Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default Sunrise,Fl September 11 2004

    I've heard a lot of criticism of Ed's playing on the tour, but this was the only show I went to and I thought he played great. When the tour forum was up, I believe this show received mostly positive reviews. I sat in the 6th row and had a great time. Definitely worth $175.00. Maybe I was lucky to catch this particular show. Does anybody else agree?

  2. #2
    Eruption lal5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    miami,fla
    Posts
    1,452
    Favorite VH Album

    dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

    ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

    06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    i was at that show too and agree100% on you comment. ed was on fire that night.what i laugh about that night was ed doing those dopey cheers after the show...it was funny...........

  3. #3
    On Fire Vanhalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.27.03
    Location
    Quito, Ecuador
    Posts
    340
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    All
    Last Online

    05.11.17 @ 09:16 AM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts

    Default 100% Correct!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    I've heard a lot of criticism of Ed's playing on the tour, but this was the only show I went to and I thought he played great. When the tour forum was up, I believe this show received mostly positive reviews. I sat in the 6th row and had a great time. Definitely worth $175.00. Maybe I was lucky to catch this particular show. Does anybody else agree?
    Yeah!!! What a concert... Eddie was showing all night why he is the greatest!! Amazing solo (even Big 106 talked about the solo). The whole band was great.... what a show!!! It was my first VH 2004 show, & it was the greatest.. better than Spokane, & Tucson (both nights)!!

    The 5 Star was also well worth it!! That soundcheck was amazing!!!!
    under darken skies ... we'll see the light

  4. #4
    Good Enough Wolfgang Slinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.06.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,414
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

    03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Likes
    11
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Just got this show on DVD. Great performance.

    I love the way Mike and Sam just kept on taking sips of people's drinks all night.

  5. #5
    Unchained TonyButrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.29.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    St Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    534
    Favorite VH Album

    ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

    TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

    03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    I've heard a lot of criticism of Ed's playing on the tour, but this was the only show I went to and I thought he played great. When the tour forum was up, I believe this show received mostly positive reviews. I sat in the 6th row and had a great time. Definitely worth $175.00. Maybe I was lucky to catch this particular show. Does anybody else agree?
    I was at this show as well...And I have mentioned MANY MANY times that this performance was AWESOME from start to finish!!!! The solo Eddie did that night was FUCKING incredible!!!! Im telling you, these guys (VH) must of said "listen its 9/11 lets go out and fucking do the BEST we can do" Because the people standing around me were like "look at this fucking solo the guy is dead on!!!! And they were die hards you know what I mean..
    I seen the show four times before this one and im telling you this was by far the best one I seen! anyway just had throw my 2cents in on it again 9/11
    Rock on!
    Tony
    Tony

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico
    I was at this show as well...And I have mentioned MANY MANY times that this performance was AWESOME from start to finish!!!! The solo Eddie did that night was FUCKING incredible!!!! Im telling you, these guys (VH) must of said "listen its 9/11 lets go out and fucking do the BEST we can do" Because the people standing around me were like "look at this fucking solo the guy is dead on!!!! And they were die hards you know what I mean..
    I seen the show four times before this one and im telling you this was by far the best one I seen! anyway just had throw my 2cents in on it again 9/11
    Rock on!
    Tony
    Man, from what I'm reading, it looks like I really lucked out on this show. Everybody seems to agree that they were really on and smoking that night.

  7. #7
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    05.31.04
    Posts
    217
    Last Online

    10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Man, ya'll are right on the money. I was there as well, and no doubt the band was on that night. I remember when the lights went down. It was all dark and suddenly that fuckin' guitar comes roarin' outta nowhere. The minute I heard a couple of those searing licks, man, I KNEW that EVH was definitely in the house that nite. I just knew it. You could immediately tell.

    After hearing tons of reviews -- many not good -- about his playing on the 2004 tour, well, I can only speak for my one experience, and it was just great. It proves that Edward has DEFINITELY not "lost it." When he's on, shit, he's still devastating. Absofuckinlutely amazing. I only wish he woulda been more consistant, perhaps. You know, at some of his other gigs. What I saw on 9/11 most definitely and clearly showed me the guy, and that band, can still play their fuckin' ass off. I mean, Alex's drum solo -- while much shorter than his usual solo spot -- was still so damn explosive!!! Unreal.

    Man, their version of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" from that night is still givin' me goosebumps. In fact, fuck it. I got my hands on a terrific video boot of this show. It's really great. So anyone interested, please PM me or whatever, and I'll let ya know where you can score one, too.

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer naturally wired in FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.09.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Lakeland,FL
    Posts
    4
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Streets/Unchained
    Last Online

    06.07.12 @ 05:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I saw the Sept.9 show in Tampa i thought it was one of the best shows i ever seen.I was not dissapointed at all.All the solos were great.

  9. #9
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,977
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 09:24 PM
    Likes
    2,616
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    The show was incredible, my first concert and nothing will ever top it. Great night, very song rocked, everybody was on fire!


    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    I sat in the 6th row and had a great time.
    You sat 6th row? I sat 5th, kinda center, but more towards the right, more towards Eddie.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly
    The show was incredible, my first concert and nothing will ever top it. Great night, very song rocked, everybody was on fire!




    You sat 6th row? I sat 5th, kinda center, but more towards the right, more towards Eddie.
    You must have been right near me. I was in the middle , slightly toward Ed's side as well. God Bless I Love All Access.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 16oz.Schlitz
    Man, ya'll are right on the money. I was there as well, and no doubt the band was on that night. I remember when the lights went down. It was all dark and suddenly that fuckin' guitar comes roarin' outta nowhere. The minute I heard a couple of those searing licks, man, I KNEW that EVH was definitely in the house that nite. I just knew it. You could immediately tell.

    After hearing tons of reviews -- many not good -- about his playing on the 2004 tour, well, I can only speak for my one experience, and it was just great. It proves that Edward has DEFINITELY not "lost it." When he's on, shit, he's still devastating. Absofuckinlutely amazing. I only wish he woulda been more consistant, perhaps. You know, at some of his other gigs. What I saw on 9/11 most definitely and clearly showed me the guy, and that band, can still play their fuckin' ass off. I mean, Alex's drum solo -- while much shorter than his usual solo spot -- was still so damn explosive!!! Unreal.

    Man, their version of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" from that night is still givin' me goosebumps. In fact, fuck it. I got my hands on a terrific video boot of this show. It's really great. So anyone interested, please PM me or whatever, and I'll let ya know where you can score one, too.
    Thanks for the hook up on that DVD. Got it for father's day, what a show. As good as I remembered.

  12. #12
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    05.31.04
    Posts
    217
    Last Online

    10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    No prob, Menlow. Shit, anytime, dude.

    It's great when you experience a killer show and then you see a bootleg of that show and it only confirms what you experienced, you know? There's always that little bit of, "Damn, did I just see what I think I saw?!?!?" kinda of a thing after a show like that...lol...So when you see the boot it just confirms that, yeah, I DID see what I think I saw!" hehe...No doubt, the boyz were on that nite. And EVH left not doubt in my mind that he can still bring it, big time. As I said before, I truly feel sorry for all the people who spent their hard-earned cash and may not have gotten the experience we had. I dunno, everything just seemed to be clicking on that nite. And to think that show almost didn't happen cuz of the stupid hurricane that was bearin' down on us!!!!

  13. #13
    Sinner's Swing! Sunya's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.01
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    3,053
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naturally wired in FL
    I saw the Sept.9 show in Tampa i thought it was one of the best shows i ever seen.I was not dissapointed at all.All the solos were great.
    Hey wired, I was there also. Do you remember seeing this banner?

    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain


    There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

  14. #14
    Baluchitherium dirtymovies's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.07.01
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,243
    Last Online

    11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Likes
    337
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts


    Donor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunya
    Hey wired, I was there also. Do you remember seeing this banner?


    Hey baby - send me more pics from that night....or any other night....

    Miss ya!

    pprosser@nc.rr.com

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing! vh_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,304
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

    09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Your enthusiasm for this show makes me want to see it! Anybody willing to get me a DVD? I can trade for blanks!

    Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 255 - September 11
    By Brett in forum Van Halen: Day By Day
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.21.05, 11:18 PM
  2. 249 - September 5
    By Brett in forum Van Halen: Day By Day
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.18.05, 04:38 PM
  3. 273 - September 29
    By Brett in forum Van Halen: Day By Day
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.18.05, 03:44 PM
  4. 272 - September 28
    By Brett in forum Van Halen: Day By Day
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.18.05, 03:44 PM
  5. 271 - September 27
    By Brett in forum Van Halen: Day By Day
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.18.05, 03:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •