Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Default Trump: Freedom Tower Sucks, Rebuild WTC

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/46663.htm

May 17, 2005 -- ALBANY — Donald Trump, escalating his war against the "empty skeleton" Freedom Tower, will offer his own design for a rebuilt 111-story "World Trade Center" at Ground Zero at a press conference tomorrow.

"We have a beautiful model that has been built, a very big model," Trump told The Post yesterday.

"We took the original World Trade Center design, brought it into the modern age, made it more beautiful than ever before, made it one story taller, made it higher lined, and took out the architectural weaknesses that were there.

"We also strengthened the building internally so that what happened on 9/11 could never happen again," Trump added.

Trump, who made international news earlier this month when he told The Post that Gov. Pataki should scrap the Freedom Tower plan in favor of rebuilding the WTC towers one story taller, said he expected the public to rally behind his proposal.

"I hope the reaction from the public will cause the political establishment to do what everyone wants to be done, rebuild the World Trade Center, taller and stronger," he said.

Trump said his new WTC will be more aesthetically interesting than the old one.

"Some people thought it was too monolithic. We've put on a higher lined curtain wall, which will make the exterior much more vivid and beautiful," Trump said.

Pataki said last week that he plans to unveil the new Freedom Tower design next month, after it has been modified to meet NYPD security concerns.

Ground Zero developer Larry Silverstein, who is having Freedom Tower architect David Childs revamp his original design, could not be reached for comment.

In an interview with The Post earlier this month, Trump ripped Ground Zero master planner Daniel Libeskind.

"The design for the Freedom Tower is an egghead design, designed by an egghead, which has no practical application and which, frankly, didn't look very good," Trump said at the time.

"I've gotten great reviews on my buildings. I'm somebody who believes strongly in great architecture, and this [the Freedom Tower] was a design that is just not a good design," he added.

Trump, meanwhile, said he had become all the more convinced of the need to rebuild the WTC during a recent flight to New York.

"I was flying over the Statue of Liberty, and I said to myself, 'You know, if that ever came down, they wouldn't replace it with something that didn't look like the Statue of Liberty.'

"To replace the World Trade Center with a skeleton of all things is the worst thing in the world, it's replacing it with an inferior product."

Trump said he had a "huge" reaction to his initial proposal to dump the Freedom Tower, receiving over 1,000 letters in support of rebuilding the WTC.

He said he expected an even greater public response when he unveils the new model.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Donald Trump just went up a notch in my book. Is there anyone who actually likes that half-assed, ugly "Freedom Tower" bullshit that is supposed to replace the World Trade Center? If you're going to replace a symbol of American wealth and power that was destroyed by terrorists as a deliberate strike against that wealth and power, you don't replace it with something that isn't as impressive as what was destroyed.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. Building the freedom tower is like saying "Well, I guess we'll put something else there." but rebuilding the WTC is like saying "Fuck you! Try taking em down now shithead."

I never thought I'd say it but; Go Trump!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Guess i'm in the minority, i liked the proposed model of the freedom towers.

And the Donald is an attention whore.
    Dealing with it.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:34 PM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yes, he is, but in this case he's right.

Build it as a big ass middle finger aimed right at the middle east. A hearty fuck you to all!

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by IED

Build it as a big ass middle finger aimed right at the middle east. A hearty fuck you to all!
    Beat me to it. I was going to tell rchop "to each their own" and that I would only be satisfied if they built a building with your description pointing due east.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by IED

Don't get me wrong, i am all about building it bigger and telling anyone to shove it up there ass if they don't like it. Cause you know there's going to be complaints (mostly from the Michael Moore types) that are going to say this is an illustration of American arrogance.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I kinda liked Kieth Olbermann's idea. It basically falls in line with Trump, except for one major/minor detail...

Go about half way down to "Rebuild Them" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240
    The best way - the only way - to further soothe the pain is, as the proponents including Donald Trump are suggesting, to rebuild it as it was. Which brings me to my caveat.

I'd use the original blueprints and design the “new” Trade Center exactly as it had been. But I'd insist that one of the towers be exactly 229 feet, four inches shorter than the other. It's an uncomplicated gimmick to guarantee remembrance. Because, as long as these new towers would stand, someone unaware would ask, “why is one of them shorter than the other?” Whereupon an old-timer could explain, solemnly, that the difference between the heights of the towers is intentional - it's exactly 2,752 inches.

One inch for each of the victims.

It's all the memorial we really need
    'Nuff said.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I can't stand the Trump. That guy is far to full of himself. But, he's so right with this one. This is exactly what should have been planned from the beginning, They must rebuild the original, just taller and stronger. I'll be so disappointed if this doesn't happen. I just don't want to see a huge "TRUMP" on the side of the buildings.

I live in Seattle, and won't have to look at whatever design they go with anyway, but it's the principal of the thing.

Good Enough
    Last Online

That's the first good idea Keith Olberman's ever had.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I'd use the original blueprints and design the “new” Trade Center exactly as it had been. But I'd insist that one of the towers be exactly 229 feet, four inches shorter than the other. It's an uncomplicated gimmick to guarantee remembrance. Because, as long as these new towers would stand, someone unaware would ask, “why is one of them shorter than the other?” Whereupon an old-timer could explain, solemnly, that the difference between the heights of the towers is intentional - it's exactly 2,752 inches.

One inch for each of the victims.

It's all the memorial we really need.
    First time i've heard that idea. I like it.

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I completely agree. Hopefully everyone will rally around Trump's new idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    I agree. Building the freedom tower is like saying "Well, I guess we'll put something else there." but rebuilding the WTC is like saying "Fuck you! Try taking em down now shithead."

I never thought I'd say it but; Go Trump!!
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I like the idea, too.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

11.16.17 @ 07:10 PM
    Liked 44 Times in 12 Posts

Donor

Great idea. Agreed!

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Isn't this the latest Freedom Tower design?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!