VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Default Sunrise,Fl September 11 2004

I've heard a lot of criticism of Ed's playing on the tour, but this was the only show I went to and I thought he played great. When the tour forum was up, I believe this show received mostly positive reviews. I sat in the 6th row and had a great time. Definitely worth $175.00. Maybe I was lucky to catch this particular show. Does anybody else agree?

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

i was at that show too and agree100% on you comment. ed was on fire that night.what i laugh about that night was ed doing those dopey cheers after the show...it was funny...........

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

All
    Last Online

05.11.17 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts

Default 100% Correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    I've heard a lot of criticism of Ed's playing on the tour, but this was the only show I went to and I thought he played great. When the tour forum was up, I believe this show received mostly positive reviews. I sat in the 6th row and had a great time. Definitely worth $175.00. Maybe I was lucky to catch this particular show. Does anybody else agree?
    Yeah!!! What a concert... Eddie was showing all night why he is the greatest!! Amazing solo (even Big 106 talked about the solo). The whole band was great.... what a show!!! It was my first VH 2004 show, & it was the greatest.. better than Spokane, & Tucson (both nights)!!

The 5 Star was also well worth it!! That soundcheck was amazing!!!!
    under darken skies ... we'll see the light

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Just got this show on DVD. Great performance.

I love the way Mike and Sam just kept on taking sips of people's drinks all night.

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at this show as well...And I have mentioned MANY MANY times that this performance was AWESOME from start to finish!!!! The solo Eddie did that night was FUCKING incredible!!!! Im telling you, these guys (VH) must of said "listen its 9/11 lets go out and fucking do the BEST we can do" Because the people standing around me were like "look at this fucking solo the guy is dead on!!!! And they were die hards you know what I mean..
    I seen the show four times before this one and im telling you this was by far the best one I seen! anyway just had throw my 2cents in on it again 9/11
    Rock on!
    Tony
    Tony

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico
    I was at this show as well...And I have mentioned MANY MANY times that this performance was AWESOME from start to finish!!!! The solo Eddie did that night was FUCKING incredible!!!! Im telling you, these guys (VH) must of said "listen its 9/11 lets go out and fucking do the BEST we can do" Because the people standing around me were like "look at this fucking solo the guy is dead on!!!! And they were die hards you know what I mean..
    I seen the show four times before this one and im telling you this was by far the best one I seen! anyway just had throw my 2cents in on it again 9/11
    Rock on!
    Tony
    Man, from what I'm reading, it looks like I really lucked out on this show. Everybody seems to agree that they were really on and smoking that night.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, ya'll are right on the money. I was there as well, and no doubt the band was on that night. I remember when the lights went down. It was all dark and suddenly that fuckin' guitar comes roarin' outta nowhere. The minute I heard a couple of those searing licks, man, I KNEW that EVH was definitely in the house that nite. I just knew it. You could immediately tell.

After hearing tons of reviews -- many not good -- about his playing on the 2004 tour, well, I can only speak for my one experience, and it was just great. It proves that Edward has DEFINITELY not "lost it." When he's on, shit, he's still devastating. Absofuckinlutely amazing. I only wish he woulda been more consistant, perhaps. You know, at some of his other gigs. What I saw on 9/11 most definitely and clearly showed me the guy, and that band, can still play their fuckin' ass off. I mean, Alex's drum solo -- while much shorter than his usual solo spot -- was still so damn explosive!!! Unreal.

Man, their version of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" from that night is still givin' me goosebumps. In fact, fuck it. I got my hands on a terrific video boot of this show. It's really great. So anyone interested, please PM me or whatever, and I'll let ya know where you can score one, too.

Little Dreamer naturally wired in FL's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VHII/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets/Unchained
    Last Online

06.07.12 @ 05:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the Sept.9 show in Tampa i thought it was one of the best shows i ever seen.I was not dissapointed at all.All the solos were great.

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:24 PM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The show was incredible, my first concert and nothing will ever top it. Great night, very song rocked, everybody was on fire!

I sat in the 6th row and had a great time.
    You sat 6th row? I sat 5th, kinda center, but more towards the right, more towards Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly
    The show was incredible, my first concert and nothing will ever top it. Great night, very song rocked, everybody was on fire!

You sat 6th row? I sat 5th, kinda center, but more towards the right, more towards Eddie.
    You must have been right near me. I was in the middle , slightly toward Ed's side as well. God Bless I Love All Access.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 16oz.Schlitz
    Man, ya'll are right on the money. I was there as well, and no doubt the band was on that night. I remember when the lights went down. It was all dark and suddenly that fuckin' guitar comes roarin' outta nowhere. The minute I heard a couple of those searing licks, man, I KNEW that EVH was definitely in the house that nite. I just knew it. You could immediately tell.

After hearing tons of reviews -- many not good -- about his playing on the 2004 tour, well, I can only speak for my one experience, and it was just great. It proves that Edward has DEFINITELY not "lost it." When he's on, shit, he's still devastating. Absofuckinlutely amazing. I only wish he woulda been more consistant, perhaps. You know, at some of his other gigs. What I saw on 9/11 most definitely and clearly showed me the guy, and that band, can still play their fuckin' ass off. I mean, Alex's drum solo -- while much shorter than his usual solo spot -- was still so damn explosive!!! Unreal.

Man, their version of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" from that night is still givin' me goosebumps. In fact, fuck it. I got my hands on a terrific video boot of this show. It's really great. So anyone interested, please PM me or whatever, and I'll let ya know where you can score one, too.
    Thanks for the hook up on that DVD. Got it for father's day, what a show. As good as I remembered.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

10.02.05 @ 11:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No prob, Menlow. Shit, anytime, dude.

It's great when you experience a killer show and then you see a bootleg of that show and it only confirms what you experienced, you know? There's always that little bit of, "Damn, did I just see what I think I saw?!?!?" kinda of a thing after a show like that...lol...So when you see the boot it just confirms that, yeah, I DID see what I think I saw!" hehe...No doubt, the boyz were on that nite. And EVH left not doubt in my mind that he can still bring it, big time. As I said before, I truly feel sorry for all the people who spent their hard-earned cash and may not have gotten the experience we had. I dunno, everything just seemed to be clicking on that nite. And to think that show almost didn't happen cuz of the stupid hurricane that was bearin' down on us!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naturally wired in FL
    I saw the Sept.9 show in Tampa i thought it was one of the best shows i ever seen.I was not dissapointed at all.All the solos were great.
    Hey wired, I was there also. Do you remember seeing this banner?

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 121 Times in 68 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Sunya
    Hey wired, I was there also. Do you remember seeing this banner?

Hey baby - send me more pics from that night....or any other night....

Miss ya!

pprosser@nc.rr.com

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Your enthusiasm for this show makes me want to see it! Anybody willing to get me a DVD? I can trade for blanks!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007