Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.29.12 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dave, Mike, Gary? It's over man. Time for VH to get a new singer.

Anything VH does with old singers will be short lived at best. As much as I'd like to see a Roth tour or a new album with any singer. Anything that happens won't last long. People talk about egos. That is a BIG part of it. But I think an even bigger part is you have people who hate each other. Try thinking of some guy at work who messed you over or is just a jerk. Would you work with that guy if you didn't have to. Sometimes things can be patched up. But if everyone in the band isn't willing to comprimise, think differently and let all the little things go. The whole thing is doomed for disaster. At least with a new singer there might be a new chemistry that might last for awhile. The really good stuff won't comeout until the second album. Even if they have to release it over the net. It would be better to have a working band than a circus.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'd love to see that, like the rest of 10 or 15 thousands such as myself. No way it would sell in general public. Plus, who would be that singer num. 4? As much as I find VH/Seb Bach combo interesting, the stage would drown in ego even more than with Roth. Who else? I really don't know.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I'd love to see that, like the rest of 10 or 15 thousands such as myself. No way it would sell in general public. Plus, who would be that singer num. 4? As much as I find VH/Seb Bach combo interesting, the stage would drown in ego even more than with Roth. Who else? I really don't know.
    David Coverdale. I even wrote to him, and asked him if he wanted to work with Eddie and he said he would love too. He would like to do a Coverdale/Van Halen album though, like he did with Jimmy Page.

I would rather have Sammy record a new album with VH than anyone, but it seems like he doesn't care about Van Halen anymore.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Feelin'
    Last Online

11.06.07 @ 07:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who I've always thought would fit nicely in VH since i first heard him is Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria....can write, perform, sing like a mofo and is just an overall good guy. Just my two cents though
    Last edited by VanHagar5150; 05.19.05 at 02:58 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

AtomicPunk,MeanSreet,In&Out
    Last Online

02.03.09 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    Jeff Scott Soto would do an awesome job. He sang for Yngwie Malmsteen on his early records has done numerous other projects. He also did some of the vocals for the Rock Star movie soundtrack and is currently working with Journey Guitarist Neil Schon in Soul SirkUS, awesome band awesome cd called World Play. If you haven't heard it check it out great heavy rock n roll. I'm sure you guys recall that Sammy and Mike were going to be a part of this and call it Planet US, but they changed their minds when the VH reunion materialized. Anyway Jeff Scott Soto is an amazing heavy rock singer, the boy has got pipes thats for sure. Theres one song on the Soul Sirkus cd called "Peephole" were they kept the actual lyrics written by Sammy, thing i like is Jeff does a fairly good Sammy in parts of the song, the intensity in certain pitches he its are right out of the Sammy vocal style. Another song called "Coming Home" he even sings in a very Steve Perryesque style, the song totally has a journey vibe going on most notably in the vocal part. The guy seems to be a chameleon vocalist, Neil Schon also said this in an interview i read somewhere online. I honestly think this guy could sing both the Hagar and Roth eras equally with no problem, he has a good mix of attitude, edge, agressiveness, power, smoothness and is highly melodic. I really think they should consider this guy if they decide to look for another vocalist. personally i think if they can't get it together with Roth or Hagar they need someone with more versatility than either of those to be able to cover all their bases. I can't see them reuniting with roth other than maybe one record and tour, then it's time to move on with sam or this guy i'm talking about, or someone else who fits this criteria....Sebastian Bach.....I Don't know....Good singer...i never really cared for his image or attitude, vocally he could probably pull it off, but i'd like to see them go with an unknown or someone less known like Jeff Scott Soto, so they can avoid being branded a Super band......Just my thoughts...for what it's worth.....
    Peace,

G

Last Online

08.16.12 @ 09:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default My thoughts

I still think that, at this juncture late in his career, it would be a smart move for Eddie and Alex just to break free and do the Santana thing. Start doing albums where you invite a ton of guest singers in to do some lightning-in-a-bottle type of collaborations.

You don't have to tour as much and you could crank out some music while, at the same time, getting re-energized by working with a stellar group of singers and lyracists that I am certain would line up around the corner to work with the brothers. It would work....I know it would.
    Last edited by NashDawg; 05.19.05 at 03:06 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Guitman777
    Jeff Scott Soto would do an awesome job. He sang for Yngwie Malmsteen on his early records has done numerous other projects. He also did some of the vocals for the Rock Star movie soundtrack and is currently working with Journey Guitarist Neil Schon in Soul SirkUS, awesome band awesome cd called World Play. If you haven't heard it check it out great heavy rock n roll. I'm sure you guys recall that Sammy and Mike were going to be a part of this and call it Planet US, but they changed their minds when the VH reunion materialized. Anyway Jeff Scott Soto is an amazing heavy rock singer, the boy has got pipes thats for sure. Theres one song on the Soul Sirkus cd called "Peephole" were they kept the actual lyrics written by Sammy, thing i like is Jeff does a fairly good Sammy in parts of the song, the intensity in certain pitches he its are right out of the Sammy vocal style. Another song called "Coming Home" he even sings in a very Steve Perryesque style, the song totally has a journey vibe going on most notably in the vocal part. The guy seems to be a chameleon vocalist, Neil Schon also said this in an interview i read somewhere online. I honestly think this guy could sing both the Hagar and Roth eras equally with no problem, he has a good mix of attitude, edge, agressiveness, power, smoothness and is highly melodic. I really think they should consider this guy if they decide to look for another vocalist. personally i think if they can't get it together with Roth or Hagar they need someone with more versatility than either of those to be able to cover all their bases. I can't see them reuniting with roth other than maybe one record and tour, then it's time to move on with sam or this guy i'm talking about, or someone else who fits this criteria....Sebastian Bach.....I Don't know....Good singer...i never really cared for his image or attitude, vocally he could probably pull it off, but i'd like to see them go with an unknown or someone less known like Jeff Scott Soto, so they can avoid being branded a Super band......Just my thoughts...for what it's worth.....
    JSS is great but honestly I prefer him now with Soul Sirkus, the band has a huge potential and writes great music on their own. But he could fit for VH for sure.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also like Coheed and Cambria, to me they are like a modern rock version of Rush and Queensryche, their records are very conceptual. their name "Coheed and Cambria" are actually the names of the two main characters they write about on their records. Their coming from the George lucas Star Wars school of story telling in that their first two records are related, sequels of sorts but out of order from the actual story itself. Other than that i don't really understand the concepts though, i really haven't bothered trying to understand it, even though i own both of their records "Second stage Turbine Blade" and "In Keeping secrets Of Silent Earth:3" and i've got their live DVD which is pretty good for a young band. having said all this however, i totally cannot hear Claudio Sanchez singing for VH, his voice is way to high pitched i think to sing Hagar and Roth songs, he could probably do good on something original as most good singer could providing they don't try to sound like classic VH, for that they need someone else....As i have already mentioned....Jeff Scott Soto......
    Peace,

G

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Soul SirkUS isn't really a side project they are an actual band however, Neil is back with Journey for the time being, they are about to release a new record and go on tour. Neil Schon has alot of irons in the fire, JSS should deversify as well....right into VH would be awesome while he's not working with Soul SirkUS. Will probably never happen though, he's too good, and it would be too smart a move on the part of VH. Not that i think he's too good for VH....he could fit VH like a Glove....
    Peace,

G

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I would much rather see Sam do a new album with the boys, but I doubt that will happen, but I don't understand not bringing Gary back and give it another go.....3 was not as bad as most people want to believe...there were some real gems on there, and with a second album...damn, we could be onto something there!! But we all need to realize...VH will never rule the charts or even the arena tours again....the era of the rock star, and good music for that matter seems to be over. Now, it is all about mtv, american idol, and bubble gum bs that I think most of us here can't stand!!! I can't say I am completely against a fourth lead singer, but really who?? I can't come up with anyone,,but if they did it, and they WERE succesful, wow, what a story...it would absolutely define/cement the musical genius of this band

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Happy Trails"
    Last Online

11.17.06 @ 05:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VH get a new, fourth singer?? Great idea! That would be the perfect way to bury VH once and for all. They can call the album Van Halen IV and wish it would sell as well as...Van Halen III.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If van halen were to get a new singer, they best not put the name "Van Halen" on the album. That would be just plain old stupid. If they go out and recruit some one else to sing, they should show themselves and the vh fans some respect and call it something else.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ACK
    VH get a new, fourth singer?? Great idea! That would be the perfect way to bury VH once and for all. They can call the album Van Halen IV and wish it would sell as well as...Van Halen III.

I personally don't give a damn how well ANY album, song, chord, or note from VH sells, I just want to hear more music from the greatest musician ever.....EVH!!!! And since when does sales or popularity have to do with whether or not an album or music is good or not.....by that definition, hell Britanny Spears must be a musical genius....or don't forget your boy Vanilla Ice.....what'd he sell???? 8mil back in the day.......there ya go...ice ice baby!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes To Shove
    Last Online

05.05.17 @ 02:36 AM
    Liked 43 Times in 7 Posts

Just get Bo Bice and be done with it.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150
    If van halen were to get a new singer, they best not put the name "Van Halen" on the album. That would be just plain old stupid. If they go out and recruit some one else to sing, they should show themselves and the vh fans some respect and call it something else.
    Some think same way about Van Hagar catalogue. I actually see no point of renaming the band just because of one singer, especially when it went through 3 changes with the same title.