Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.16.05
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    120
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Top Jimmy
    Last Online

    06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Which Sammy is it Now?

    Interesting thing I just noticed ...

    from the VHND ..

    UltimateGuitar.com caught up with Alex and Sammy in the middle of the tour and asked them about unreleased material that might someday see release.

    Sammy was quoted saying:

    "There is enough music for 100 years in that studio to write songs
    for laying around on the floor ... We were still in the studio mixing and
    rehearsing at night and mastering and being on tour. It was pretty
    intense. These three were the ones that came naturally to us."


    Now Sammy says that doing those 3 songs was like making 5 albums and that Eddie's stuff was all over the place and that it's hard work working on the songs.

    So which one is it? Did these 3 tunes come naturally to him or was it hard work? A cynic would say that when Sammy was on tour making money with Halen it was fun and "natural", but when the vanhalen money tap stopped giving him cash it became hard work. I don't know, am I the only one beginning to doubt Sammy's sincerity? Opinions ...

  2. #2
    Eruption vh resurrection's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.04
    Age
    42
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,406
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

    03.31.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    They hadda paint a rosy picture before they hit the road. Now that it's over, the truth can come out.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,981
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Likes
    2,607
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Or he is lying to us right now.

    Only 4 people know and its not anybody on this board.

  4. #4
    Top Of The World stratogibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.00
    Posts
    214
    Last Online

    06.24.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I honestly believe that the constant "friction" within this band is 1/10th truthful and 9/10 magnified and marketed. It's their way of keeping the loyal around. Once a month a little leak pops out that contradicts the other. Hilarious how gullible we all are.

    I played in a band with a singer who was difficult as all get out. Still, we talked.
    You know the best tone I ever had was with that little bandmaster cranked to 10. Edward Van Halen, 1980, Guitar Player Magazine.

  5. #5
    Romeo Delight Brown5150Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.04
    Location
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Posts
    43
    Last Online

    08.09.05 @ 11:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I personally think, and this is not a rip on Sam, its just the way things are, that Sam will say whatever makes Sam look good at the moment. What we are seeing though is that Ed may be right and this dude suffers from some form of LSD!!!!!!!!!!!
    "ONCE believed,can't ever lose faith"

    "Get off Eddie's ass, he is still the greatest ever"

  6. #6
    Banned! BiZkIt Roolz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.03.05
    Age
    31
    Location
    OC
    Posts
    50
    Favorite VH Album

    The unquestionable truth
    Favorite VH Song

    Eat you alive
    Last Online

    07.10.05 @ 09:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Anyone else get the feeling that when AVH returns from Denmark shit's gonna hit the fan and SH and MA are going to be out of the band? I think EVH is probably really pissed off right about now.

  7. #7
    Baluchitherium Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.28.99
    Location
    Hard Rock City, CAN.
    Posts
    5,144
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Sammy has a track record for saying outlandish things or saying one thing and then saying something else.

    Not surprised.
    EUAS

    www.rotharmy.com

    *VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

    "The Showstoppa!!"

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer up for lunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.05.04
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them...
    Last Online

    05.19.05 @ 08:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    Interesting thing I just noticed ...

    from the VHND ..

    UltimateGuitar.com caught up with Alex and Sammy in the middle of the tour and asked them about unreleased material that might someday see release.

    Sammy was quoted saying:

    "There is enough music for 100 years in that studio to write songs
    for laying around on the floor ... We were still in the studio mixing and
    rehearsing at night and mastering and being on tour. It was pretty
    intense. These three were the ones that came naturally to us."


    Now Sammy says that doing those 3 songs was like making 5 albums and that Eddie's stuff was all over the place and that it's hard work working on the songs.

    So which one is it? Did these 3 tunes come naturally to him or was it hard work? A cynic would say that when Sammy was on tour making money with Halen it was fun and "natural", but when the vanhalen money tap stopped giving him cash it became hard work. I don't know, am I the only one beginning to doubt Sammy's sincerity? Opinions ...
    Nice research work Bedrockboy!!!

  9. #9
    Good Enough Wolfgang Slinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.06.04
    Age
    33
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,414
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

    03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Likes
    11
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls

    Only 4 people know and its not anybody on this board.



    Amen.

  10. #10
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.16.05
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    120
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Top Jimmy
    Last Online

    06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by up for lunch
    Nice research work Bedrockboy!!!
    thanks

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,244
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:06 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Sammy has a track record for saying outlandish things or saying one thing and then saying something else.

    Not surprised.
    Indeed he does.

    As do the bros. And one former lead singer. And various managers and so-called insiders.

    Like many have said, the guys least guilty of this frequent human crime are The Bass Player and The Third Lead Singer.

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing! ED-A-HOLIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.11.01
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,936
    Favorite VH Album

    The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

    The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    378
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Well if those three new songs were so hard to write, I understand now why Sammy prefers writting shit like Mas Tequila.

    I really hope they can get back on the studio together with no TOUR pressure, and release a GREAT ROCK AND ROLL ALBUM, and then go out on tour, and kick our ass.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

    "Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

    WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

  13. #13
    Good Enough Pacfanweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.02
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Space
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:25 PM
    Likes
    37
    Liked 572 Times in 313 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Jesus, some folks are just plain dense.

    Look at these quotes:
    "We were still in the studio mixing and
    rehearsing at night and mastering and being on tour. It was pretty
    intense."

    Now, except to people with IQ's somewhere in the range of the Gump family, this quote falls right in line with what Sammy's saying now.
    Duh...."still in the studio mixing and rehearsing at night" and "mastering and being on tour".

    Sounds like it was a royal pain in the ass to me.
    The rest of the quote:
    "These three were the ones that came naturally to us."
    Meaningless. Simply stating the "party line" at tour/album release time.

    Why do some folks continue to try and read something into a quote that should be taken at face value?
    These guys are not that smart. There is no underlying motive in every single thing they say publically.
    It's this simple: Yes, it was a pain to make those songs. However, when the reunion was all new and fresh, they looked at the process in an entirely different light than they did after spending all summer on tour together.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Sammy said practically the exact same thing both times; It's just that one was in a polite manner, and the more recent statement was a bit more candid.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

  14. #14
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.16.05
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    120
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Top Jimmy
    Last Online

    06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb
    Jesus, some folks are just plain dense.

    Look at these quotes:
    "We were still in the studio mixing and
    rehearsing at night and mastering and being on tour. It was pretty
    intense."

    Now, except to people with IQ's somewhere in the range of the Gump family, this quote falls right in line with what Sammy's saying now.
    Duh...."still in the studio mixing and rehearsing at night" and "mastering and being on tour".

    Sounds like it was a royal pain in the ass to me.
    The rest of the quote:
    "These three were the ones that came naturally to us."
    Meaningless. Simply stating the "party line" at tour/album release time.

    Why do some folks continue to try and read something into a quote that should be taken at face value?
    These guys are not that smart. There is no underlying motive in every single thing they say publically.
    It's this simple: Yes, it was a pain to make those songs. However, when the reunion was all new and fresh, they looked at the process in an entirely different light than they did after spending all summer on tour together.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Sammy said practically the exact same thing both times; It's just that one was in a polite manner, and the more recent statement was a bit more candid.
    Gump Family??? Why is it that the second half of the statement is the "party line" and "meaningless" and not the first half of it??? You seem to picking your spots on this completely. I'm not reading into the quote at all, I saw it today and thought that it flew in the face of his recent comments. To say that him saying that "these three songs came naturally" is the same thing as "making those three songs was hard work and felt like making five albums" sounds like the work of Forest Gump to me. All I'm saying is that Sammy was not being truthful then or now, I don't which one (and as someone pointed out no one but the guys in that studio do) but I would like to know. If he is being truthful now then I think it's time the band goes its own way. But for you to say that I'm reading too much into this and that he actually said the same thing is absolutely insane. If you believe that then I take it you also think that Clinton "did not have sex with that woman".
    Last edited by bedrockboy; 05.13.05 at 08:34 PM.

  15. #15
    Good Enough Pacfanweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.02
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Space
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 11:25 PM
    Likes
    37
    Liked 572 Times in 313 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy
    Gump Family??? Why is it that the second half of the statement is the "party line" and "meaningless" and not the first half of it??? You seem to picking your spots on this completely. I'm not reading into the quote at all, I saw it today and thought that it flew in the face of his recent comments. To say that him saying that "these three songs came naturally" is the same thing as "making those three songs was hard work and felt like making five albums" sounds like the work of Forest Gump to me. All I'm saying is that Sammy was not being truthful then or now, I don't which one (and as someone pointed out no one but the guys in that studio do) but I would like to know. If he is being truthful now then I think it's time the band goes its own way. But for you to say that I'm reading too much into this and that he actually said the same thing is absolutely insane. If you believe that then I take it you also think that Clinton "did not have sex with that woman".
    Saying they "came naturally" probably means that they were the ones that most appealed to him to try to make into actual songs.
    That has nothing to do with how hard it the process of actually doing so was.

    And what I said was not "picking my spots". I was dead on.
    Sammy probably (obviously to me) thought that it was a chore making those songs.
    So what the hell is he supposed to say in interviews right before and during the damn tour?????
    "Damn, Eddie really didn't have the music together, and that was as hard as making 5 albums".
    Yeah, right Mr. Gump.

    Like I said, he said basically the same thing, just a little more directly on the recent statement.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sammy Davis vs. Sammy Hagar: Who has the advantage?
    By SeriousDooDoo in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01.24.02, 10:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •