Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Default The thing that kills me about Mike and Sam...

It kills me how Sam and especially Mike always talk about how they " haven't heard from the brothers in months". Doesn't the phone ring both ways? If these two want to play so bad ( read current mini-tour) and while they are doing it, talk shit about" Ed having problems and not calling us"? What the hell? Call ED! Is Mikey banned from the 5150 phone line? What about Sam stopping in and seeing what's up? I love all the guys but these two playing the victim is starting to get old and is pissing me off. Do your Jimmy Buffett deal, but shut the fuck up and get to 5150 where you need to be and apparently ED wants you, if you believe the recent interview from the 2 Dorks and ED. I do! If these guys wanted Van Halen to continue don't you think they would be calling Ed and Al daily or stopping in? I sure as fuck would!

Stop whining and call Ed! Why should he have to round these two up? Do you really think ED would reject them and there new musical ideas and desire to be Van Halen? Forget ED, do you think Al would let it get away?

Mike and Sam can rub dicks all they want, just as long as they start doing it in 5150!
    Last edited by smme5150; 05.15.05 at 07:24 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You just gotta love a circle jerk.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the most part I agree. I don't buy the whole Sam and Mike being the victim. Everyone involved is the victim of their own ridiculously fucked up ego. Apparently, good rock and roll still sells....I was unaware.

Ed shouldn't have to round anyone up. Artists should feel proveleged to play with one of the most influencial electric guitarists of all-time. Those two have absolutly NOTHING on Ed and AL....period....it takes no less than one of Sam's solo shows to prove that. It's pure ego and it's the root of and the demise of their success...all together. Sux for them.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150
    Mike and Sam can rub dicks all they want, just as long as they start doing it in 5150!

Ehhhh....Urrrrrr..Ummmm....well ya know uhhhh

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Doesn't anybody remember when the 2 dorks asked Ed the same thing back in January 04? He said that he hadn't talked to that cat in years. And that was about the time they were recording. Things that make you say hmmmmmmm??!!

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by scs5150
    Doesn't anybody remember when the 2 dorks asked Ed the same thing back in January 04? He said that he hadn't talked to that cat in years. And that was about the time they were recording. Things that make you say hmmmmmmm??!!
    Actually, he said, "I haven't SEEN that cat in like two years", so at that point in time he might not have been lying, just not telling the whole story.
    "I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I really dont care about that Soap Opera anymore, I enjoy the music I have and thats it.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 573 Times in 314 Posts

Donor

It's funny....the one member VH who, over the years, has been proven time and time and time again to contradict himself, (sometimes in the same interview) lie, be a pain in the ass, etc, etc, ad nauseum........finally speaks out and everyone acts like what he told the 2Dorks is the freaking gospel.

Jesus H. Christ....if there is anything that 20+ years of statements from EVH has told us, it's that he hardly ever tells the truth, or if you want to be a bit nicer about it, changes his mind very often.
    There are numerous interviews that prove this out over the years.

So let's not just start crucifying the two guys, particularly Sammy, who actually MADE THE PHONE CALL THAT GOT US A TOUR LAST YEAR, just because EVH went on the radio half-cocked saying that he's waiting on them.
    There's more to the story, there always is.
    We know EVH was drunk for most of the tour last year, and we know that the tour ended badly. We know that he was supposed to get some help with his drinking, and as far as we know, he hasn't.
    As much as I'd like a new VH album, I can't fault Sammy for not wanting to deal with a drunk all day every day. Mike, well....who cares. We all know he'd show up and work if EVH called him and said to, drunk or not.
    As much as DLR wants back in, I doubt he'd even want to work with EVH unless he gets his shit together.
    So let's hope for that, and don't let the one time anyone's heard EVH's voice talking about VH since the tour go to your heads.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    I really dont care about that Soap Opera anymore, I enjoy the music I have and thats it.
    Yeah....true enough. You still can't help but laugh at how condescending these guys can be however. Morons. I'm not seeing another Sam solo show or Dave show until I have a new VH album...and then I'll be seeing a VH concert....new shit of course.

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr. Pacfanweb, I'm with you

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

There are obviously reasons they are not in contact with Ed, such as his behavior on tour. If there was a perfect relationship between the two parties, they probably would have gotten into the studio after the holidays.

Sure, I want a new Van Halen album with Sam, but it's not like they owe us anything. It's easy to tell them to get their asses back in the studio, but if that causes unbearable tension, then it probably isn't worth it to them.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

I've thought about this many times, too.

Unfortunatly, I gave up on it a long time ago.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smme5150
    It kills me how Sam and especially Mike always talk about how they " haven't heard from the brothers in months". Doesn't the phone ring both ways? If these two want to play so bad ( read current mini-tour) and while they are doing it, talk shit about" Ed having problems and not calling us"? What the hell? Call ED! Is Mikey banned from the 5150 phone line? What about Sam stopping in and seeing what's up? I love all the guys but these two playing the victim is starting to get old and is pissing me off. Do your Jimmy Buffett deal, but shut the fuck up and get to 5150 where you need to be and apparently ED wants you, if you believe the recent interview from the 2 Dorks and ED. I do! If these guys wanted Van Halen to continue don't you think they would be calling Ed and Al daily or stopping in? I sure as fuck would!

Stop whining and call Ed! Why should he have to round these two up? Do you really think ED would reject them and there new musical ideas and desire to be Van Halen? Forget ED, do you think Al would let it get away?

Well said!!

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,634 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb
    It's funny....the one member VH who, over the years, has been proven time and time and time again to contradict himself, (sometimes in the same interview) lie, be a pain in the ass, etc, etc, ad nauseum........finally speaks out and everyone acts like what he told the 2Dorks is the freaking gospel.

Jesus H. Christ....if there is anything that 20+ years of statements from EVH has told us, it's that he hardly ever tells the truth, or if you want to be a bit nicer about it, changes his mind very often.
    There are numerous interviews that prove this out over the years.

So let's not just start crucifying the two guys, particularly Sammy, who actually MADE THE PHONE CALL THAT GOT US A TOUR LAST YEAR, just because EVH went on the radio half-cocked saying that he's waiting on them.
    Bingo. Ed's word has been anything but gospel the last two decades.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 05.15.05 at 10:05 PM.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,121 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

I assume the original poster, or everyone who agrees with him, must know for a fact that Sammy and Mike have not made any attempts to contact Ed?

Isn't it possible Ed screens his calls, and/or doesn't call them back? I am sure the vice-versa could be possible, but we don't really know what is going on.

My opinion is about as informed as everyone else's. But I think that Mike and Sam told Al and/or Ed to call them when they (and by they I mean Ed) are able to function, i.e. sober up.

For Mike to say something, Ed's drinking must be beyond bad. When is the last time Mike has said ANYTHING bad? Even this time, it was like 'golly gee, gosh, he should do something i think'. And it can't be Sammy in his ear, cuz it would have happened years ago already if that were it.

I remember getting crucified on this board when I told people Ed was wasted beyond belief at NAMM, so much so that he let many fans down. Even non-fans were there just to support the guy, and he slapped them all in the face too. Let's get real--his drinking is a major, major problem, and right now, he doesn't want to do anything about it. Period. All of us who have stories of Eddie's drinking can't ALL be lying in some big 'we hate Eddie' chain letter campaign.

When is the last time Mike or Sam have been accused of that? Someone just told me a story at work the other day that they went to Cabo in the mid-nineties on their honeymoon, had lunch at the club on a Thursday afternoon. Place was empty except for them and another couple on a honeymoon they met on the cruise ship. Sammy was there, brought over a bottle of tequila, and sat with them for over an hour.

You hear stories like that about Sammy and Mike all the time, and hardly ever about Ed. Plus, I have yet to hear one bad story about Mike or Sammy regarding fan treatment. Yet somehow, with one interview, everything Eddie says is gospel.

You are telling me Eddie and Al have gone through 3 singers, and each and every one of them is the problem?

I'm sure Eddie can be a nice guy, but he needs to clean up his act. And in my forties or fifties, I wouldn't want to have to deal with that at work if I didn't have to. Until Van Halen is more fun or as fun as being solo, Sammy won't do it full time. Neither will Mike.

And who gives a fuck about hard work? Sammy's worked hard for YEARS, why does he constantly have to work hard, even now? All this talk about Eddie songwriting this and that, hard work this and that, and Sammy has had more songs do well at radio in the last 10 years than Eddie by far.

Plus, would it be THAT outrageous if Eddie did an album with someone else singing? You mean to tell me that he is that pissed at Sam, has such a bad relationship with Mike, but he can't get another bassist, or another singer, or another band to make music? Even with a label, he should be able to do that, but they are free from any label restrictions. Could it be possible that he is THAT hard to work with? Could it be possible he doesn't have that many solid ideas to be able to work with someone new? Could it be possible things aren't that bad between the four of them?

No one knows, but we shouldn't be throwing everything out the window due to like 10 minutes of Ed being interviewed.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 05.16.05 at 01:13 AM.