Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy Hinted At VH Reunion

I dug out my "Not 4 Sale" CD today for the 1st time in about 8 months. Has anyone noticed the VH Reunion hints on that CD? I swear that on KArma Wheel he did his best a writing a song that pointed at the writing stylings of VH. That song sounds like something that Edward would have written around the Balance/VH3 era. During "Things HAve Change" he says "I start singing that old melody" and then you hear a harmony vocal that sounds like Mikey and Eddie.
    Also, on Long Road To Cabo Sammy was singing a VH tune on a van ride to a gig ... and his over all personality seemed like "man I wish I was playing with VH!"
    On his Sam and Dave tour he once used an image of a guitar getting drilled during the song Poundcake ... as if he was saying, come on "Eddie, hit me back. Let's do this thing!"
    When I saw him in concert on the Sam/Dave tour he intro'd "Finish What Ya' Started" with a long and cool story of how he and Eddie wrote that song late one night at 5150. He had kind words to say about Eddie. He said something like "When Edward Van Halen calls you at 3am and says come on over, I got an idea for a song, you know he aint kidding. Because Eddie VanHalen doesn't #### around with playing guitar."

In lieu of this thread, maybe we can analyze Sammy Hagar this year and look for hints for any type of suggestion that new VH is on the horizon. It seems like he constantly struggles with taunting Eddie and then catering to him ... Only to try and get things back on the burner.
    As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
    - John Lennon

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cater to Eddie? When does Sammy do that? All Sammy did last year was grab some cash and use Vh to help jump start his slumping solo career.

Good Enough
    where Conan O'Brien is no longer president, a.k.a. Finland
    Favorite VH Album

All of them.
    Favorite VH Song

As Is.
    Last Online

10.03.17 @ 11:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Now now, let's not judge Sammy right away..
    Last edited by atomic_punk; 05.10.05 at 02:46 PM.
    -nobody rules these streets at night but me-

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning Rocks!
    Cater to Eddie? When does Sammy do that? All Sammy did last year was grab some cash and use Vh to help jump start his slumping solo career.
    That's because of your kind Roth fans have such a magnificent rep, give it a rest already

Quote Originally Posted by Warmoth
    I dug out my "Not 4 Sale" CD today for the 1st time in about 8 months. Has anyone noticed the VH Reunion hints on that CD? I swear that on KArma Wheel he did his best a writing a song that pointed at the writing stylings of VH. That song sounds like something that Edward would have written around the Balance/VH3 era. During "Things HAve Change" he says "I start singing that old melody" and then you hear a harmony vocal that sounds like Mikey and Eddie.
    Also, on Long Road To Cabo Sammy was singing a VH tune on a van ride to a gig ... and his over all personality seemed like "man I wish I was playing with VH!"
    On his Sam and Dave tour he once used an image of a guitar getting drilled during the song Poundcake ... as if he was saying, come on "Eddie, hit me back. Let's do this thing!"
    When I saw him in concert on the Sam/Dave tour he intro'd "Finish What Ya' Started" with a long and cool story of how he and Eddie wrote that song late one night at 5150. He had kind words to say about Eddie. He said something like "When Edward Van Halen calls you at 3am and says come on over, I got an idea for a song, you know he aint kidding. Because Eddie VanHalen doesn't #### around with playing guitar."

In lieu of this thread, maybe we can analyze Sammy Hagar this year and look for hints for any type of suggestion that new VH is on the horizon. It seems like he constantly struggles with taunting Eddie and then catering to him ... Only to try and get things back on the burner.
    I don't think he was having VH in mind while writing his solo song, that's just his songwriting has improved, most probably during his VH years. Tunes like 'Message' or 'Salvation' or that 'Karma Wheel' could have fit great on the Balance-following, but now with 3 BOBW singles I'm afraid Sammy is better of on his own.
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 05.10.05 at 03:35 PM.

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mishar, I am a fan of all 3 eras, so don't be so quick to judge. But what i posted is true, imo.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It's hard to get who's on who's side recently, with the avalanche of posts in main you're either Redhead of Rothtard, or just follow the words' diarea with a dropped jaw. I personally don't think Sam went on this tour to promote his solo - he's been recording and getting royalties and touring non stop since 1997, and last year caused a large gap in his career. Sincerely, I'd have prefered for VH to have reunited with Roth so each fan would've gotten what he wanted. I don't think there are many Samheads left that were completely happy with summer tour and singles of BOBW

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    I don't think there are many Samheads left that were completely happy with summer tour and singles of BOBW
    I'm not a Samhead, but I like him better than roth. I really liked the show that they put on during the tour. Ed played great when I saw him. I also really like the 3 new tunes.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

It's hard to get who's on who's side recently, with the avalanche of posts in main you're either Redhead of Rothtard, or just follow the words' diarea with a dropped jaw. I personally don't think Sam went on this tour to promote his solo - he's been recording and getting royalties and touring non stop since 1997, and last year caused a large gap in his career. Sincerely, I'd have prefered for VH to have reunited with Roth so each fan would've gotten what he wanted. I don't think there are many Samheads left that were completely happy with summer tour and singles of BOBW
    What does that mean??? The last thing I want is Sammy to go back to the Waboritas for good! They are nothing compared to Van Hagar.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Dave.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What about Dave?
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:13 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

I'd bet you 10$ a head that yes the fans did side with Hagar on lead vocals.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.07.06 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's because of your kind Roth fans have such a magnificent rep, give it a rest already

I don't think he was having VH in mind while writing his solo song, that's just his songwriting has improved, most probably during his VH years. Tunes like 'Message' or 'Salvation' or that 'Karma Wheel' could have fit great on the Balance-following, but now with 3 BOBW singles I'm afraid Sammy is better of on his own.
    Message is a great tune, but Sammy didn't write it. Jesse Harms did.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Sam solo is a star. Van Halen is the sun. He knows that. So does Mike. Let's just see how it pans out.
    Last edited by TheresOnlyOneWay; 05.10.05 at 09:48 PM.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Murphenstein
    I'm not a Samhead, but I like him better than roth. I really liked the show that they put on during the tour. Ed played great when I saw him. I also really like the 3 new tunes.
    I also prefer Sammy era to Roth, but I evaluate what I see and what I hear. 3 singles from BOBW are OK, and sincerely I prefer them to 90% of songs from Carnal Knowledge, but from Balance standpoint they're a step backwards for me. I wished I could have seen them live last summer, but I've read enough reviews to form an opinion on the tour, and two bootlegs I have only concur to it.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    What does that mean??? The last thing I want is Sammy to go back to the Waboritas for good! They are nothing compared to Van Hagar.
    At least Wabos produce music. I really don't see why it's Sammy's faulty Van Hagar can't anymore. Before the tour ended I really hoped for a full studio album to follow, what I can see now is the really bad chemestry between brothers, Sam and Michael

Quote Originally Posted by VH122
    I'd bet you 10$ a head that yes the fans did side with Hagar on lead vocals.
    I must have said it wrong - I've ment the current Sammy fans' view on the state of the band. I don't think anyone wanted Van Halen just to reunite, tour and then step into the obscutiry. And to listen to what Sam and MA say on Eddie, tour, band and it's future

Quote Originally Posted by clarker
    Message is a great tune, but Sammy didn't write it. Jesse Harms did
    Well that's weird, I remember readin on this board that Sam has written this tune still being in Van Halen, and it was even performed during his solo session under another title during the Balance tour . But I might be wrong

Eruption
    Last Online

10.07.06 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also prefer Sammy era to Roth, but I evaluate what I see and what I hear. 3 singles from BOBW are OK, and sincerely I prefer them to 90% of songs from Carnal Knowledge, but from Balance standpoint they're a step backwards for me. I wished I could have seen them live last summer, but I've read enough reviews to form an opinion on the tour, and two bootlegs I have only concur to it.

At least Wabos produce music. I really don't see why it's Sammy's faulty Van Hagar can't anymore. Before the tour ended I really hoped for a full studio album to follow, what I can see now is the really bad chemestry between brothers, Sam and Michael

I must have said it wrong - I've ment the current Sammy fans' view on the state of the band. I don't think anyone wanted Van Halen just to reunite, tour and then step into the obscutiry. And to listen to what Sam and MA say on Eddie, tour, band and it's future

Well that's weird, I remember readin on this board that Sam has written this tune still being in Van Halen, and it was even performed during his solo session under another title during the Balance tour . But I might be wrong
    On Sammy website the give the credit to Harms, On the Ten 13 CD it lists Harms as the song writer.

It could have been written while Sam was in Van Halen and Sam liked it and played durning his solo spot, but Jesse Harms did write it.