Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 02:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sammy in Detroit!!!!

Ah hell YEAH!

05.11.05 - Attention Detroit Fans!
    Rockers Sammy Hagar and Michael ANthony can drive 55 in their new ford gts

WHAT: I Cant Drive 55 takes on an entirely new meaning for rockers and car enthusiasts Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony as they take delivery of their 2005 Ford GT supercars.

WHEN: Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:00 p.m.

WHERE: In front of the FOX Theatre
    2211 Woodward Avenue, Detroit

WHO: Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony from Van Halen
    Hau Thai-Tang, director of Ford Advanced Product Creation and SVT
    Ben Poore, Ford Division car group marketing manager

SUMMARY: Ford will be presenting Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony the keys to their new Ford GT supercars. Following the presentation of the cars, Sammy, ever the spontaneous performer, will join thousands of his Red Rocker fans in a unique homage to his classic hit I Cant Drive 55. Sammy & Michael will be available for interviews following the delivery & performance at 5:40 p.m.

Sammy and Mike are picking up their new Ford GT's at 5:00 outside the Fox! I'll be there! I wonder if they'll be cruisin' Woodward?

Ya gotta love livin' in Detroit! Yeah I know we got our problems, but, cool shit like Sam & Mike pickin' up the cars in the Motor City then playing an incredible gig...

Should be a local holiday!

St. Louis my ass!
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Last Online

12.03.15 @ 08:11 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

Gah...It seems like Van Halen is completely split down the middle right now. That ain't right. I think I finally understand why Eddie didn't want Sammy off on his own. If I were Eddie, I'd be jealous of Sammy's fun, but at the same time wondering why I even wait. The guy is so damn happy in his own world, I'd let him do his own thing. Mikey obviously has a good thing going there too. Ed should just get whoever and record with them under another name. Or just do it totally solo. If he has so much music, how about he shares it? I'm sure he'd be surprised at the turnout. While it wouldn't be Van Halen proportions, I'd be willing to guess Eddie could get 3,000-5,000 a venue ALONE. Good for Sammy and Mike, but I think everyone should stop forcing something that isn't there anymore. I'd much rather have both groups happy and friends than battling co-workers.
    Last edited by NOaverageJOE; 05.11.05 at 09:58 PM.