Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

01.03.08 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default any been to cabo-wabo?

Me and my wife are planning on going next summer, I just wanted to know if anyone has been and is it the party I hear it is ? Was going to go this summer but wanted to save some more $ for the trip. Just in case.
    "You'll get some leg tonight"

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

Make sure you stay in Cabo San Lucas and not San Jose Del Cabo. The two towns are about 30 minutes apart.

Cabo is very pretty but they don't have the white sand beaches of someplace like Cancun. Most of the beaches have a coarse type of sand and alot of places won't let you in the water due to the currents. Bring the clubs if you play golf, they have a couple of beautiful courses. Never done it but I hear the fishing there is second to none!

IF you want to party you picked the right place. Of course Cabo Wabo, El Squid Roe and lots more. My wife and I had a good time there, just be sure and bring hangover medication, you'll probably need it.

Great place to go; however, if you want to spend a few days on the beach I would recommend someplace else. IMO

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

actually, what you REALLY want to do, is stay in one of the resorts about halfway inbetween the two towns.
    Zero crime and grime...beautiful resort rooms with spanish tile floors, a pool right next to a beach......swim up to the bar that's IN your pool...massage staff at your service...just amazing...
    I reccomend the La Jolla De Los Cabos.
    A stellar time, I assure you. Get a bungalow facing the beach.
    You rent a car, or take the bus service if you are planning on getting too hammered to drive. Comes down that hiway every 30 minutes or so till whenever it stops...a 20-25 minute bus ride (15 by car) and your in the heart of Cabo San Lucas. Park as close to the downtown as possible.
    The club itself fucking rocks. The way it's laid out is cool, and the sound inside is very cool. I never saw Sammy there, I was merely in town for a honeymoon with my first wife. Really, from top to bottom I had a great time. As you walk the street, you can buy whatEVER ya need of course. Looking like I do, I was offered weed about every 100 feet in this
    one bazaar. Enjoy the whole thing though.....stop at that little stand and HAVE one of those street tacos, they actually rock...plop a couple of bucks/a $5-spot maybe, down on the counter, and he'll just keep 'em coming till you're done...good stuff...
    go rent some jet ski's in the harbor..party at the clubs after dark....
    Have some fun.
    Last edited by LOC; 05.01.05 at 10:30 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

2 1/2 more months and I'm there

I will be going to Cabo in July for our annual trip to the "sleepy little town south of the border". This will be our fifth year in a row to go. Yes, the Cabo Wabo can be the party you've heard of, but not as likely in the summer. We go every year in July, which is their low-season. They still pack in a good crowd late at night on the weekends but it's not near as crowded and as big a party crowd as in the fall and spring.

As far as places to stay, I would have to disagree with a previous post regarding hotels in the tourist corridor (which is halfway between CSL and San Jose). If you don't rent a car, you're looking at a $25 cab ride into Cabo (one-way) where all the action is. Renting a car can be fun but very dangerous, as well. There are many many beautiful hotels built right on the main beach in Cabo (Medano Beach) where you can swim. You cannot swim on the Pacific side due to the strong under-tow but along the main beach on the Sea of Cortez side, it's fine. We stay at the Hacienda Beach Resort every year and love it. It's the only non-timeshare hotel on the main beach. It's one of the oldest, so it's has a great old Mexico charm and architecture to it. It's a beautiful property, is far enough removed from the bars of the main beach but less than a five-minute walk, and is a 5-10 min. through the marina into downtown.

It's my favorite place on earth and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have a ton of information on hotels, websites, and restaurants. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Don't know how to answer the first post, but from what I've heard from my friends is that it's an amazing place with great resorts. WIth resorts, go all inclusive if you can. You'll save a lot of money and have more fun in the long run.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles
    As far as places to stay, I would have to disagree with a previous post regarding hotels in the tourist corridor (which is halfway between CSL and San Jose). If you don't rent a car, you're looking at a $25 cab ride into Cabo (one-way) where all the action is. Renting a car can be fun but very dangerous, as well.
    My wife and I are also heading down in July. I respectfully disagree with the above, though. We've stayed at Melia Cabo Real, a gorgeous resort right in between the two towns, three times now. And we have yet to rent a car or call a taxi.

The answer is taking the bus. It runs between the towns every 10 to 20 minutes. You wait at the stop, pay a buck, and ride into town with a great mix of people - locals, tourists, cute lil' Mexican kids. It's a unique experience.

Only downfall is the buses quit running at 11 p.m., so if you're planning a late night of partying, you're forced to catch a cab. Solution: Head in for an early dinner, party until the last minute, take the bus to your world-class resort, and finish the party with your wife in the suite.

At least that's what I like to do!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by te5150
    My wife and I are also heading down in July. I respectfully disagree with the above, though. We've stayed at Melia Cabo Real, a gorgeous resort right in between the two towns, three times now. And we have yet to rent a car or call a taxi.

The answer is taking the bus. It runs between the towns every 10 to 20 minutes. You wait at the stop, pay a buck, and ride into town with a great mix of people - locals, tourists, cute lil' Mexican kids. It's a unique experience.

Only downfall is the buses quit running at 11 p.m., so if you're planning a late night of partying, you're forced to catch a cab. Solution: Head in for an early dinner, party until the last minute, take the bus to your world-class resort, and finish the party with your wife in the suite.

At least that's what I like to do!
    That sounds like our kind of evening in Cabo! When will you be F.D.I.C.? A few months ago someone else was on here mentioning they'd be down during July. If we're all down there the same time, maybe be could meet up at the Cabo Wabo for a drink.

By the way...is the Melia Cabo Real now called Dreams Los Cabos?
    Last edited by KT; 05.01.05 at 05:12 PM.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles
    That sounds like our kind of evening in Cabo! When will you be F.D.I.C.? A few months ago someone else was on here mentioning they'd be down during July. If we're all down there the same time, maybe be could meet up at the Cabo Wabo for a drink.

By the way...is the Melia Cabo Real now called Dreams Los Cabos?

I think that was me you're talking about. We're trying to finalize our plans now, and if everything goes well, we'll be FDIC July 23-30.

Not sure about the Melia. On our last trip, we bought a time-share at the new resort right next door, so that's where we're staying from here out. Awesome swimming beach. I can't wait.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by te5150
    I think that was me you're talking about. We're trying to finalize our plans now, and if everything goes well, we'll be FDIC July 23-30.

Not sure about the Melia. On our last trip, we bought a time-share at the new resort right next door, so that's where we're staying from here out. Awesome swimming beach. I can't wait.
    Our flights and hotels are booked. We'll be there Jul. 17-26.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

05.17.12 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and I were just in Cabo a couple of weeks ago --we love it there!

First off, the only place we ever stay is the Hacienda Beach Resort. While it is not a Four Seasons, what it lacks in luxury it makes up for in ambiance and location --the beach is the best in Cabo (or all of Western Mexico, for that matter), the service is great. Most of all, it is only a short walk to the Marina, and then not too much further to Cabo Wabo.

The advice to stay in Cabo San Lucas rather than San Jose Del Cabo is well founded (especially if you are looking to enjoy the nightlife at, and around, Cabo Wabo). However, be prepared to get ripped off during the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel (for two people it is $75.00 one-way). You could take the bus, but this can take nearly two hours before you are at your hotel. So we just pay the money and tell them to get us to Cabo --now! (You almost have to be this way, as the timeshare people are very pushy, and can be deceptive). They will try and sell you on some B.S. time share deal (if you go to it, they will refund your ride from the airport). However, once you are in Cabo, life is good --and you likely won't need another taxi ride until you are leaving for the airport.

They serve you complimentary Margaritas and cold towels upon check in at the Hacienda, and view of Land's End is unebelievable! There are some great restaurants nearby, and the list of things to do is almost endless --I know it sounds "old lady-ish," but take one of the $6 glass-bottom boat rides out to Land's End. We are younger, and always go Jet Skiing, Parasailing, etc., but the glass bottom boat ride is still very cool (where else can you see the end of land, along with an amazing natural arch and a group of indigenous seals?)

Cabo Wabo itself, to me, is almost shrine-like. There is VH and Sammy memorablia all over (looking at the Warner Bros. 60 Million Album Sales plaque is a goosebump moment), and the atmosphere is very cool. I recommend that you go there at least once during the day, so that you can take in all of the stuff on the walls, and maybe play a quiet game of pool, or sip a Waborita outside on their patio.

I hope you have a great trip, and feel free to PM me with any additional questions.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

[QUOTE=CaboTime]My wife and I were just in Cabo a couple of weeks ago --we love it there!QUOTE]

Nice! End of story! lol

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

I agree, you should stay in Cabo San Lucas.
    Awesome place. The Cabo Wabo is like a museum to most Van Halen fans.
    Have a good time. You should try to book it at a time when Sammy will be there. He's got his birthday bash every October.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812
    I agree, you should stay in Cabo San Lucas.
    Awesome place. The Cabo Wabo is like a museum to most Van Halen fans.
    I believe the term is "MECCA".

It's FANTASTIC. By FAR one of the COOLEST places on Earth that I've been. Worth EVERY penny. I swear you won't want to come back. I didn't. I'm STILL trying to figure out how to make a living down there...
    Last edited by sixstring; 05.03.05 at 11:38 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:41 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Stayed in Cabo last September with about 10 people in our group. We decided to rent a 7 bedroom house in Pedregal, (www.pedregal.com) a community on the mountainside in Cabo overlooking the bay and marina. Highly recommend this if you are with a good group who all gets along.

The house was about 6500 sq/ft. I felt like Tony Montana may have frequented this place, it was killer! LOL The Cantina is a great place. I highly recommend it, especially for the fans. A lot of good bars in the area and the margaritas kick ass.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

[QUOTE=CaboTime]My wife and I were just in Cabo a couple of weeks ago --we love it there!

First off, the only place we ever stay is the Hacienda Beach Resort. While it is not a Four Seasons, what it lacks in luxury it makes up for in ambiance and location --the beach is the best in Cabo (or all of Western Mexico, for that matter), the service is great. Most of all, it is only a short walk to the Marina, and then not too much further to Cabo Wabo.

Cool!!! It's nice to read about someone else loving the Hacienda as much as we do. We're like you, that's the only place we stay anymore. I felt like I was there after reading your post. Only 2 1/2 more months to go until we're face down in Cabo.
    Meet me in Cabo!