Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

11.10.14 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who Wants To See...?

Y'know, I'd be pretty surprized to hear if any true VH fans DIDN'T want to hear an Unplugged by the Boys... That's why it always pisses me off when the subject comes up with Ed and he replies with that same old bullshit, "those songs were meant to be played the way they were recorded..." I hate that shit!!! But I wonder if Sammy's ever thought of doing an Unplugged- we'd for sure get to hear an acoustic version of SOME VH tunes... Hell, maybe even Dave would do it... Someone call their agents!!!
    "One thing about Ed..., ONE THING about Ed... (heh, heh...), when he has a guitar around his neck, he's not tryin' to bullshit
    anybody." Sammy Hagar, in Charlotte, NC during the Sam & Dave tour, introing into Finish What Ya Started.

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Cabernet
    Y'know, I'd be pretty surprized to hear if any true VH fans DIDN'T want to hear an Unplugged by the Boys... That's why it always pisses me off when the subject comes up with Ed and he replies with that same old bullshit, "those songs were meant to be played the way they were recorded..." I hate that shit!!! But I wonder if Sammy's ever thought of doing an Unplugged- we'd for sure get to hear an acoustic version of SOME VH tunes... Hell, maybe even Dave would do it... Someone call their agents!!!
    Sorry dude, but I think VH music would fall way short if it was played on acoustic guitar. Just think about sitting in a circle around the band with your legs crossed watching them perform Pound Cake. I just cant see that working.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed shred
    Sorry dude, but I think VH music would fall way short if it was played on acoustic guitar. Just think about sitting in a circle around the band with your legs crossed watching them perform Pound Cake. I just cant see that working.

I have to agree also. It wouldn't sound good to me IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I hate unplugged overally, leave alone VH. Human's Being acoustic lol

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Cabernet
    Sammy HAS done an unplugged show. It was around January 9, 2004 out in California. It was a benefit show for some animal rescue foundation. It was the Waboritas, Michael Anthony, Jerry Cantrell, and Mickey Hart. They did, in fact, play at least 2 VH songs that I know of---Right Now and Finish What Ya Started. I agree that only CERTAIN VH songs could getaway with being played acoustic or they'd just lose something in it. Those two songs, sounded great, though IMO. There's an audio link on redrocker.com.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:59 PM
    Liked 18,084 Times in 8,934 Posts

It would work but they would have to pick songs that nobody outside of this forums have heard of.

Dave did an acoustic set while on Stern for the Sam and Dave tour and Panama actually sounded pretty good acoustic. The blues covers sounded much better, but it isn't like Panama came off butchered acoustic. Dave's acoustic version of Mean Street isn't too bad either except for Dave sticking "homey" into the lyrics, WTF? Also watching Dave stick his dick into the camera takes something away from it as well, but the song isn't bad.

If KI$$ and Poison can pull off Unplugged and make it believable that they have some modicum of talent, VH or Sam solo or Dave solo certainly can.
    Last edited by Dave's Dreidel; 05.14.05 at 05:46 AM.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Olive um
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!!
    Last Online

06.14.13 @ 10:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well just for shits & giggles, here are a few that would sound good.... 1 song from each of the first 6.....

Little Dreamer, Women In Love, In A Simple Rhyme, Push Comes To Shove, Secrets, Top Jimmy.

I know these are just what might translate into acoustic, but would love to hear other rockers like Loss of Control or Atomic Punk. Will it ever happen? Not a chance.

Last Online

01.03.08 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Besides... It just wouldn't be possible to play most of Ed's solo stuff on an acoustic
    "You'll get some leg tonight"

Favorite VH Album

'78 -'96 baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs... Enough said
    Last Online

04.08.12 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Besides... It just wouldn't be possible to play most of Ed's solo stuff on an acoustic

i beg to differ... Ever hear Spanish Fly?

they could pull it off, Take your Whisky Home,Women and children first , Ice Cream Man, So this is love, Big Bad Bill, Take ME back (Dejavu) Finish what ya Started, Right now (sam did this acousticaly on several tours) just a few off the top of my head. Throw in a few Zep covers - They could do it, and make it sound cool. However... Id rather see them do a full on Electric set of Tunes like Drop Dead Legs, 5150, Summer Nights, Top Jimmy, Full Bug, Feel your Love tonight, Mean Street, Cabo Wabo etc. How about the What we normally don't play so WCTBL is off the setlist tour?
    Those that say money cannot buy hapiness don't know where to shop.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:22 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

I don't know...I'd like to see it. I really like the Bridge School boot (I think they all sounded good). I love all the boots and live DVDs CDs, I think it would be really cool to see the same songs unplugged. It would force VH to expand their "usual" setlist. I would just love to see what Eddie could do.
    I do not have interest in seeing Sam or Dave doing VH without Ed, ALex and Mike.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

I dont care for the unplugged stuff period, I dont think VH's music would work unplugged at all.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

02.18.12 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

FWYS would work, but that's about it. I just don't hear "Jump" on a grand piano or Ed laying a manual hand drill to a 12-string.
    "I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Unplugged sucked, end of story. Glad to see Van Halen ,or Dave by his lonesome , never got sucked into that crap.

I like Women & Children first and I think that if they had done something with Jan Van Halen ala Big Bad Bill that I would have been down with that.

It's like Toccata in Fuge in D minor on a standup piano, much of what makes the music powerful is lost.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Anyone see the beginning to the Van Halen weekend on MTV in the early 90's?
    All four of them are sitting on a stoop, Ed's got his accoustic guitar, and fading in and out of commercial, they rip into 'Cabo Wabo.' Sammy and Mikey's harmonies sounded awesome in that, IMO.
    Last edited by 5150; 05.14.05 at 08:53 PM.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Last Online

11.10.14 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta tell ya, I think any of you who wouldn't want to hear an acoustical VH set are nuts! I'd love to hear a different spin on some of the great VH tunes... Just think about some of the other stuff out there. Howard Stern had Dave Grell(?) do an acoustic of Everlong years ago that rocked! Neil Young, Eric Clapton and Rod Stewart all put out phenominal Unplugged albums, not to mention Alice In Chains. There's a guy who plays covers on his acoustic at this hole in the wall I frequent, and he plays Jump- it's pretty good. Wouldn't any of you like to hear what Ed could cook up acoutically
    "One thing about Ed..., ONE THING about Ed... (heh, heh...), when he has a guitar around his neck, he's not tryin' to bullshit
    anybody." Sammy Hagar, in Charlotte, NC during the Sam & Dave tour, introing into Finish What Ya Started.