Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default How can you leave someone when you love them?

I think I'm wanting to end my over year and a half relationship, my first really serious one.

I still love her, I just don't feel like it's working.

It's so goddamn difficult, knowing that I still love her and yet knowing that a big part of me doesn't want to be with her any more.

How am I supposed to know when love is not enough?
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Think of this way man. Try to think of how you would feel if you were sitting there and she wasn't your girlfriend anymore. Would it break your heart, or do you think you'd be okay with it? There's that saying I've heard a million times, "I still love you, but I'm not in love with you." I think that just means that you still care about the person, but they don't do for you what they used to. And if that's how you feel about it, then maybe you should think about breaking it off before you waste a lot of time in what turns out to be meaningless. If you're meant to be together, then you'll end up together, but if you don't want to be with someone anymore, then you shouldn't stay with them just because. Good luck.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx

Then what is?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWalkinIn
    Think of this way man. Try to think of how you would feel if you were sitting there and she wasn't your girlfriend anymore. Would it break your heart, or do you think you'd be okay with it? There's that saying I've heard a million times, "I still love you, but I'm not in love with you." I think that just means that you still care about the person, but they don't do for you what they used to. And if that's how you feel about it, then maybe you should think about breaking it off before you waste a lot of time in what turns out to be meaningless. If you're meant to be together, then you'll end up together, but if you don't want to be with someone anymore, then you shouldn't stay with them just because. Good luck.
    That's probably good advice. You have to do what's best for you. The worst thing is when you REALLY love someone, would do anything for them, but for some reason they just don't or can't love you back. If it's not working for you, then it's not. But I don't believe there is a "true love" for everyone -- a mutual love. Love takes work and both people have to work at it or it's no good. Good luck!
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad
    Then what is?

Don't always belieeee--ee-ieve.....all you need is love

Yeah, that's a good question man. But sometimes it seems like it aint enough. Two people can love each other very much but not think that they can stay together (as my parents do).

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's good advice bro. Problem is, I think it WOULD break my heart to not be with her. But it's also really not going well with her either. Damned either way.....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VANHALEN2004TOUR
    Go sew your oats.

First of all I've forgotten how to crochet, second of all, yarn won't hold oats together

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue
    That's probably good advice. You have to do what's best for you. The worst thing is when you REALLY love someone, would do anything for them, but for some reason they just don't or can't love you back.
    That's a bitch too aint it? I've been there, for sure
    Last edited by janthraxx; 04.30.05 at 10:00 PM.

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's good advice bro. Problem is, I think it WOULD break my heart to not be with her. But it's also really not going well with her either. Damned either way.....
    Then if you feel that way you should work your hardest to make it work. Then if it doesn't, you can end it and know that you did everything possible and that it just wasn't meant to be.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., Fair Warning, WACF,1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.10.05 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Then if you feel that way you should work your hardest to make it work. Then if it doesn't, you can end it and know that you did everything possible and that it just wasn't meant to be.
    Yeah, and my opinion ain't worth much, but if it's worth working out, do it, otherwise not. You need to sit down and have a serious talk with her, say that you will both fix things that make the other mad, and try to work on them. Also if your spending too much time together, try to go out a little more without her from time to time, or if your not seeing enough of her, spend more time, even if it means less time on here

Hope I helped, just a kid's opinion.
    "The wold doesent revolve around DLR, but I like to think so" DLR May 1984

www.vhcrossingover.tk

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I don't have any advice for you, jan...But, I've been married for 10 years and for as much as I love my wife there are times when it's "really not going well."

Love is hard work, my man...
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That's the main reason why I don't rush into having a gfriend after my last year's breakup. I have a lot of love without it...

I don't know Jan, I have a little distorted view on opposite sex relationships to give you a good advice. But love gets stale after time and there must be something else in a person to keep both together. If there are only memories left - it better stay as memories alone. Because if you question this here there must be something not right. Although you don't sound like you're quitting for somebody else, maybe I'm wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children 1st
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

I think I'm wanting to end my over year and a half relationship, my first really serious one.

I still love her, I just don't feel like it's working.

It's so goddamn difficult, knowing that I still love her and yet knowing that a big part of me doesn't want to be with her any more.

Thraxx, you're a twenty year old male living in Southern California. Check me if I'm wrong, but don't you go to UCI? Dude, I was you about 16 years ago. Don't fuck up your early twenties by being involved. Move to Newport Beach (if you don't already) and tap as much ass as humanly possible. Don't worry about one girl. You are way too young for that. Trust me, being a single guy in Newport in my early twenties was unbelievable. You have that chance. Don't fuck it up....
    Last edited by HippieLettuce; 05.01.05 at 12:36 AM.
    Ni h-eibhneas gam Chlainn Domhnaill

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

First of all, I'm not exactly a raging stud.......couldn't get 'em if I tried.

anyway, it doesn't matter any more.......none of it matters.

I GUESS I NEEDED HELP DECIDING, BECAUSE I SPENT THE NIGHT TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT, AND I'M FAIRLY POSITIVE SHE IS CHEATING ON ME Is this what it feels like to have your heart stomped on?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Is this the one you met at a Led Zepplin tribute band concert? If I remember right, she was with another guy at the time. If I'm wrong, disregard all of this.

People are creatures of habit. If she's feeling that things between you and her are hard right now, she's probably doing what she's done in the past when things got hard. That's not to excuse whatever she may be doing, though.

Talk to her. Tell her what you're feeling, and what you're afraid of. See how she reacts. If you have suspicions now, you'll sort out the truth.

Ain't nothing easy about being in a relationship when you're young, except for getting in them. No matter what happens, act in a way you can be proud of.
    Last edited by MikeL; 05.01.05 at 03:16 AM.