Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Sammy 5/26 in Santa Rosa, CA

When I click on the link from his website to the place to buy tickets for this show, it says it's a "SCMA BENEFIT with SAMMY HAGAR."

Does anybody know what that means? Is it a regular show or something of lesser value?
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:17 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

Sam's doing a solid for some friends up that way. Just another Wabo date added.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So it's not really like a true Waboritas/Gusanos show?

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Last Online

Donor

Sure it's a real show. Just that a portion of the proceeds go to the benefit folks.

If ya wanna get tix and drive up, it'll be a real Wabos show (I dunno about Gusanos, but I expect Mikey will be there as well, since it's advertised as another date of the Cinco de Cabo tour).

Long drive to Santa Rosa, but it's nice up there too.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 05.09.05 at 01:23 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Me and Red-Diamond from forums are thinking of making the 400 mile trek up there. You wanna hitch a ride?

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx
    Me and Red-Diamond from forums are thinking of making the 400 mile trek up there. You wanna hitch a ride?
    That's a haul from LA, LOL! I thought about hitting that show too, it's closer than Tahoe. But I've already got tix for the August Tahoe date now. You should make a weekend out of it, hit the city...

...but hey, surely you're going to see the Punks in Anaheim this Friday, no? I'll be there. I'll buy ya a shot to mend that broken heart of yours.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    That's a haul from LA, LOL! I thought about hitting that show too, it's closer than Tahoe. But I've already got tix for the August Tahoe date now. You should make a weekend out of it, hit the city...

...but hey, surely you're going to see the Punks in Anaheim this Friday, no? I'll be there. I'll buy ya a shot to mend that broken heart of yours.
    I'll look for you in Tahoe, VS...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    I'll look for you in Tahoe, VS...
    Screw lookin for me, Sacto...let's down a brew together at the Cantina.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen

I didn't even realize they were playing. I should go, let's meet up there if I do.

And I'd go to fuckin' Tahoe too, I really want to, but it's 21+
    Last edited by janthraxx; 05.09.05 at 05:55 PM.

Last Online

Donor

I didn't even realize they were playing. I should go, let's meet up there if I do.

And I'd go to fuckin' Tahoe too, I really want to, but it's 21+
    21+ at the Tahoe show? Even thought it's at the outdoor Harvey's arena instead of the cantina?

HOB Anaheim will let you in underage?

You know, they make killer fake IDs at several joints in Tijuana. How do I know? I just do. 'Course, I haven't needed one for many years, being the old geezer that I am these days.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maybe I should look into the Sammy Tahoe show in August then, that's much better timing. HOB Anaheim is like 18+. I've been there loads of times.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

SQUALEN AND SACTO I JUST BOUGHT 3 TICKETS TO THE TAHOE SHOW IT IS PRACTICALLY ALL AGES.......FUCK YEAH WE'LL ALL HANG OUT!!

Last Online

Donor

SQUALEN AND SACTO I JUST BOUGHT 3 TICKETS TO THE TAHOE SHOW IT IS PRACTICALLY ALL AGES.......FUCK YEAH WE'LL ALL HANG OUT!!
    Should be a good time. Outdoor arena is always a good way to see any band, much less Sambo and Mikey. And Tahoe in the summer don't get much better. Me and the little lady will be renting waverunners over at Zephyr Cove much like we do every time we hit the lake when it's not snow season.

It'd be cool to get a bunch of us Linkers there. Think Jeanette of SammyHagar.net is already going too. Come on, dudes...pony up and make a mini-summer vacation of it. Get a cheapie red-eye into Reno, grab a room at Motel 8, tix are still cheap at Harrah's box right now before it sells out....hang out in the Sierra Nevada for a weekend. Talk your old ladies into it. You listening, 'Paw?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah it'll be me and Red-Diamond (fellow linker) almost for sure....Do you think Los Tres Gusanos will play for sure as well?

I'll bet Larry from redrocker.com will be there too (guy that handles the pics on the site), he's my bud.

Last Online

Donor

Yeah it'll be me and Red-Diamond (fellow linker) almost for sure....Do you think Los Tres Gusanos will play for sure as well?

I'll bet Larry from redrocker.com will be there too (guy that handles the pics on the site), he's my bud.
    I don't see why LTG won't play....on the tix, it says Sammy Hagar and the Wabos and Special Guests, and unless Mikey's not playing that last lonely date for some reason, which to date we have no reason to believe otherwise, then I'm sure it'll be their final gig for '05, minus the birthday bash in Cabo, of course.