"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ummm...Help????

This is for all you computer geeks out there:

Is there a way that I can change the settings when attempting to right-click and save a photo?

It's always been displayed as saving a photo on any web page as a JPEG, but, somehow, regardless of the web page I'm on, it not only displays Bitmaps as the primary means of saving that photos, it also saves photos as Bitmaps *only*.

Yes, I *have* clicked on the drop-down menu when attempting to save a photo in the hopes that I can change it to JPEG, but Bitmaps is the only option displayed as being available.

I don't know how this happened, but is there a way to change it back so that JPEG is my primary means of saving a photo?

Thanks!
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Nope, yur SCREWD.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

An IT question I know the answer too!!!

This happened to me. I found this on the Microsoft Knowledgebase. I don't know how it happened, but I used method #1 to fix it.

Internet Explorer does not save graphics files in the proper format

When you click the Save Picture As button for a graphics file in Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may be able to save the file only as a .bmp file even if the file is in another format (such as GIF or JPEG). The file name may also appear as "Untitled."

CAUSE

This issue may occur if either of the following conditions is true: •This issue may occur if your Temporary Internet pages cache is full.•This issue can occur if you have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected in Tools, Options, Advanced Tab and are loading the page over a secure connection (https).For additional information about another cause for this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 250747 Right-clicking, selecting "Save picture as" does not save image with correct extension

WORKAROUND

Depending on the specific cause for your issue, use one of the following methods to work around this issue. Method 1

Delete the temporary Internet files. To do so, click Tools, click Internet Options, click the General tab, and then click the Delete Files button.

Note To locate the Temporary Internet Files folder, click Options on the Tools menu, click the General tab, and then click Settings. The current location appears in the Settings dialog box.

Method 2

To work around the problem, click Tools, click Internet Options, click the Advanced tab, click to clear the Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box, click View, and then click Refresh. The Do not save encrypted pages to disk check box is under the Security section.

STATUS

Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article.
    Last edited by sasquatch; 05.03.05 at 01:05 PM.

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tried your solution.

Didn't work.

Thanks, anyways.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When you deleted your cache did you make sure to check "delete all offline content"?? Everything i'm finding on the web for the error your getting seems to point to a damaged internet cache file....

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Problem solved, thanks!

It was a cache thing. I've never encountered something like this before, which is why I polled for assistance here.

Thanks again, everyone!