Register

Thread: /BeatallicA\

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default /BeatallicA\

BEATALLICA Web Site To Return Next Week; Live Appearances Planned
    With their legal issues nearly resolved, BEATALLICA's web site is (almost) back up and running. The band has announced that /BeatallicA\.org will return on May 6 and that the group plans to hit the road for shows in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Wisconsin soon to play its patented blend of BEATLES tunes in a METALLICA style. When the site relaunches, it will have tunes and lyrics from previous releases "A Garage Dayz Nite" and "The Gray Album", but the status of new material is still currently in limbo.

Host--Lars came to your aid when Sony sent BeatallicA a "cease and desist" letter to stop the spread of you music online, What kinds of advice did he give?

JAYMZ--His advice was really more encouragement and being willing to direct us to the right folks to talk to. He offered up the services of Metallica's attorney, Peter Paterno. Both of them have been just great to us. We've actually received good advice and have a whole bunch of new knowledge thanks to a seminar at Harvard University we just did. All those lawyers surrounded by musicians makes for great conversation and discussion of the issues the recording industry finds itself in today. Things like downloading, the internet as a whole, file sharing, technology, and more....

Michael Tierney of METALLICA/BEATLES cover band BEATALLICA spoke to MTV.com about receiving help from METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich in their dispute with the Sony Corporation over BEATALLICA's "unlawful use" of the group's compositions "without authorization or license."

"Both of us want this to officially be over," Tierney told MTV.com. "Our legal team, with the help of Lars and his lawyers, have been in contact with the Sony folks and we're in the process of making sure everything's square."

Tierney, 35, an occupational therapist by day, said he was pleasantly surprised when Ulrich called him a few weeks ago. "METALLICA have been following what we've been up to for the past year and they've talked about us in a few magazine interviews and I got word three weeks ago that Lars wanted to contact us to talk," said Tierney. "He called me at home and we had several conversations about it and he said what he'd be willing to do for moral support and also as far as being more active in the situation. What really impressed me was that he was calling from his vacation with his family in Colorado. Nobody of his stature needs to take time out from their vacation to do that."

"The Internet is a swamp of piracy, so you send out cease-and-desist letters all the time," METALLICA lawyer Peter Paterno said. "Someone at Sony probably saw this site and sent out a letter and once they realized what was on it they decided it was not something worth picking a fight over. They got that this is different from someone selling BEATLES CDs and not paying royalties."

Parody band forced offline by Sony publishers
    By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON, March 2 (Reuters) - They combine the classic melodies of the Beatles with the heavy-metal thunder of Metallica, but the rock band Beatallica certainly isn't music to Sony Corp.'s ears.

Sony's publishing arm, which owns the rights to the Beatles catalog, has ordered the Milwaukee band to take down its Web site and pay unspecified damages for recording songs like "Leper Madonna" and "Got to Get You Trapped Under Ice."

Beatallica says it is not ripping off Beatles songs, but parodying them in a loving tribute that is protected by copyright laws.

The Web site has been taken offline while the band considers its legal options.

"I think they're being very shortsighted. The amount of income that we generate from this is minuscule. None of us are quitting our day jobs," said David Dixon, the band's "Webmaster of Puppets."

Beatallica formed in 2001 as a one-off Metallica tribute band for a local festival, but soon hit upon the idea of adapting Beatles songs to Metallica's heavy-metal format.

Dixon posted their songs online, attracting fan mail from all over the world.

Dixon estimates that more than 1 million copies of the band's songs have been downloaded for free or traded through online file-sharing networks.

The band hired lawyers to make sure it did not run afoul of copyright and trademark laws.

But on February 24, Beatallica received a letter from Sony/ATV Music Publishing demanding that the band take down its Web site and pay Sony "an amount to be discussed."

"Such uses of Sony/ATV compositions without the express authorization or license has caused and continues to cause substantial and irreparable injury, and is in direct violation of Sony/ATV's rights," the letter said. Sony/ATV director of legal affairs Andrew Sanders, who wrote the letter, did not return several calls for comment.

While the site remains offline, the band's songs can be easily found through offshore Web sites. Nearly 6,000 supporters have signed an online petition demanding Sony drop the case. Dixon said the band had even created new Beatles fans.

"We've had many people who've written to the site, especially young headbangers, who have said, 'I've always hated the Beatles' music, but I think I'm going to check it out now,'" he said. "It's a bit of an outreach project crossing generations."

(c) 2005 Reuters.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Jun 12, 2007
    Metallica and the Beatles Collide!

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/m...eatles_collide

Although the Beatles certainly had some “heavy” moments (“Helter Skelter,” “Revolution” or “I Want You (She’s So Heavy),” anyone?), they are certainly not considered a metal band. And on the other side of the coin, Metallica is not considered a pop band. But then along comes Beatallica, and the lines between both acts have been erased—as heard throughout their first official, fully authorized album, Sgt. Hetfield’s Motorbreath Pub Band. Comprised of members Jaymz Lennfield (vocals, guitar), Grg Hammettson (guitar), Kliff McBurtney (bass) and Ringo Larz (drums), Beatallica has been converting naysayers into believers for years by this point—having made fans throughout the world, and also with such renowned headbangers as Dream Theater’s Mike Portnoy and Anthrax’s Scott Ian.

Originally coming to the attention of headbangers everywhere with their initial internet phenomenon story, Beatallica has signed on with the Universal/Fontana distributed label Oglio Records, to release the fully authorized Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band on July 10. As evidenced by such song titles as "And Justice for All My Loving," "Leper Madonna" and "Ktulu (He's So Heavy)," the quartet's knack for combining both these music giants together remains as sharp as ever. Not just a studio creation, Beatallica has amassed a huge following—known as the Beatallibangers—throughout the world due to their fun, hard rocking live show, as they've played shows with such metal heavy weights as Motorhead, and have even headlined open-air festivals themselves. Further U.S. and Euro live dates beckon, as well as video clips for the single "Revol-ooh-tion" and "A Garage Dayz Nite."

Complete tracklisting for Sgt. Hetfield’s Motorbreath Pub Band:

1. Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
    2. Revol-ooh-tion
    3. Blackened the U.S.S.R.
    4. Sandman
    5. Helvester of Skelter
    6. A Garage Dayz Nite
    7. Anesthesia (I'm Only Sleeping)
    8. Leper Madonna
    9. Ktulu (He's So Heavy)
    10. For Horsemen
    11. Hey Dude
    12. Sgt. Hetfield's (Reprise)
    13. …And Justice for All My Loving

BEATALLICA TOUR DATES

U.S. DATES

May 21 2007 Private Party Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Jun 4 2007 Private Party Chicago, Illinois
    Jun 22 2007 San Diego Co. Fair San Diego, CA
    Jun 23 2007 San Diego Co. Fair San Diego, CA
    Jun 24 2007 San Diego Co. Fair San Diego, CA
    Jul 5 2007 Jigsaw Saloon, Cleveland OH
    Jul 6 2007 RPMS, Pittsburgh PA
    Jul 7 2007 B.B. King’s, New York NY

INTERNATIONAL DATES

Apr 28 Knaak Berlin
    Apr 29 Hirsch Nuernberg
    Apr 30 Kings of Metal Festival Arnheim
    May 2 Waerdse Tempel Heerhugowaard
    May 3 Prime Club Koln (Cologne)
    May 4 La Maroquinerie Paris
    May 5 UNIversum Stuttgart
    May 6 Szene Wien (Vienna)
    May 8 Nachtleben Frankfurt
    May 9 Matrix Bochum
    May 10 Pottrock Scheinfeld
    May 11 Tante Ju Dresden
    May 12 Musikzentrum Hannover
    May 13 Molotow Hamburg
    May 16 Riders Cafe Lubeck
    May 17 Underworld London/Camden
    Jul 20 Earthshaker Festival Rieden
    Jul 21 Stapelfelder Open Air Cloppenburg
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

No Remorseful Reply

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

sgt. Hetfields Motorbreath club band

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

this is god awful

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    this is god awful
    Yeah, and I saw 'em last year. Sammy Hagar headlined Loopfest here, and Beatallica was on the bill. Off Broadway and Eric Johnson were also on the bill, both of which I really enjoyed. But I found myself cringing at Beatallica.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So is anyone else going to the tribute band show at BB King's (NYC) tomorrow night, featuring Fair Warning and Beatallica?
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

03.02.08 @ 04:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I heard this yesterday on iTunes, it had me laughing my ass off. Some clever stuff.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're fucking brilliant! I couldn't believe how well they pulled it all off when I saw them live on Saturday night. The bass player is a monster! Nice guys too. We talked to them at the bar for a while...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Hey Dude (4:08)
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

These fellows have a rather crappy batting average (truth be told, they rarely even hit their weight) yet this one isn't all that bad.

Beatallica "And justice for all my loving" (1:44)

Fairly remarkable James Hetfield impression, in my opinion.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw