Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 11:41 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 41 Posts

Default Trinidad hints at retiring.....AGAIN

I could really care less if he does or not. I'm not really a fan of this guy, and there's no way he would have beaten Hopkins had he won this last fight.

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Felix Trinidad Jr. all but announced his retirement from boxing on Sunday, the second time the former champion has called it quits if he follows through.

After his father, Felix Trinidad Sr., went into detail about how he did not feel up to par training in the corner with his son, the younger Trinidad said he did not want to continue fighting without his mentor.

"If you don't, I don't continue boxing," Trinidad Jr. declared before tearfully embracing his father in front of the press upon his return to Puerto Rico.

"I feel that I am not at 100 percent, I'm not able to give the way that I used to," Trinidad Sr. said. " Based on that, I feel as though I do not want to continue."

Saturday, Winky Wright kept his promise on a forecasted victory against Trinidad in the middleweight division, earning a unanimous decision.

Trinidad (42-2), who had come out of a 29-month retirement last October to knock out Ricardo Mayorga in impressive fashion, accepted Wright's challenge when he could not land a rematch with Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins had knocked Trinidad out in a 2001 unification fight.

There is a rematch clause in the contract with Wright but after such a one-sided fight, it's hard to see it as economically viable, especially after Trinidad earned $10 million and Wright $4 million.

Wright, however, seemed open to it Saturday night.

"I would love a rematch," Wright said. "I think he will be better prepared next time and I don't think he will underestimate me."
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 07:22 AM
    Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts

I don't really care if he retires either, he is a good fighter, but I am not a fan of him. I thought De La Hoya beat him in their fight a few years ago.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 10:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I know is if I lost to a guy named Winky, it might be time to ride off into the sunset too. With all due respect to Winky Wright of course, who I'm sure could kick my ass.
    Last edited by JWS_5150; 05.30.05 at 08:13 PM.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.