Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Atomic Punks at HOB Anaheim tonight!

I'm going, Squalen's going, anybody else? Should be fun times.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

08.29.11 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I m going to see them at the OC Fair July 12.

Just give you guys a heads up.
    Live by the VH attitude, die by the VH attitude.
    \mm/\mm/

"What do you wanna do with your life?

I WANNA ROCK!"

Alex Van Halen "THE BEATLES will never get back together and David Lee Roth will never again sing with VAN HALEN."
    the way it should have been link below:
    http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4...5dd0881lk8.jpg

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Alas, Jann, my buddy is flaking out on me. He doesn't see the need to drive all the way to Anaheim when the Punks are playing up here in two weeks.

I still might convince the little lady to attend, but it's looking like a long shot at this point...

But rawk on anyway, we'll still manage to hook up in Tahoe.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I am having Punk withdrawl...Hopefully a West Coast trip soon for me!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Squalen, you missed a fuckin' great show. Best of the 3 times I've seen them by far. Ralph kept pointing at my shirt and smiling and giving me the thumbs up (Frankenstrat striped shirt), as did Joe the bass player. He gave me one of his picks, and Ralph came over to me during Panama and said, "This guy fuckin' rocks right here" and gave me a handshake, cuz I was sitting in my wheelchair front row and rocking out nonetheless

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Squalen, you missed a fuckin' great show. Best of the 3 times I've seen them by far. Ralph kept pointing at my shirt and smiling and giving me the thumbs up (Frankenstrat striped shirt), as did Joe the bass player. He gave me one of his picks, and Ralph came over to me during Panama and said, "This guy fuckin' rocks right here" and gave me a handshake, cuz I was sitting in my wheelchair front row and rocking out nonetheless
    cool beans, bud.

did they pull out any sleepers in the set list?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn I wanna see these guys. We have a tribute band for VH in the Chicagoland area. It is called Fair Warning, they are awesome. The last time i recall them doing a show was in 02'. They played at a place in Chicago called Joe's on Weed St. They don't play too consistently anymore.They played a 10 or 12 midnight show. It was after the Sam and Dave concert. The guy thinks he is David Lee Roth. I have seen him at alot of DLR shows. It is weird, the bass player is the coolest and looks just like MA. How ironic! The singer is all right, the guitar player is kind of a dick. He rocks though. We also have one of the best Zeppelin tributes in Chicago called Prezence. I also can say we have the best tribute band for the Stones too. They are called Hot Rocks. Completely awesome! The bass player from Fair Warning said that he wanted to do a Van Halen Hagar era alongside Fair Warning with a Sammy singer. They never have done it yet though.
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Alas, Jann, my buddy is flaking out on me. He doesn't see the need to drive all the way to Anaheim when the Punks are playing up here in two weeks.

I still might convince the little lady to attend, but it's looking like a long shot at this point...

But rawk on anyway, we'll still manage to hook up in Tahoe.
    there's always Canes, in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego
    -where the Punks play once a month!
    Venue is ON the beach, right next to a Roller Coaster.....
    and at $10 it's a steal!
    Last edited by LOC; 05.14.05 at 09:48 AM.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by LOC
    there's always Canes, in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego
    -where the Punks play once a month!
    Venue is ON the beach, right next to a Roller Coaster.....
    and at $10 it's a steal!

They play up here every other month in a joint about five minutes from my pad, so it's not hard to catch 'em usually.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Squalen, any sleepers you ask? I'd say so--they played "Shout at the Devil" from Motley Crue and "Mr. Brownstone." LMAO, so yeah I'd say those are some sleepers in a VH tribute band setlist.

After Ice Cream Man when Ralph had looked around for people to sing the "GUARANTEED" part, he saw a guy with a Crue shirt, and said, "Lookit this fuckin' guy with the Motley Crue shirt" and they proceeded to play the entire song! It was awesome. And then even better was a few minutes later when Ralph saw the lead singer for a Guns n Roses tribute band they play with sometimes on Sunset, and brought him up on stage to sing Mr. Brownstone. That was even better!

But in terms of Van Halen.......Ralph played maybed the first half of Could This Be Magic with Joe singing before Ice Cream Man. That was the only real surprise.

I'd trek down to San Diego, but Canes is a damn 21+ venue when they play it

Squalen, is the SB place they play at 21+ ?

Last Online

Donor

They usually play at Velvet Jones or at Soho, two downtown clubs, and yeah, they're 21+ as far as I know, although I believe Soho has 18+ nights, but I dunno if they coincide with the Punks' gigs.

Mr. Brownstone? AWESOME. So they didn't pull out any Diver Down / Fair Warning sleepers? Dang. Last time I saw 'em, they surprised the crap outta us with The Full Bug and Light Up the Sky.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hmm....from FW they played Mean Street and Unchained, so nothing surprising there (although I didn't get to hear Mean Street last time, so it was still cool). I don't think they played ANYTHING from Diver Down.

Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just in case the news hasn't been put out there yet, The Atomic Punks won't be playing Canes anymore for their San Diego gig. Instead, the will be playing at the brand new House of Blues in downtown San Diego. I'm not sure how often they'll be playing there. I'd guess once every 3-4 months. So don't expect to ever see them at Canes again.
    Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That MIGHT be good news, HOB in SD might not be 21+, like Anaheim. That would be great, I'd definitely trek down to see them.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Yes Canes is history, they won't be playing there anymore like Tim said. HOB only down there.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!