Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Here's my weird analogy of Sam's Career

Ok, Maybe I'm a little weird (at least my wife says so) but here's my version of a summary for Sam"s career..

Sam finds his first true love… Her name in Montrose. She sweeps him off his feet. She showcases him to the rock world like…”check my young hot date out”. Well, after a while Sam thinks Hmmm? I don’t need this chick anymore and I need some “space”. So he packs up and moves out. He’s single now and finds a relationship where he has the control…..

Her name is” Hagar Solo”. Now he’s show the rock world how much more attractive he is. She lets Sam do what ever he wants. He eventually takes custody of one of the kids “Church.” That works out good for him for many years. It’s like he’s on the top of the world. Then……

Another chick that is very attractive, seductive and very unique has just went thru a bitter divorce with ex-husband "Dave". She’s like a “Super Model.” She introduces herself to Sam…Her name is Van Halen. Sam and her instantly fall in love. Sam is determined to show the rock world that he’s better than the ex-wife. Some of the ex-wife’s friends don’t agree but a lot of others think they make a great couple. So, they have a very combatable chemistry and many say they’re one of the greatest famous couples while others still disagree. Sam also develops a special bond to the son “Mikey” Well, things are going well for quite a while but then they slowly start to grow apart. They begin getting frustrated and fight with each other. She questions Sam’s dedication. She ends up cheating on Sam with the ex-wife on a one-night fling(well they got it on twice). Sam is not happy. They split ways. Sam said she wanted the divorce, she says he walked out. In the mean time son “Mikey” is very sad and later they have joint custody.
    Now Sam’s on his own again. He’s determined to have an affair with any willing and worthy mate, and he does with the orgy “Marching to Mars”. Then... came another one....

Her name is “The Wabos” They love each other and he definitely wears the pants here. They have a good relationship. Meanwhile, The ex-wife (VH) finds new love. His name is "Gary" but it doesn’t last long and she never finds a mate that she could live with. Then….

One day the ex-wife calls up and asks to get together “for old times sake”. She (The Wabos) is not happy, but have no choice. They announce they are back as a couple. The press freaks. But, he doesn’t really get married this time. They just shack up for a while. He starts to realize “some people never change and is now back with Mrs. Wabo. Oh, and he took custody of son “Mikey”...for now.

To be continued….
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian
    Ok, Maybe I'm a little weird (at least my wife says so) but here's my version of a summary for Sam"s career..

Sam finds his first true love… Her name in Montrose. She sweeps him off his feet. She showcases him to the rock world like…”check my young hot date out”. Well, after a while Sam thinks Hmmm? I don’t need this chick anymore and I need some “space”. So he packs up and moves out. He’s single now and finds a relationship where he has the control…..

Her name is” Hagar Solo”. Now he’s show the rock world how much more attractive he is. She lets Sam do what ever he wants. He eventually takes custody of one of the kids “Church.” That works out good for him for many years. It’s like he’s on the top of the world. Then……

Another chick that is very attractive, seductive and very unique has just went thru a bitter divorce with ex-husband "Dave". She’s like a “Super Model.” She introduces herself to Sam…Her name is Van Halen. Sam and her instantly fall in love. Sam is determined to show the rock world that he’s better than the ex-wife. Some of the ex-wife’s friends don’t agree but a lot of others think they make a great couple. So, they have a very combatable chemistry and many say they’re one of the greatest famous couples while others still disagree. Sam also develops a special bond to the son “Mikey” Well, things are going well for quite a while but then they slowly start to grow apart. They begin getting frustrated and fight with each other. She questions Sam’s dedication. She ends up cheating on Sam with the ex-wife on a one-night fling(well they got it on twice). Sam is not happy. They split ways. Sam said she wanted the divorce, she says he walked out. In the mean time son “Mikey” is very sad and later they have joint custody.
    Now Sam’s on his own again. He’s determined to have an affair with any willing and worthy mate, and he does with the orgy “Marching to Mars”. Then... came another one....

Her name is “The Wabos” They love each other and he definitely wears the pants here. They have a good relationship. Meanwhile, The ex-wife (VH) finds new love. His name is "Gary" but it doesn’t last long and she never finds a mate that she could live with. Then….

One day the ex-wife calls up and asks to get together “for old times sake”. She (The Wabos) is not happy, but have no choice. They announce they are back as a couple. The press freaks. But, he doesn’t really get married this time. They just shack up for a while. He starts to realize “some people never change and is now back with Mrs. Wabo. Oh, and he took custody of son “Mikey”...for now.

To be continued….
    maybe he should stop marrying so much if its not for life

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Ok...I'm confused here...are we supposed to think that Sam's a woman or that Al & Ed look good in drag. We all know that ex-wife Dave has made a living off of it...but then again maybe it's us that look like the woman in drag...or did I miss something??
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default brain...

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian

To be continued….
    i take it you have a lot of free time on your hands.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousDooDoo
    i take it you have a lot of free time on your hands.
    Sounds like it to me.
    BTW - You're right, it is a weird analogy. Accurate somewhat, but weird nonetheless.
    Last edited by smithjc; 05.04.05 at 03:35 PM.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

I think your wife is right.
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:46 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

The ex-wife thought she had it all with Gary,he just wasn't good where it counted though and the ex-wife just couldn't be satisied.
    E.F.C - 1897

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds to me like Sammy's trying to break Elizabeth Taylor's record.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.24.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always thought a better analogy would be that of football. Sort of Sam and Montrose was that of a new franchise and Sam got the starting position. It wasn't a popular team but they were competetive none the less and it gave Sam time to gain experience and exposure. after a couple of seasons he tested free agency and wound up on another team getting a team into the playoffs and with hits like "I can't drive 55" he even gets into a championship game. Then a premire team makes an offer after there starting QB (Dave) quits. Sam gets the team into the superbowl a few times but as we all know it is hard to keep a winning team together. After the coach dies (manager) the team hires worst possible new coach that loved old qb (dave) and destroys team in order to woo the old qb back. Of course, we all know how that turned out. blah, blah, blah, after a few 4-12 seasons, team gets Sam back only to barely make playoff in only one season back.
    Overall, Sam is a starting QB who in the past won a lot of games and has some rings to go along with the success. He still has the skills and ability to win games and get a team into the playoffs. (he's got the pipes to sing!) I think if Ed and Al are back in the studio working and have a desire to make music Sam is still the guy to get it done. The only thing stopping VH is well...VH.
    If it ain't red then paint it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

This seems very gay to me.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.24.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extreme red roth
    This seems very gay to me.
    dont hold back...tell us how you really feel
    If it ain't red then paint it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

I'm sorry.

I was only kidding.

I get what you guys are saying.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy
    Ok...I'm confused here...are we supposed to think that Sam's a woman or that Al & Ed look good in drag. We all know that ex-wife Dave has made a living off of it...but then again maybe it's us that look like the woman in drag...or did I miss something??
    Damn, When I posted this my brain must of went into La La land (as my wife calls it) I read it again after I posted it and thought ... I think yesterday's salmon along with too much caffiene caused it all.

Montrose
    Hagar Solo
    Van Halen
    The Wabos

These are all "shes" in this warped analogy

But hey folks... not no pick on Pert ....Ok, to pick on Pert
    I remember he posted some twisted analogy about Van Halen's music and Itatian food. Anyone remember that?...How 'bout you Pert? That was very original and really fun to read. For me, post like these are more interesting than the "same ole" "same ole"....It's posting "outside of the box" so to speak....Ok, I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by axebrian; 05.05.05 at 05:35 AM.
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

put the joint down and step away from the computer, it will be allright son....
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

well, when i wrote the Italian food analogy, i WAS high!
    and i love this kind of post as well..its creative and interesting to read..
    and i think axe is pretty well spot on!!

why dont we start an analogy thread?
    ok, i will
    and you guys can pick on pert all you want, im game..i love busting balls and getting ball busted..

that reads ...strange..!

bring it!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)