Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doublep
    evidently wolfgang slinger will now be known as wolfgang moron!!!!!!!
    I'm glad you think that.

Is that what you say when your mom or dad has an opinion that differs from yours? "Well, mom is officially a MORON!" Wouldn't suprise me, but it's still uncalled for.

Around here, we have something called "opinions" and especially in this forum, all opinions are welcome. Actually, this forum is deticated to reviews from the 2004 tour, not opinions on people who post here.

If you think I'm a moron, great. I couldn't care less about what some jack-off hiding behind his computer screen thinks of me or my opinions. If you think my opinion sucks, great. Post yours. If you think my opinion is WRONG, well, that my friend is pretty ignorant because I'm intitled to mine.

I wrote this because I think it will be good for you to learn for the next time you think about slandin' somebody around here, you could lose some respect and credibility as to what in the hell you're talking about. You've already lost mine.
    Last edited by Wolfgang Slinger; 05.15.05 at 03:30 AM.

Last Online

02.13.18 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

What are you barking at, dude?
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 05.15.05 at 03:42 AM.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

06.01.07 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i saw 3 shows on this tour, 1 great one, one good one and one disgraceful one. eddie's solo was the only consistent part of the shows..................he was fucking terrible! i love ed and the band, but i call it like it is and ed was brutal!!!
    Wolfgang,

In all fairness, when Douple P referred to you as a moron he was likely referring to posts like this:

"I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody."

What does that mean? I have no idea what you were trying to say. If you meant that you'd pay money to see some guy at a guitar shop noodle around and accomplish nothing (that's what Eddie typically accomplished during his solo) then I think Douple P's moron comment is fair. Why pay for it when you can just stroll into a guitar shop and hear it for free? If you meant something else, please let me know.
    Last edited by bedrockboy; 05.15.05 at 09:51 AM.

Last Online

02.13.18 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

^ so what was triple p arguing about then? Read his reply
    Last edited by Mishar McLeud; 05.15.05 at 10:09 AM.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    ^ so what was triple p arguing about then? Read his reply
    I read his reply and tend to agree with his take on the tour, Eddie was terrible.

I still don't know what you meant by:

"I'd pay money to see half the shit that Eddie did played by some hack that spends his time in guitar stores trying to impress somebody."

Can u fill me in?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bedrockboy

I still don't know what you meant by:

Can u fill me in?
    First of all, that wasn't even that important of a statment. As the matter of fact, it doesn't even matter what I meant by it, it's pretty selfy-explanitory, but here... I'll explain it.

Rather than something I've heard 4 million times from Eddie like "Cathedral", "Eruption", "Spanish Fly" and everything else that somebody that walks into a music store and irritates all of the empoyees working there because they've heard it it all before.

It's a guitar shop reference... It's a guitar player reference... Get it? Play guitar?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Wolfgang,

In all fairness, when Douple P referred to you as a moron he was likely referring to posts like this:

Is that really a vehicle or an excuse to call somebody a moron? Did I call anybody an names?

I understand that we're in the little world of the internet that gives everybody a voice and opinion that they DON'T seem to have in the real world... But come on.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Slinger
    First of all, that wasn't even that important of a statment. As the matter of fact, it doesn't even matter what I meant by it, it's pretty selfy-explanitory, but here... I'll explain it.

Rather than something I've heard 4 million times from Eddie like "Cathedral", "Eruption", "Spanish Fly" and everything else that somebody that walks into a music store and irritates all of the empoyees working there because they've heard it it all before.

It's a guitar shop reference... It's a guitar player reference... Get it? Play guitar?
    Actually I don't play guitar, I'm a keyboard player.

It's an interesting theory you have though. I guess you'd rather them not play anything except It's About Time, Learning to See & and Up for Breakfast. Since you've heard all their other stuff a million times maybe then they can kick into some sort of jam session that you've never heard before, better then hearing Panama and Poundcake for the twentieth time live (the guys in the guitars shops probably play those songs too).

So I take it you hated Eddie's solo on every other tour except for this one? It wasn't nearly as original as this tour.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

It's an interesting theory you have though. I guess you'd rather them not play anything except It's About Time, Learning to See & and Up for Breakfast. Since you've heard all their other stuff a million times maybe then they can kick into some sort of jam session that you've never heard before, better then hearing Panama and Poundcake for the twentieth time live (the guys in the guitars shops probably play those songs too).

So I take it you hated Eddie's solo on every other tour except for this one? It wasn't nearly as original as this tour.
    In the first part of this post, are you talking about Van Halen or people in music stores? If you're talking about people in music stores (like the one I work at) then yeah, that would be nice and refreshing to hear anything but a half-assed version of Panama. If you're talking about Van Halen, then no, a standard setlist is good enough for me.

As far as Ed's solo goes on previous tours, I enjoyed those as well. But to me, after seeing seeing 3 of his solo's live and hearing and seeing many more thanks to bootlegs, I've learned a lot more as a musician from this past tour compared to what seemed like him going through the same old motions as he did on previous tours.

If I wanted to hear "Eruption", "Cathedral" or an intro to "Mean Streets" as if it were played right off a record, I'd stay at home and listen to the record. That's what I thought was great about this past tour. What seems like "fucking up" by Ed to so many people, I take as improv and something sounds really cool.

Maybe it's just little ol' me seeing the glass half-full, but if you can grab some bootlegs of songs like "Unchained", "It's About Time" or even "Runaround" from this past your and listen to the intro's and some of the solo's, hopefully you'll know what I mean or you'll have your own opinion on it and love it even more, or hate it even more than you do now. Who knows?

My point in all this is, I was never tired of Eddie's solo's on this tour and it's one of the tracks I look most forward to listening to when I get a bootleg. It was different every night regardless of whether he was playing the same riff, or not, he's change something. On two occassions when I saw him, he said "I'm gonna do some stuff for you and if you don't like it, let me know by yelling at me or throw some tomato's..." I never seemed to see any tomato's being thrown at him.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

Wanna start a band? I'm looking for a really good keyboard player, actually! LOL

You guys aren't easy to come by.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.20 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 162 Times in 68 Posts

Time to close this one.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.