Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I WANT GARY BACK IN THE BAND!!!

Hey all,

I was driving home from the office tonight and threw VH3 in the cd player, haven't listened to it in atleast a couple of months. And you know what? The first 4 songs on that cd (what I listened to before arroving at the house) fucking smoke!!! They are so much better than the 3 tunes that they came up with for the 2nd of many best ofs with Sammy. So I got to thinking, why the hell was I so excited to see the reunion tour in 2004? Was I really excited to see Sammy in the band? Or was I just excited to see the band? I'm beginning to think it was the later. When I think about it I'd rather hear VH songs in the future with lines like "The assurance only hope can bring, with the conviction of the unseen" than "she put cream in my coffee and butter on my biscuits". Combine that with the fact that the VH3 tour put the reunion tour to fucking shame and I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie give Gary a call to start working on some tunes. Eddie was smoking on One I Want (one of the better solos I've heard from him) and you could almost feel the emotion in his playing. The boy felt he had something to prove and you could hear it. Gary hits notes that Sam & Dave couldn't hit in their dreams and with such power. The band seemed hungry on that cd and tour, unlike the last time around with Sam where they seemed fat and lazy and couldn't get along long enough to get more than 3 tunes done or to put together a proper tour.

Is it just me?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

VH3 is one of my all-time favorites. Out of the entire CD, only one throwaway track: How Many Say I. Even so, I still sing along to it in a husky smoker's voice.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 367 Times in 134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    Hey all,

I was driving home from the office tonight and threw VH3 in the cd player, haven't listened to it in atleast a couple of months. And you know what? The first 4 songs on that cd (what I listened to before arroving at the house) fucking smoke!!! They are so much better than the 3 tunes that they came up with for the 2nd of many best ofs with Sammy. So I got to thinking, why the hell was I so excited to see the reunion tour in 2004? Was I really excited to see Sammy in the band? Or was I just excited to see the band? I'm beginning to think it was the later. When I think about it I'd rather hear VH songs in the future with lines like "The assurance only hope can bring, with the conviction of the unseen" than "she put cream in my coffee and butter on my biscuits". Combine that with the fact that the VH3 tour put the reunion tour to fucking shame and I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie give Gary a call to start working on some tunes. Eddie was smoking on One I Want (one of the better solos I've heard from him) and you could almost feel the emotion in his playing. The boy felt he had something to prove and you could hear it. Gary hits notes that Sam & Dave couldn't hit in their dreams and with such power. The band seemed hungry on that cd and tour, unlike the last time around with Sam where they seemed fat and lazy and couldn't get along long enough to get more than 3 tunes done or to put together a proper tour.

Is it just me?

Crickets Chirping...

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    They are so much better than the 3 tunes that they came up with for the 2nd of many best ofs with Sammy.
    Many=more than 2.

Is it just me?
    No. *waits for Mishar*
    Last edited by janthraxx; 05.18.05 at 06:32 PM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.13 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your argument sounded reasonable until you said the thing about Gary hitting notes that Sammy can only dream about. Dave, sure. Sammy, no way. Sammy has such a great range and sings all the way up with such power. It gives me chills. Gary's voice sounded kind of weak on most of that album if you ask me. It sounded almost like a bad Sammy impersonation. Sam and Dave have different styles. I don't compare them. Maybe people will disagree with me bit I think Sammy has Gary beat easy.

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The 1998 tour was MUCH better than the 2004 tour.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I think there's a better chance of Dave returning than Gary. Why? $$$
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen
    Precisely. Despite the fact that the III tour was great, despite them playing all the old Dave stuff in concert, despite how much some people--although not really me--love III, no matter how well the boys seemed to get along, there won't be a III reunion. There's just no money in it. Promoters and record companies aren't going to be lined up with open wallets.

Although I didn't care much for III the album, I can understand the original post. With III at least VH was trying something new, trying to grow, and they really did seem to care a lot about the album. The three new Sammy tunes were just a little stale. Felt like tracks that didn't make the cut for OU812 or FUCK. Not very inspiring.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen
    Let me be clear on this. I didn't say that I thought it was going to happen, I said that I wanted it to happen. 2 entirely different concepts

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

I dont want gary back...
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

I wonder if Eddie even remembers Gary.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:11 PM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

Leave it to our budding newb Bedrock for aiming high. Wishing for the return of Gary, rather than the more popular and undeniably more appropriate return of Dave, is kind of like going to your local cathouse and turning down a threesome with a trio of smoking hot redheaded vixens for a handjob from the toothless granny chambermaid who mops up the spooge booths.

While we're wishing and shitting, which is always great, I want world peace, a gold-plated Bentley, and the full pro-shot Oakland '81 video hand-delivered to me by Edward, who will play an acoustic version of Dirty Movies for me in my living room as he apologizes for both 1996 and 1998.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Gary and Ed were a great team and Ed smoked on the record and tour! I can honestly say that tour was one of my all time favorites in the sense that they blended the old ( way old) with the new. I mean to go from One I Want to Mean Street? Fucking killer! Or from When It's love to Feel Your Love Tonight? If Sam would just drop the ego and do a tour like Gary the world would be right! But yes, How Many Say I was indeed a turd.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Leave it to our budding newb Bedrock for aiming high. Wishing for the return of Gary, rather than the more popular and undeniably more appropriate return of Dave, is kind of like going to your local cathouse and turning down a threesome with a trio of smoking hot redheaded vixens for a handjob from the toothless granny chambermaid
    Dude, unless you're strictly speaking metaphorically, I think DAVE is the toothless (or hairless) granny

And besides, why wish for Dave? They've got the guy best suited for the job in the band RIGHT NOW. I don't want a bunch of covers and shooby-doo-wop-boppin' on my new VH record
    Last edited by janthraxx; 05.18.05 at 07:11 PM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Leave it to our budding newb Bedrock for aiming high. Wishing for the return of Gary, rather than the more popular and undeniably more appropriate return of Dave, is kind of like going to your local cathouse and turning down a threesome with a trio of smoking hot redheaded vixens for a handjob from the toothless granny chambermaid who mops up the spooge booths.

While we're wishing and shitting, which is always great, I want world peace, a gold-plated Bentley, and the full pro-shot Oakland '81 video hand-delivered to me by Edward, who will play an acoustic version of Dirty Movies for me in my living room as he apologizes for both 1996 and 1998.
    ...LOL....you fucking rock bro!!!