Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default 200,000 Miles, Beeaatch!!

I put 200,000 miles on my Nissan pickup. Bought it back in 1992 and it's still running great.

Fine Tennessee craftmanship.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being / SGMAD
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats bro!!....how much longer you gonna keep it??? you must be attached to the thing....
    Van Halen Is: Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone

They will be back.....

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

That's cool! I love hearing about milestone mileages.

My Honda Accord has about 74,000 on it......I got it a little over 3 years ago, and I've put 42,000 on it. I hope it lasts to 200K+ if I keep it that long!
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

My volvo 850 just turned 204k. Beat that.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

03.03.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 25 Times in 4 Posts

Sweet, dude.

Cheers to the rides!

Favorite VH Album

=\//-/=
    Favorite VH Song

Black and Blue
    Last Online

01.14.12 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I have 231,000 on my 1994 Land rover Defender 90. I bought it new. Just took the top off for the summer yesterday and hit the bars with my buddy blastin' VH.
    =\//-/=

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:45 PM
    Liked 11,592 Times in 4,941 Posts

Geez I thought my wife's old '91 Accord EX that I use to commute to work had a lot of miles at 186,000.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Default 7,000 'til 200,000

I'm just over 193,000 on my '95 Ford Contour. I'm hoping I can limp it over 200,000. It's a little sick at the moment.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My buddy a couple years ago (that's the last I heard) had 217,000 on his '91 Accord.

My friends' mom had 235,000 on her Acura when I last heard, and she was still driving it many months later!

StevieD--It's from going to all those concerts man!
    Last edited by janthraxx; 04.30.05 at 11:53 AM.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my '90 Sundance had 174,000 miles on it when i sold it. probably coulda got 200k but i quit driving it once i got the Jeep.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm planning on keeping her as long as I can. The plan is to save up to at least 50% to 75% of the price of the next vehicle, lower payments that way. I'm looking at a Subaru station wagon or just another Nissan truck.

Funny story about the truck:

I was at the dealership to have my first truck serviced. Killing time while waiting I decided to check out the new vehicles. At some point a salesman spotted me as the sucker/idiot that I was and before I know it, I'm filling out paperwork on this beast. I honestly didn't think they'd find anybody who'd finance me, big mistake, there are plenty of folks who will finance you but you are going to pay. My payments on the first truck were $149, the new one doubled me to $329. Oooops!
    Standard 5 year plan, I figured at the time that I could justify this because I was applying to the Highway Patrol and it never occurred to me that I wouldn't get hired on. I also figured that I'd at least get a raise from my employer. Neither happened. I swore I'd keep the truck for at least 15 years because it was such a struggle to make payments at times over the five years. Every day I walk out to my truck it's a reminder that I'm capable of doing som really stupid stuff and that I should think things through before I make a commitment.

That said, this has been a great truck. 4 cylinder, King-Cab that gets 27 to 30 MPG. The tape deck crapped out about four years ago so I only have the radio, which suits me fine for now. It's been driven from Carmel, CA, to Las Vegas four times, Tahoe once and Dallas, TX, once. I also boogie up to Santa Cruz , San Jose and Oakland every once in a while.
    It's been hit once, by - you guessed it - an SUV w/woman driver on cell phone. Tailgate dented (it was down, thank God) and no longer opens. Has a number of self-inflicted dents, including one to the forward wall that makes the hood a chore to open. Had a dent in the passenger-side door from a deer impact. Took it out with a plunger. I've changed the headlights maybe six sets, plus unknown numers of tail-lights and turn-signal lights. Three batteries. Four sets of tires. Needs a new windshield.

The only down-sides are that the truck is light and handle's poorly in high winds. She's nose-heavy and will fishtail if I have to break suddenly.

I'm planning to send a picture to Nissan this week.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I have had a couple of cars get up there in miles (maybe around 100,000 anyway) but then it seemed like I was going to be paying as much to maintain them as it would to just get a new vehicle. How has it been for those of you that have kept your vehicles that long?

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Usually when it is time to change the tires, I get a new car. Although I just sold my "baby" last week. It was a 97 Ram with a mere 57,000 on it. It was a good truck.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    I have had a couple of cars get up there in miles (maybe around 100,000 anyway) but then it seemed like I was going to be paying as much to maintain them as it would to just get a new vehicle. How has it been for those of you that have kept your vehicles that long?
    i didn't really have any major work done on my Sundance, and most of the work i did myself. only thing it went to the shop for was a fuel pump (well over 100k), front wheel bearings, a broken hub, and a steering rack replacement. i did go through three batteries and four sets of tires (two sets 14 inch and two sets 15 inch), Eagle Aquatreds tend to wear quickly. i beat the everlovin' shit outta that car, routinely ran it to 90+ MPH. did all the oil changes, brake jobs, and tuneups myself too. oh, yeah, replaced the struts once.

so far the Jeep's got 98k. i'm on the second set of tires. had a bad turn signal switch replaced under warranty...other than a cracked exhaust manifold (common on Wranglers) and broken swaybar links, i haven't had many problems. i have an O2 sensor i need to replace, and a dead bulb behind the speedo that i'll get to now that the weather's getting better. still on the original battery, but i may be proactive and get a new one before the winter.

i got real good at replacing alternators and starters on my old GM junkers. three starters on the Chevette i got from my mom, and two starters and six (!) alternators on the Citation i had after that. plus a radiator on the Citation and one on the Caprice Classic i had...rebuilt the carb on the Caprice too. those three POS really nickeled and dimed my ass.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 05.01.05 at 11:19 AM.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    In the case of my Contour, I've had it about 7 1/2 years, and I don't even think I've spent $1,000 on it. I need to get a catalytic converter, but when they want $500 for one, (special deal, can't put a universal on it. ) it's just going to have to wait.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)