles in parts. The solo I'm also not sure of - I can play a lot more accurately than this but I'm going for feel more than technique. Anyway, see what you think...

The other two pieces I have for the demo are further from completion so it'll be a couple of weeks before I'm posting those probably.
    Dude thats awesome!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

That was pretty cool man! I liked how you stick to the main theme/riff troughout the song.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I retouched the solo on this a little for anyone who's interested - just replaced the original file so the link will still work.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 and VH 2
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

04.15.08 @ 01:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel2

This was really great!!

Very catchy theme and impassioned playing.....cool tone too!