Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.18.06 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Who here want's a CVH CD and tour

Ok, put aside the whole Sammy and Dave debate. Its old, and it get's annoying.. Sam is good solo, yes? Dave is good solo, even thou most songs are van halen songs.. Either way, these guys have money anyway... Anyway, as a fan of both. Would love to see sammy solo, and do his cabo thing. Its his thing... As for van halen.. I want to see a classic vh tour with dave. They would have a new cd hopefully, we would get to hear old songs being played, and they would get into the hall of fame. Now, i know everyone has differences, but who want's to see this happen??? I know it may never happen, but if you had a choice to see it, would you say yes??? I sure as hell would!!!!!!!! And i think the majority of the public would.. People don't hate sammy, but dave has this legacy.. And people want to see dave.. Its like something they need to just have one more time. I dunno, that's what i've observed whenever talking to people about van halen..
    were back and going to paint it"red on black" =)

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.11.15 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This very topic is old.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightupthesky22
    Ok, put aside the whole Sammy and Dave debate. Its old, and it get's annoying.. Sam is good solo, yes? Dave is good solo, even thou most songs are van halen songs.. Either way, these guys have money anyway... Anyway, as a fan of both. Would love to see sammy solo, and do his cabo thing. Its his thing... As for van halen.. I want to see a classic vh tour with dave. They would have a new cd hopefully, we would get to hear old songs being played, and they would get into the hall of fame. Now, i know everyone has differences, but who want's to see this happen??? I know it may never happen, but if you had a choice to see it, would you say yes??? I sure as hell would!!!!!!!! And i think the majority of the public would.. People don't hate sammy, but dave has this legacy.. And people want to see dave.. Its like something they need to just have one more time. I dunno, that's what i've observed whenever talking to people about van halen..
    Dude I think you made a wrong turn somewhere. Were you looking for VH Links or the DLR Army? It's 2005 not 1985 (the year DLR QUIT the band, remember?).
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I'd love to see it , if for no other reason , than to stop these threads !

No offense , dude !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lightupthesky22
    are you saying if it happened would i want to see it? sure....but i wouldn't prefer it by any means. sammy is the best fit at this point in time and he's who i want there.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

All Of Them
    Last Online

02.17.12 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150
    Dude I think you made a wrong turn somewhere. Were you looking for VH Links or the DLR Army? It's 2005 not 1985 (the year DLR QUIT the band, remember?).
    So '86 is ok but '85 is not. And if I read between the lines, it seems like you're suggesting, fans of the Dave era should go to the army?

This site was built by a Dave fan, just as Van Halen was built by the Dave era.
    Last edited by CHRIS; 04.19.05 at 06:59 PM.
    This Member:Van Halen Fan EST. 1978

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Yeah I would like to see VH with DLR just because I never had the chance to see them together, but I'm happy with Sammy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

I would go see Eddie play with Wayne Newton singing !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

05.23.09 @ 06:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For the love of God lets find something else to talk about. Sometimes I wish Van Halen would just put out a two sentance statement and tell us what is really going on so all of these bull shit theories of Van Halen touring with who knows can be put to rest. The reality of it all is most likely that Sammy hasn't talked to anyone but Mike since the tour ended.

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everybody wants some, i want some too! It would be nice to hear the songs from the first 6 albums again (after all, that was the highlight of the 1998 tour).

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:31 PM
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk
    I would go see Eddie play with Wayne Newton singing !
    Danke schoen...oh whoa whoa...let me show you...how to make the best of what you hold in hand...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS
    This site was built by a Dave fan, just as Van Halen was built by the Dave era.

Last I checked, Brett was a Van Halen fan who appreciates both eras of the band equally.

I could see this thread turning ugly...quickly...so let me just say this.

Anyone who wants Ed to do something against his own will is just asking for trouble. These requests to return to yesteryear are selfish ploys to regain ones youth. In the end, music is art, and when we demand musicans and artists go into a certain direction, then all creativity is thrown out the window.

I'd like the band to continue to make music that they like.

While VH3 may not be the greatest disc in the world, I find it hard to beleive that can't admit that some of those tunes were a step in a new direction for the band. A tune like "From Afar" had new sonic qualites that I don't remember exisiting in a tune from VH. Not a typical rock tune at all....didn't fit the rock formula.

IAT and LTS are decent tunes.....I'd love to see where they take it from there.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.18.06 @ 04:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow times change.. A lot of you would of loved to see a dlr reunion.. Maybe sammy, and dave are better on they're own. I'm not saying sammy is out of the band, but from recent interviews, it doesn't sound like he wants to really do another tour in the near future.. I mean, he said tour, and didn't even mention new music.. I don't think sam is into the whole making an entire record, and trying to get it to sell, anymore.. Anyway, i'm gonna be seeing sammy, and dave this summer.. What more can you ask for? Sure, a van halen tour would be nice, but this is pretty damn close.. Kinda like the sam and dave tour.. If i get both of em every summer, that's fine by me... I would just love to see the classic lineup one more time.. I know a lot of you are against it.. I just would want to see it, because i never saw it before.. VH3 wasen't bad musically.. Its down point was that it had no direction.. I think with more time in the studio, and better production.. It would have kicked some serious ass.. Musically, its some of the best stuff edward has done.. Some of the solo's on that cd were incredible. How many say I, killed the disc.. Along with some others, but musically, it was amazing.. I didn't mean to cause wide spread panic.. I guess seeing sammy with vh was fun, and now i wanna see dave at the helm for a round.. Sorry guys!!!
    Last edited by Lightupthesky22; 04.19.05 at 08:14 PM.
    were back and going to paint it"red on black" =)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think I'd love a VH show with Roth....but I guess it would kill any future forward progress with the band....talkin' 'bout turnin' the clocks back.

If I could get some new shit from them like MWM and CGTSNM, then I'd be cool.....just don't tour and play those same 6 albums....I want the creativity to continue.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

03.26.17 @ 05:05 AM
    Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts

If I have said it once I will say it again and again... DAVE OR THE GRAVE FOR VH BABY