Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default for those with divorced parents....

- i know, voivod with a fucking serious post? what's next? hell freezes over? -

for those with divorced parents....
    How old were you, what year did it happen and memories on how you found out?

me:
    year:1974/75-ish
    burned memory:
    my Dad sitting me down in the living room of the only house I knew and explaining to me (in tears) how he was moving out all while removing certain pictures to take with him from our photo albums... the broken home-life ensued and the house was sold a month later...
    Last edited by voivod; 05.18.05 at 05:29 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Ummmmm? Nice topic.Don't we all have divorced parents? How does this relate to Halen? Oh, Wolfie's burning memory is his fat ass mom leaving a living legend to go out and act in some shit ass sitcom!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150
    Ummmmm? Nice topic.Don't we all have divorced parents? How does this relate to Halen? Oh, Wolfie's burning memory is his fat ass mom leaving a living legend to go out and act in some shit ass sitcom!

For someone who has only made six posts in almost three years...You would think that you would make them count. At least think of something good to say next time. By the way, my parents aren't divorced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor
    For someone who has only made six posts in almost three years...You would think that you would make them count. At least think of something good to say next time. By the way, my parents aren't divorced.
    probably just a loser with a second nickname to hide behind and posts more with his other nick...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Ummmmm? Nice post! No, we don't all have divorced parents. My parents were married for 26 years before my mother died of cancer. Care to take a stab at that one or are you just interested in taking pop shots at people's posts who have parents who are divorced. Obviously from the lack of posts you've made, you may not be aware of something, so let me fill you in. This website doesn't solely revolve around all things Van Halen (hence the title of the forum...Non-Van Halen Forums>VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music). We actually have real discussions about real life too. WE ARE A FAMILY and welcome those who are interested in being a real part of it too. If you're not, well, we have a saying in Texas that goes like this: "Highway 6 runs both ways."
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was like 1 or 2, in 1986 or 1987. I have no recollection of it.

And it might happen again; I am 20 in 2005.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    - i know, voivod with a fucking serious post? what's next? hell freezes over? -

for those with divorced parents....
    How old were you, what year did it happen and memories on how you found out?

me:
    year:1974/75-ish
    burned memory:
    my Dad sitting me down in the living room of the only house I knew and explaining to me (in tears) how he was moving out all while removing certain pictures to take with him from our photo albums... the broken home-life ensued and the house was sold a month later...
    Same as you bro, I was 5, it was 1975 and I left the house with my mom for a few months then decided to go back home with my dad and I remained there till I was 22, I really don't remember too much more, I was hitting the bottle pretty heavy back then!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:02 PM
    Liked 1,347 Times in 924 Posts

I believe I was 3 - I think it was '67 - don't remember hardly anything. My dad was just some guy I visited on weekends, didn't think nothing of it. I mean, I knew other kids had parents that lived together, but it never bothered me that mine didn't. My (older) sister on the other hand, even in to her teens was always about "I wish mom and dad would get back together", even though our dad had remarried by that time! I just always felt uncomfortable whenever they were in the same place at the same time.
    When they divorced, I lived with my mom and my sister stayed with our dad. I didn't think nothing of it - thought that was the way it was done - the mom gets a male helper and the father gets someone to wash and cook and stuff (okay, so I was a bit of a sexist back then). Anyway, all through life people always were asking me "How come you both didn't live with your mom?" And my answer was always something like "that's just the way they did things back then". So one time, probably in my twenties, I shared those feelings with my mom and asked her "why did my sister stay with our father?" and my mom said "because her and I didn't get along". This was funny to me because I always found my sister to be a major pain in the ass and a thorn in my side and my mom did have a lot of run-ins with her when she came to live with us in her teens, but man, she was only like 5 or 6 years old when they got divorced, so I pointed that out to my mom and she said she didn't get along with her from when she'd first had her home from the hospital after a couple of days!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I was born in '69. Parents divorced the next year. They were just too young. Both like 18. My dad was in the Marines, and mom back home in TX. The last time I had contact was when I was 3 weeks old.

Long story short, I found him in 1997. Got to talk to him twice on the phone. Three days before I was to meet him and my half-sister in person, he died.

It was cool to meet my sister, and it brought some closure, but I found out he was adopted. His mom told him NOTHING of his dad. So I still don't know much of my family history.

On another note, I am a victim of my mother's 4 divorces. My mom's third husband raised me for 19 years of my life. He is the one I call dad.

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:46 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

my father did not want childern , so when he thought my mom had a miscarage, he went out to celebrate.

so when they divorced i never knew because i was 5.

my mom just packed up and left the house and we moved out of state. i just remeber my father standing in the driveway demanding that she not leave

he truly did not care about because ...

as i grew up i saw him 1 time a year till i was 15, then 1 time when i was 18. 5 years later i saw him when he visited my adopted brother. he did not even know who i was, i had to introduce myself. all he could say was oh, your james, i guess you want to go out to lunch now with your brother and i.

ahhhhh such sweet memories...time for a drink
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

First, I could give a fuck about who's parents are divorced. Mine are, and I don't give a fuck about that either. No, I'm not bitter, I think it worked out for the best as I have been blessed with two wonderful step-parents.

As to the amount of posts I've made, again who gives a fuck? In fact when I was referenced as a loser, I would think that I would rather have six posts
    ( I have a life one thats real and when I say "family" I don't mean people in chat rooms) than 5000. I'm the loser?

Say something nice? People get flamed on here all the time for stupid-ass topics. What's new? Blah...Blah...wah

And finally for the forum, I perfectly understand that there are non-Van Halen topics and I've always found that ridiculous. I come to the forum to read updates/info on the band and it's members. What happens? I start at the home page and see that some jerk-off has a post about divorce? What the fuck? What's next " What's your favorite color?"

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being / SGMAD
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First, I could give a fuck about who's parents are divorced. Mine are, and I don't give a fuck about that either. No, I'm not bitter, I think it worked out for the best as I have been blessed with two wonderful step-parents.

As to the amount of posts I've made, again who gives a fuck? In fact when I was referenced as a loser, I would think that I would rather have six posts
    ( I have a life one thats real and when I say "family" I don't mean people in chat rooms) than 5000. I'm the loser?

Say something nice? People get flamed on here all the time for stupid-ass topics. What's new? Blah...Blah...wah

And finally for the forum, I perfectly understand that there are non-Van Halen topics and I've always found that ridiculous. I come to the forum to read updates/info on the band and it's members. What happens? I start at the home page and see that some jerk-off has a post about divorce? What the fuck? What's next " What's your favorite color?"

for future reference.....the non-van halen forum has nothing to do with van halen.....why is it dumb??? dont click on it if you think its dumb......if you want your updates on the band check out the main forum.....
    Van Halen Is: Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone

They will be back.....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

My favoright color is red
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album