Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sobering

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default sobering

Picture released by the U.S. Army Tuesday, May 3, 2005 shows a U.S. Army soldier comforting a child fatally wounded in a car bomb blast in Mosul, 360 km (225 miles) northwest of Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, May 2, 2005. 15 Iraqis were wounded in the combined suicide bomb attack. (AP Photo/U.S. Army)

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

But things are going just peachy over there. Whatever...pictures like this being the hard core realization that all is not well...and Mission Not Accomplished. If it were, these things wouldn't be taking place daily.

Sorry y'all, but dead adults...I can stomach and accept...but when there are little kids involved...not for one minute will I believe someone telling me that progress is made and that the mission is accomplished.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

You should talk to the Iraqi guy I met yesterday and judge whether or not progress is being made over there.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy
    But things are going just peachy over there. Whatever...pictures like this being the hard core realization that all is not well...and Mission Not Accomplished. If it were, these things wouldn't be taking place daily.

Sorry y'all, but dead adults...I can stomach and accept...but when there are little kids involved...not for one minute will I believe someone telling me that progress is made and that the mission is accomplished.
    Red, you seem like a cool guy so im probably getting the wrong impression. It seems like your using something as terrible as a child being murdered as an excuse to display your dislike for President Bush's policy's. Im sure that was not your intent but it does seem so.

Im not being a smart ass, just think you may want to clarify your comments a little better next time around man. Especially with something as touchy as this.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willy4pres
    Red, you seem like a cool guy so im probably getting the wrong impression. It seems like your using something as terrible as a child being murdered as an excuse to display your dislike for President Bush's policy's. Im sure that was not your intent but it does seem so.

Im not being a smart ass, just think you may want to clarify your comments a little better next time around man. Especially with something as touchy as this.
    Policy at this point is inconsequential. ME saying, "we shouldn't be there" at this point is also inconsequential. I'm just tired of being lied to about the progress being made over there. That picture just proves that the American public is being fed a big, heaping pile of bullshit about how it's REALLY going.

Like I said, I can handle pictures like these if they are adults. Doesn't make it nicer, just easier to accept. But when innocent children are involved in the carnage and we're told that progress is being made??? THAT is what pisses me off
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I don't see it myself. Red's making a general statement it seems.

As far as clarifying his comments and I'm not trying to be a asshole here but I ask "Why does he owe clarification to anyone?" The man is entitled to his opinion, is he not?
    All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego , brain's don't mean a shit! ~ Captain Tony Tarracino

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S. Thompson

When you figure out that you can't figure it out, your finally gettin your shit together. ~ Jimmy Buffett

http://www.myspace.com/palm_trees_and_mojitos

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Policy at this point is inconsequential. ME saying, "we shouldn't be there" at this point is also inconsequential. I'm just tired of being lied to about the progress being made over there. That picture just proves that the American public is being fed a big, heaping pile of bullshit about how it's REALLY going.
    The only person getting fed anything is you, Red...Have you read press from other countries about how successful the rebuilding is going?
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It's a little of both.

There is some support there for us and we are doing some things that are working.

We are also not getting support there and things aren't going that great.

What do you do?

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by SactoFan
    The only person getting fed anything is you, Red...Have you read press from other countries about how successful the rebuilding is going?
    Exactly. I've been pretty pissed off about how LITTLE we're hearing about how well things are going.

About a week ago, when Iraq put in their cabinet, I was fucking FLOORED at what a minor blip on the radar that was in our media. On the nightly news it came in after about 10 minutes of other stories. Some dumb bitch and her fake claim to finger in her chili was the top story I think. You want to talk about being fed bullshit?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

"progress" doesn't equal "perfection" - there's still a long row to hoe over there, and there will be more incidents such as this I'm sure, but as long as they become fewer and fewer, then progress is being made.

We still have children being killed here, too.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

The picture shows a result of a tragic event that happened over there....it doesn't suggest how it is really going though?
    Very touching picture....I am glad and fortunate it was not one of my kids.
    Just go for it!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just a side note on Iraq.

As the Jihadist/Baathist insurgency finds that closer to defeat, the WORSE and more frequent their attacks will become. Just as the Tet Offensive was the last desperate act on the North Vietnamese, things will get even uglier in Iraq over the next few months. The key is to hang in there and not turn tail as we did in Vietnam after Tet, that lead to the North's gamble paying off and their eventual victory. That inspite of the fact that we destroyed over half of the NVA and rendered the Viet Cong ineffective as a fighting force.

The other thing, the ugly thing, is that we have to hang in their because every other pro-western Arab government is watching us now. If we boogie out of there prematurely then those governments will begin to hear footsteps.

We're stuck between Iraq and a hard place.

**I've been waiting to use that pun "
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.27.07 @ 01:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Like I said, I can handle pictures like these if they are adults. Doesn't make it nicer, just easier to accept. But when innocent children are involved in the carnage and we're told that progress is being made??? THAT is what pisses me off
    OK, I stand corrected. Evidently you are so hell bent on publicly expressing your views you would use the death of a child to do so.

I don't want to argue with you, I just question your methods, I find them distasteful. Your entitled to your opinions, but I am also entitled to find them disgusting and voice it publicly.

I do find it odd that someone like you takes such offense to any of this. I can guarantee that I have been touched by this entire conflict more then yourself, yet im not angry at all by how our Government is handling any of it. If anything you should be angry with the media, they don't have to jump into bed with the Military when they go over there to do there "reporting", but there so terrified of losing Pentagon support they would do anything not to ruffle there feathers, even though it's not necessary under most circumstances.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad
    About a week ago, when Iraq put in their cabinet, I was fucking FLOORED at what a minor blip on the radar that was in our media.
    Same reaction I had to the elections in Afghanistan. There was tumbleweed coverage of that. Sound-of-crickets coverage. Nothing.

Bad news sells. It's always been that way, though.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

OK, I stand corrected. Evidently you are so hell bent on publicly expressing your views you would use the death of a child to do so.
    Well then, shame on me for wondering just what in the fuck is going on.

I don't want to argue with you, I just question your methods, I find them distasteful. Your entitled to your opinions, but I am also entitled to find them disgusting and voice it publicly.
    Unpopular opinions usually do taste a little funny. Kinda like biting in to an orange rine. If me seeing a picture of a grieving G.I., holding a dead little child in his arms and then voicing that I'm tired of the bullshit lies, pisses you off, then obviously I must be a subversive that needs to be stopped OR I have hit a nerve that you don't like being hit.

quote]I do find it odd that someone like you takes such offense to any of this. I can guarantee that I have been touched by this entire conflict more then yourself, yet im not angry at all by how our Government is handling any of it. If anything you should be angry with the media, they don't have to jump into bed with the Military when they go over there to do there "reporting", but there so terrified of losing Pentagon support they would do anything not to ruffle there feathers, even though it's not necessary under most circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Oh...so this became a contest over who has been touched more? Four people I knew personally are dead because of this war. My brother spent 18 months in country between Iraq, Afghasnistan and other operations.

And you just stated the crux of why we don't know the truth of what's REALLY going on over there and why they report on runaway brides and fingerless-finger in the chili bullshit. Because if they were to report the truth, they'd lose Pentagon support. They'd get black listed...and yes it does happen.

When my brother and I have sat and talked, he's told me time and time again that the election was a sham. He's know, he was in the thick of it, helping set up and run polling places. The candidates were hand picked by our government and the fact they just installed them, really, means very little. They are a puppet government. They hold very little, if any real power. And most of them, the people know nothing about..INCLUDING us. One person we DO know about though is Ahmed Chalabi. He was just installed as the Iraqi Oil Minister. The same guy that fed the false intel to the CIA and FBI and to Bush personally. He's a known liar and convicted criminal.

The reason I spoke up, wasn't to denounce Bush, I've done that enough. It was to say, enough of the lies and bullshit. When you see an American GI holding a dead child, you realize that things aren't going well and it's time for some REAL answers.