Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default Ed puts unneccesary pressure on himself

    Ed tries too hard to be the brooding musician type....he wants us to believe he isn't a rock star, but a studio rat happy just to be playing.

    Guess what? After many quotes and such, I don't buy it. 5 albums, 10 albums, 30 albums? It's all bullshit, man. I'm sure Ed has some decent tape of some riffs, but all these unreleased songs?

    Ed's a genius, no doubt...but he says this shit to keep the whole "legend" thing going. I really believe this. Ed was prolific at one time...he was at his best right around the first album. I mean I have a boot from 80 where he is playing Girl Gone Bad...and a boot from early 76 where he is playing DOA. Right Now can be heard in the wildlife soundtrack, etc. He has ideas. 10 albums worth of songs? That's just Ed talking.

    So, Ed if you're reading this, (yea, right) stop lying, dude. Just say you have some ideas, but you need to work them out with a singer and lyrics man, and move on.
    Last edited by extreme red roth; 05.21.05 at 01:29 AM.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Man, I'm more than sure he didn't have 7th Seal, Take Me Back or Feeling untill late 80-ies and From Afar, Once and Year to the Day until mid-90-ies, and that's the kind of music I love most and want him to release to public. Could care less about Girl Gone Bad

  3. #3
    Unchained arackofwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.19.04
    Location
    montauk project
    Posts
    436
    Last Online

    09.13.08 @ 04:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Girl Gone Bad is amazing!watch the boots from the diver down tour when ed and al would jam on that an other musical ideas.

  4. #4
    Top Of The World dr.bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.02.04
    Posts
    146
    Last Online

    01.23.14 @ 07:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    van halen should bring back david lee roth into the band and write an album together.....i would like that very much!

    Brian

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arackofwhat
    Girl Gone Bad is amazing!watch the boots from the diver down tour when ed and al would jam on that an other musical ideas.
    On US Fest for example, I know it but that's not the side of Van Halen I care most about. I don't tell that GGB is worse or say Seventh Seal is better...Or whatever, that's just my opinion. But next thing I will be told to go back to classes and learn more about classic rock

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VANHALEN2004TOUR
    You have to be kidding?
    Not the song lol
    I had in mind Eddie writing music like Girl Gone Bad nowadays.

  7. #7
    Eruption lal5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    miami,fla
    Posts
    1,452
    Favorite VH Album

    dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

    ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

    06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    any music coming from 5150 land would be nice right about now...........i'll even take feed back.................

  8. #8
    The Dude Dan Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.16.00
    Age
    32
    Location
    Corvallis, OR, USA
    Posts
    9,345
    Last Online

    09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Yeah, Ed always says he's a musician and not a "rock star," so where is the music? Now it seems like the only time Ed comes out of his cave is when he has a new greatest hits album to sell and money to make from a tour. If it wasn't for Sammy's call, he probably would have never left 5150 and he'd be bragging about his 100 albums of music.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

  9. #9
    Hang 'Em High janthraxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.12.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Emerald Triangle
    Posts
    6,614
    Favorite VH Album

    CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

    11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    Man, I'm more than sure he didn't have 7th Seal, Take Me Back or Feeling untill late 80-ies
    Listen to "No More Waiting." I believe it's a pre-VH I original club song. The intro? Take Me Back!
    Last edited by janthraxx; 05.21.05 at 12:43 PM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

    "You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

    -Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

    "You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

    -the late, great, Bill Hicks

  10. #10
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    01.03.02
    Posts
    2,395
    Last Online

    12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    Could care less about Girl Gone Bad

    So what is it that you like about Van Halen? I liked the reckless abandon the new songs severely lack.
    I never thought I'd be a Van Halen fan for the drama. It is very unfortunate when the rumors are better than the music. I may as well be a Britney Spears fan. At least she has better tits.
    (I'm goin' to hell for that.)

  11. #11
    Good Enough extreme red roth's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.01.03
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,878
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

    06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I guess what I'm afraid to say is - is it possible Ed is out of ideas?

    I mean let's speak frankly about Van Halen III, Mishar. I respect a lot of the guitar playing, and love the shit out of Once...but does any of it have the geddyup, kick you in the balls of Girl Gone Bad or Seventh Seal? Ok, maybe they have the balls, but with a couple of minor exceptions, there are no songs on III....no hooks...even DLR fronted Van Halen had hooks...

    This is what Van Halen has lacked for nearly 10 years...I haven't "loved" a song since Humans Being.

    I don't know...maybe more cowbell is the answer.
    Last edited by extreme red roth; 05.21.05 at 05:54 PM.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

  12. #12
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.16.05
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    120
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Top Jimmy
    Last Online

    06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen
    Yeah, Ed always says he's a musician and not a "rock star," so where is the music? Now it seems like the only time Ed comes out of his cave is when he has a new greatest hits album to sell and money to make from a tour. If it wasn't for Sammy's call, he probably would have never left 5150 and he'd be bragging about his 100 albums of music.
    This guy talks to almost nobody, so i don't buy this he's bragging about 100 albums of music. The guy is a musician!!! That's all ke knows. He writes music but what's he supposed to do if singer/songwriting partner ain't around? As much as Eddie drove me crazy last tour, we make it that he can't win. If he doesn't say anything we piss on him for no communication with the fans. When he speaks we piss on him for what he says. If if it were just for the money like you say he would have emptied the vault years ago or call Dave and do the first of many "Final Tours". That would be the money making move. For all the bad things that Eddie is (and he like all humans has his issues) I don't think we should claim that he's only in it for the money.
    Last edited by bedrockboy; 05.21.05 at 06:12 PM.

  13. #13
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,837
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Likes
    97
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    I guess what I'm afraid to say is - is it possible Ed is out of ideas?

    I mean let's speak frankly about Van Halen III, Mishar. I respect a lot of the guitar playing, and love the shit out of Once...but does any of it have the geddyup, kick you in the balls of Girl Gone Bad or Seventh Seal? Ok, maybe they have the balls, but with a couple of minor exceptions, there are no songs on III....no hooks...even DLR fronted Van Halen had hooks...

    This is what Van Halen has lacked for nearly 10 years...I haven't "loved" a song since Humans Being.

    I don't know...maybe more cowbell is the answer.
    Dirty Water Dog is an awesome rocking song.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  14. #14
    Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.26.02
    Age
    37
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,444
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Likes
    228
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    I guess what I'm afraid to say is - is it possible Ed is out of ideas?

    I mean let's speak frankly about Van Halen III, Mishar. I respect a lot of the guitar playing, and love the shit out of Once...but does any of it have the geddyup, kick you in the balls of Girl Gone Bad or Seventh Seal? Ok, maybe they have the balls, but with a couple of minor exceptions, there are no songs on III....no hooks...even DLR fronted Van Halen had hooks...

    This is what Van Halen has lacked for nearly 10 years...I haven't "loved" a song since Humans Being.

    I don't know...maybe more cowbell is the answer.
    I think Fire In The Hole had that kick you in the balls approach, and I'm The One has a pretty decent hook if ya ask me.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

    "The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

    Sucka'sFacebook

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk Bob_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.01
    Posts
    7,207
    Last Online

    12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    Ed tries too hard to be the brooding musician type....he wants us to believe he isn't a rock star, but a studio rat happy just to be playing.

    Guess what? After many quotes and such, I don't buy it. 5 albums, 10 albums, 30 albums? It's all bullshit, man. I'm sure Ed has some decent tape of some riffs, but all these unreleased songs?

    Ed's a genius, no doubt...but he says this shit to keep the whole "legend" thing going. I really believe this. Ed was prolific at one time...he was at his best right around the first album. I mean I have a boot from 80 where he is playing Girl Gone Bad...and a boot from early 76 where he is playing DOA. Right Now can be heard in the wildlife soundtrack, etc. He has ideas. 10 albums worth of songs? That's just Ed talking.

    So, Ed if you're reading this, (yea, right) stop lying, dude. Just say you have some ideas, but you need to work them out with a singer and lyrics man, and move on.
    I agree with you man. It is all bullshit.

    EVH is a great guitar player but he is a follower and not a leader. As evidenced but Van Halen's activity the last 9-10 years.

    I remember Hagar saying after he joined the band:

    (parapharasing)

    They were lost without Roth. They were all standing around like "What do we do now?".

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Long working hours linked to high blood pressure
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08.31.06, 06:24 AM
  2. Smart People Choke Under Pressure
    By Viking in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.09.05, 10:12 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03.23.05, 11:26 AM
  4. Michael Jackson puts hex on Speilberg...
    By SactoFan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03.12.03, 08:26 AM
  5. Maybe this puts the whole Dave thing in perspective
    By Rikk in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.29.02, 01:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •