Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Marshall 5150 (again)

I know that this rumor has supposedly been debunked, but check it out...

in Guitar world Feb. 2005 the band the Haunted said that they use Marshall 5150. But we all found out later that was a misprint or something.

But in the May 2005 (Jimmy Page Physical Graffitti), Guitar World has a profile of a band called Trivium (pg. 38) It also says that they use Marshall 5150.

So what gives? you know what they say- " Once is and accident, Twice is coincidence..."

Would Guitar world make the same Mistake twice?

Interesting...
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why not just e-mail Marshall Amplification directly and ask them?

Then you can cut and paste their response here and settle the whole thing, and you can then forward that to GW magazine and let them know.

Just a thought...
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

i can see those guys making a mistake twice...i've read guitar world since it's inception and the errors in there are many...

plus, i remember 1 guy here ran into jim marshall and asked him point blank and jim said they're not working with ed...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I run 5150 heads with Marshall cabinets.
    Maybe that's what they mean?

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

I'll be willing to bet my chips that FMIC (Fender) comes out with the next EVH amp. It will be Fender, not Marshall. Do a search on www.hugeracksinc.com for EVH/Peavey. Lots of big names are on this board: Bruce Egnater, John Suhr, Lonnie Totman (Ed's guitar tech). From what I gather there, aside from some personal issues between Peavey and EVH, Eddie wasn't happy with the sales/marketing of his EVH products and thought Fender could do a better job at it (+ the $$$$$ thrown his way). Seems credible to me.
    Last edited by mk5; 05.03.05 at 09:32 AM.
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

Hot For Teacher Eddie's Little Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

05.25.07 @ 05:14 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am pretty sure you're right about Ed and Fender. I live here in the Phoenix I've heard Ed has been here a few times Lately. Including just last week.

Plus, Didn't Fender just come out with that Metal Head amp? I know Ed wont use that, but That's the first Super Hi gain amp that I know of that fender has made. So maybe they're testing thier ability to produce an amp with the type of gain structure that Ed would want.
    Last edited by Eddie's Little Monster; 05.03.05 at 11:20 AM.
    now more than ever, the world needs Eddie Van Halen
    -Alchemy

Favorite VH Album

WaCF
    Last Online

06.01.13 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trivium Rocks!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mk5
    I'll be willing to bet my chips that FMIC (Fender) comes out with the next EVH amp. It will be Fender, not Marshall. Do a search on www.hugeracksinc.com for EVH/Peavey. Lots of big names are on this board: Bruce Egnater, John Suhr, Lonnie Totman (Ed's guitar tech). From what I gather there, aside from some personal issues between Peavey and EVH, Eddie wasn't happy with the sales/marketing of his EVH products and thought Fender could do a better job at it (+ the $$$$$ thrown his way). Seems credible to me.
    Ed had a problem with PV's sales and Marketing? He's the ass that signed on the line and virtually disappeared for the vast majority of the time he was collecting royalties. Ed doesn't need an amp since I seriously doubt he will ever get his shit together enough to play anywhere. Those Charvels can't be doing that well since even the Guitar Center's (biggest guitar pimps ever) around here won't put it on the shelf. Ed was on the gravy train with PV and too arrogant to see it.. To be blunt I think its more likely PV dropped him than the other way around. The dealers around here were selling wolfgangs below cost to get them out of the store even after they announced the split and they should have been in demand as collectables.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

guitar center sucks, i dont think charvel even wants guitar center to have the EVHs...its like walmart, jsut a white trash guitar place.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvhfan
    i can see those guys making a mistake twice...i've read guitar world since it's inception and the errors in there are many...
    GW is nowhere as bad as Guitar For The Practicing Musician used to be. my five-year old nephew spells better than most of their writers did. and i hate it when the supposed experts misuse "cord" and "chord."

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dainjerus
    guitar center sucks, i dont think charvel even wants guitar center to have the EVHs...its like walmart, jsut a white trash guitar place.
    Think what you want about GC (I don't like them either) but they move a lot of product and you can bet your ass Charvel wants those instruments in those stores. I've asked every dealer I know of in a 50 mile radius and they won't touch'em because they won't sell at anything near that price. Maybe they are big out west or something but they are persona non grata in this part of the country.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thats what im saying why would charvel even want to put those evhs in guitar center, knowing damn well that they wont sell any there. I just wouldnt even think of getting a good guitar there, just think of all the greasy fingers that have played it before you. I like my guitar like my ladies, untouched. Even though im starting to get old so those days might be gone soon....

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dainjerus
    thats what im saying why would charvel even want to put those evhs in guitar center, knowing damn well that they wont sell any there. I just wouldnt even think of getting a good guitar there, just think of all the greasy fingers that have played it before you. I like my guitar like my ladies, untouched. Even though im starting to get old so those days might be gone soon....
    It doesn't matter where YOU shop. It matters that a significant number of people in general DO shop there. They NEED them there because I don't believe they are selling ANYWHERE. Period.

The market for it came and went 20 years ago. Its a good thing eddie can play a little cause if he had to survive as a business type he would be seriously fucked.

Last Online

12.31.06 @ 08:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep in mind that Musicians Friend and GC are the some company. Peavey would not sell Wolfgangs in the stores or on-line to protect the market for thier loyal dealers. When Wolfs were not moving well at the dealers, they did put them and 5150 amps on the website....just to unload them before the split. If they put anything in a GC....more of it will be sold, but it will be the only channel you have after that.....nobody wants to complete them them at a local level if possible. I cannot imagine those art Charvel's are seling at all these days.

And yes I think GC basically sucks....but you can get great deals in there if you bargain with the sales "pros"

I would not put it past Ed to try and endorse a new big name amp.....5150's always sold well becasue a lot of newer metal bands were using them also.

The guitar market is a real bitch to do anything with these days....Ed's 20 years too late to make a big splash with those so called Charvels.