Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

05.17.12 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy is THE MAN!

First, let me preface this by saying that, for pure musical genius, I prefer the Roth days. HOWEVER, I truly believe that Sammy has proven, time and again, that he is the only lead singer IN THE WORLD that can not only coexist --but also create great music-- on an ongoing basis with the brothers Van Halen.

Based on what Sammy is saying, they will get together again sometime down the road. However, his being with the Wabos in the meantime is not a bad thing. In fact, based on his voice during the 2004 tour, I would have to say that whatever he is doing away from Van Halen (playing the the Wabos, drinking tequilla, deals with the devil ...whatever) HE NEEDS TO KEEP IT UP. I look at the Wabo's as Sammy 's way of staying sharp --and sane-- while the brothers build up the courage to venture out of the smoke-filled home studio for another tour (or interview with a Golf Magazine).

As long as Sammy's picture is still on the website, and he is quoted as saying that they will get together again in the future, that is good enough for me! Until then, I am going to queue up the Van Halen playlist on my iPod, kick back, and enjoy a great summer (and maybe even take in a Sammy show or two).

BTW- For any of you who have not tried it, listen to you favorite tunes on an iPod (preferably with a set of good headphones --Bose, etc.)... IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!!! Seriously, every time I hear Intruder, or Drop Dead Legs, or even Best of Both Worlds on my iPod, I hear something new.

Lastly, Van Halen Rules, and so does this forum--so let's keep it that way, and avoid turning into another "army-type" joke.
    Last edited by CaboTime; 05.06.05 at 10:19 AM.

Last Online

10.11.16 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Yeah he never lies

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DUNN28
    Yeah he never lies
    Is Sammy perfect? Neither am I.
    I didn't say he was perfect. What I said is that if there is any hope for the future with Van Halen, it centers on Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

like it says on the back of rhrn. what is understood need not be discussed. so maybe thats what vh is al about.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by CaboTime
    Is Sammy perfect? Neither am I.
    I didn't say he was perfect. What I said is that if there is any hope for the future with Van Halen, it centers on Sammy.
    It does not CENTER on Sammy he is not calling the shots the only thing that CENTERS on Sammy is him being in Van Halen not Van Halen being Van Halen.

And if the last three songs are the best lyrics he can come up with for the music he can retire and No I am not a rothtard or a Dave or The Graver either
    and i never said you said he or you were perfect.

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

I back you up man!!!

They will be back in 2006.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and I´ve got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It does not CENTER on Sammy he is not calling the shots the only thing that CENTERS on Sammy is him being in Van Halen not Van Halen being Van Halen.

And if the last three songs are the best lyrics he can come up with for the music he can retire and No I am not a rothtard or a Dave or The Graver either
    and i never said you said he or you were perfect.
    I think you may be missing the point. Sammy has the right personality (he doesn't seem to loathe his hardcore fans, unlike some other people in the band), his voice has held up great, and he can take or leave Van Halen. The last part is necessary because what other lead singer (they are usually known as an egotistical bunch) is going to be willing to eat the crap that the brothers force their lead singer, and Mikey, to?

Either way, you need to chill out --we are all on the same side here ..right?

Last Online

Dude I like Sammy the entertainer he is great I saw them 4 times last year and am going to see him in Detroit you are right his voice has held up.
    But....... this i'm in, i'm out crap is silly if your in your in if your out your out just spit it out cause it aint as big of deal as it use to be at least to me .

But you gotta admit the lyrics on those last 3 songs were pretty cheesy my 12 yr old could have came up with some of that crap.
    Last edited by DUNN28; 05.06.05 at 10:59 AM.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude I like Sammy the entertainer he is great I saw them 4 times last year and am going to see him in Detroit you are right his voice has held up.
    But....... this i'm in, i'm out crap is silly if your in your in if your out your out just spit it out cause it aint as big of deal as it use to be at least to me .

But you gotta admit the lyrics on those last 3 songs were pretty cheesy my 12 yr old could have came up with some of that crap.
    I absolutely agree with you on the lyrics --the three songs were utterly forgettable.

I just hope that, with time, Sammy can come up with some decent lyrics to go with the 10 or so records worth of music Eddie has ready!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboTime
    I absolutely agree with you on the lyrics --the three songs were utterly forgettable.

I just hope that, with time, Sammy can come up with some decent lyrics to go with the 10 or so records worth of music Eddie has ready!!!
    you know that when they were a band before edand al didnt write all the music and sammy just the lyrics. they all wrote the music....if they make a new album i'd rather they go in and make totally new music.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Yeah I believe a collaborative effort is needed to continue what is and will always be VH.
    BTW - Dave can write songs.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One