Favorite VH Album

5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 788 Times in 474 Posts

Default VH and SH will be together for long time

I'd bet millions of dollars if I had it that Van Halen and Sammy will be together for a long time. Years to come. It won't be like '85-'96 (or '93 I should say), but they'll still "kinda" be together. No new album/tour every other year like the old days, but probably every three years with maybe a new Internet tune thrown in inbetween hopefully since that's something Sammy's been talking about (and doing) in recent times. They won't do anything else with Dave (although I still think they HAVE to do just one reunion tour with some new songs for closure at some point but they're getting old though...), with Gary (who was great I still believe), or a different singer, but probably that all-star album with other contempory/classic singers at some point with no tour. Mike probably wouldn't be involved, but obviously it would be better if he was. It would just be a one-off project that they've supposedly always wanted to do and it would be while Sammy's off doing his own thing (with Mike included I'm sure). I've always loved and hated that idea. For me, VH's gotta be a group, not that shit. But, if they are a group and they just do that on the side while their singer's doing his own thing and everybody's cool with it, I love the idea and would love to hear a bunch of other stars singing over VH's music. Aside from that and the occasional Van Hagar album/tour, they'll be silent like they've been throughout the new millenium unless Eddie starts improving. VH every couple of years and while we're waiting for the next album/tour, we'll have their front man and bassist Sammy & Mike plus the Wabos to hold us off (plus Dave's and Gary's solo careers). I think that is the answer. Unfortunately Eddie's becoming a little fucked up these days. He's obviously been through a huge amount the past couple of years with the cancer victory and separation (not official yet, right?) with Val, but obviously the drinking's gotten worse. Still love 'em and all, and have never said anything bad about him since '96 when all this shit started until now. But with all of these stories about him from the previous tour, there has to be some truth to it of course. Nevertheless, it won't be like the Sammy Era we (well, a lot of us but not all of us) know and love from before unless he shapes up. If he does, then it will, and we'd most likely get more albums and tours in the next decade or two; if he doesn't, then I really believe that there still will be a Van Halen (with Hagar), just not as often. With Roth, yes, I don't see how they can never perform again at least for one tour, but they'd obviously never last with him. A reunion with him is a must, but only if Sammy's cool with it. He has been a better sport with that recently so there is hope. Just one album (even an EP or a couple of new songs) with a tour, or even just a tour (hopefully including one or both of the "BOVI" songs) for closure, and for the fans. It doesn't seem like Eddie's been too fan friendly recently (although I have heard a lot of good recent things about him with the fans that cancel out the supposed but probable New York City fiasco), but maybe he will fully come to his senses someday in the not to far future and will suck it up once for the fans and have a DLR closure. They'd never last for more than one tour, of course, which I think everbody agrees on. But I could always see them growing old (like The Rolling Stones kind of "old") with Sammy. Sammy's proven to be old and still be as great as he always was. I've always loved Sammy and even Gary (Extreme was always my second favorite band--that's why I shit when they chose him out of all people in '96 and why I loved VH3), but since '99 wanted Dave to come back full-time. After finally giving up in late '03 when the Sammy reunion rumors started skyrocketing like the Dave rumors from the previous years, I realized that Van Hagar, not Van Roth or Van Cherone, was my favorite era. Not to sound cunty, but the best band in the world has got to have songs that pump you up (not just to get laid) like "Dreams" or "Right Now"--songs about life, good and bad. And what's so bad about a couple of love songs when there's more hard-rockers to balance them out? Fuck that. Gary coming back in the band obviously is something that probably will never happen, and a fourth singer practically out of the question (unless they got a big name like Sammy in '85 who was at his stardom peak not to mention). Sammy's the best in my eyes. Despite everything I said about Gary being the man in '96-'99 and about Dave in '99-'03 being the man, this is my final and permanent stance on the band. With Dave, they were the most exciting band in the world. With Sammy, they are the second-most exciting band in the word, but better overall because not all their songs are about pussy and partying. They have the two P's but so much more to offer that Dave does not. Plus he has way more staying power. He obviously aged better (Dave still kicks much, much ass though). Sammy is just as charismatic (and I'm sure the Dave fans will agree...) as Dave in his own way. He lights up a fuckin' arena or amphitheater just as much with his persona. "TBOBW" was great, although I think one CD that mirrored "BOVI" would've been more appropriate and better for sales, but it still did great being a double-CD. The tour did very great with sales and popularity. One of the biggest of the year. The news songs were great and got good airplay. "It's About Time" wasn't supposed to be a brilliant song, it was just supposed to be a hard-rockin' reunion celebrations song and that's exactly what it was and no one could do it better. "Up for Breakfast" was the best, I think. That screams classic-VH but sounds like nothing they've ever done before. You don't get catchier than that. More so, though, it was musical growth. When a band or musician can make a song that sound like them but sounds like nothing they've ever done before, there doing it right. "Learning to See" was like that, too. Shows where they're going musically. And on tour? They're as great as they've always been. Eddie's still jumping, using striped guitars again, and now they're going to be way better with the old catalogue (although it would've been better to play something different than "YRGM," "ATBL," "J," "P," and "U" and "RWTD"--the exact six songs they played in '86-'95 plus "SGMAD" which Mike did the previous tour--but it's a start). They still have it and will always have it--and Sammy is who it's gotta be with. We've heard some conflicting good and bad rumors in the past couple of days and months (fortunately, the official site still has the same pictures), but I think we all know what's up. Eddie's gotta improve for this to go on. If he doesn't, we'll still hear from them but not as soon and not as often. If he does, which I think he will (not that I fuckin' know him), then we'll be set for a long time until the end of their careers, which I think they got another 10-20 years in them. Not just what I want to think, but I do think. Sammy keeps saying they're going to do it again some time. Better be a new album next time though! I have true hope.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Holy shit thats a long post! Care to post the abridged version so us lazy asses don't have to spend the afternoon reading the original post?
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ever hear of paragraphs and punctuation? WTF?

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    Holy shit thats a long post! Care to post the abridged version so us lazy asses don't have to spend the afternoon reading the original post?

Man you could hide the cure for cancer and directions to buried treasure in a post like that. Who could get through the whole thing?

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That was a nice...scroll

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

A new contest...I got through 2 sentences...can anyone beat 2???

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    Man you could hide the cure for cancer and directions to buried treasure in a post like that. Who could get through the whole thing?
    I think they also unveiled the Caramilk Secret in there as well.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 1,602 Times in 984 Posts

Donor

Seriously, paragraphs are your friends.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

09.22.10 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, don't eat the brown acid. Your rambling.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RAGEN_40
    Dude, don't eat the brown acid. Your rambling.
    LOL

I read that then looked at your avatar with Mike Anthony and I put the two together and it just made me laugh.