Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

The states receiving the highest amounts in the current fiscal year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; Arizona, $45 million; and New York, $12.25 million.

Payments to providers will be made on a quarterly basis and will be adjusted proportionately if the bills exceed the state's allocation.

One group that advocates stricter immigration policies said the government's reimbursement of hospitals was the right thing to do.

"It seems to me that if the federal government has abdicated its responsibility for immigration enforcement, then it's responsible for making those jurisdictions whole," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank based in Washington.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

can we please stop taking care of other countries' problems?? Jesus christ why can't we send 'em back to the shitholes they came from?
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sisca
    can we please stop taking care of other countries' problems?? Jesus christ why can't we send 'em back to the shitholes they came from?
    I agree with ya' 100% sisca. This might sound alittle mean, but they are their country's problem not ours. Let's use that $1,000,000,000 for our country's own citizens that lack health care...
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

We have only ourselves to blame. If we were serious about immigration reform and border control, things would change.

I'm much more curious as to the costs that government pays for uninsured Americans. I wonder what they might be?

Last Online

01.26.10 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisca

Thats what Native Americans have been saying for years!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K, Fair Warning,. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

all of 'em
    Last Online

06.16.08 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

President Bush really needs to do something about this problem. Not only can terrorists easily get into the country but billions are being wasted on paying for illegal immigrants to live here. If the border patrol was expanded, there would be many more new jobs added and the economy would get at least a small boost.
    "For the words of the profits, are written on the studio wall, concert hall - echoes with the sounds...of salesmen."

"Measure your coffin does it measure up to your lust?"

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

President Bush wants to make illegal immigration "okay" by legalizing those that are here. Naw... that won't send the message to c'mon in, now will it? Rounding up those that aren't supposed to be here and making our borders secure isn't part of his plan.

Last Online

05.10.05 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We should actually hire the "Minute Men" to continue what they've been doing, and launch a massive recruiting campaign to get more border patrol cops. Also, the Social Security problem will fade away (i hope) once we end these 2 wars we have going on since we won't have to "borrow" money from the SS stash to fund them.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

...but if they beef up border security, how are Americans going to sneak across the Canadian and Mexican borders to buy their prescription meds?
    Last edited by Axxman300; 05.10.05 at 03:20 PM.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One word "close the borders"...

Ok well three words

I'm getting sick of tired of seeing mine and your tax dollars being wasted to pay for these people's medical care and living expenses just because they "can't speak english", or "can't find a REAL job because of not having LEGAL U.S indentification." Is it pathetic seeing women and children getting stuffed into gas tanks ON A DAILY BASIS just trying to get into the U.S.

When you go to Mexico you'd better know how to "speakaSpanish" or be accompanied by someone who does, and if not then your dumbass needs to learn to stay on the right side of the border. I've been to Mexico and trust me, unless your with someone who speaks the language (which I was) their government isn't going to worry about shelling out it's tax dollar for interpreters, signs..etc for people who can't speak Spainish (at least in the middle to smaller sized towns that is). Other countries don't spend the kind of coin we do just to make sure we have bi-lingual people who "can help you out", verbally at least.

Americans should not have to cater to people who can't speak English period. You want to be a part of this country?? Find a sponsor family who will take you in, PAY for your medical expenses, PAY for your room and board, and PAY for you to learn our national language...and not use our government programs such as medicaid and food stamps just because your non-English speakin illegal self wants a hand out. Don't expect help from if your breaking the law and can't get anything better in your current state than to stand by the side of the road and "hope" to be picked up for yard work.

Tired of seeing illegals taking advantage as they think is "free medical care", Mexico has doctors, Cuba has hospitals...USE THEM!!! Otherwise keep your @#$@#$# legs closed, don't drink the fuckin water and quit eatin food cooked along the side of a street.

Sorry but this is just a pet peeve of mine being from Texas and seeing/hearing about this stuff all the time and having no control.

Ok i'm done ranting..."whew"
    Last edited by rrussou812; 05.10.05 at 03:50 PM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

hell, i'll sit on the border and pop the fuckers as they come across.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Let's reinstate this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Disclaimer - the term "wetback" back in 1954 was not considered derogatory
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

hey buschman, that was back in the day when the government actually gave a fuck about this country. those times are gone now, unfortunately.
    """"\//-/""""

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buschman
    Disclaimer - the term "wetback" back in 1954 was not considered derogatory
    Why have a disclaimer? You didn't write it.

Personally, I love the term Wetback. (I am one) Hell, I want it inlayed on a guitar.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. These people are here illegally! They're commiting a crime. I don't receive this kind of courtesy when I get a speeding ticket, and I'm a tax-paying, god-fearing citizen of the United States. Send em all back and lock the border tight.

Sorry, Country's full.
    Last edited by Junior; 05.11.05 at 11:40 AM.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The whole arguement is wrapped up in the term "ILLEGAL". I got no problem with government support for people that are here LEGALLY, but CAN'T STAND the fact that some want to support THIS crap. It's f'n RETARDED. If I went to any other country expecting government benefits without applying for citizenship, I'd probably be shot on site. Getting into this country should not be that easy. Our citizens have enough problems of their own to deal with, much less having these bastards siphoning off funds for less-than-legitimate reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06