Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Stern this morning all over VH

Man, Stern was all over VH this morning. He came back from a break playing some Van Halen, and said something like, "I should be the new singer." Robin said they didn't need a singer, because they'd gotten back together with Sammy. Howard said, "No, Sammy can't stand those guys. And those guys can't stand Sammy." I'm sure this was just Howard talking out of his bum, but then again, doesn't Howard talk to Sam and Ed occasionally? It's probably nothing, but with the large periods of downtime in the VH camp, any little tidbit and speculation is interesting. Sort of.

Then, later in the show, Howard played a new phony phone call by the guy that does a spot-on DLR. He kept calling this guy about a used car, and the guy got madder and madder. After he hung up on him about the 4th time, fake Diamond Dave called the guy back, and the guy says, "Aren't you the same guy who's been calling me?" And fake DLR says, "Don't know what you're talking about man, this is Sammy Hagar!" You'd have to hear it, but it was damned funny!
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Same thing here in Boston radio... WAAF played one Hagar solo tune, one DLR-EAS solo tune and then a VH w/Roth song within a 90 minute period around 10am today...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

02.26.17 @ 05:10 PM
    Liked 68 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by only letters and numbers
    Man, Stern was all over VH this morning. He came back from a break playing some Van Halen, and said something like, "I should be the new singer." Robin said they didn't need a singer, because they'd gotten back together with Sammy. Howard said, "No, Sammy can't stand those guys. And those guys can't stand Sammy." I'm sure this was just Howard talking out of his bum, but then again, doesn't Howard talk to Sam and Ed occasionally? It's probably nothing, but with the large periods of downtime in the VH camp, any little tidbit and speculation is interesting. Sort of.

Then, later in the show, Howard played a new phony phone call by the guy that does a spot-on DLR. He kept calling this guy about a used car, and the guy got madder and madder. After he hung up on him about the 4th time, fake Diamond Dave called the guy back, and the guy says, "Aren't you the same guy who's been calling me?" And fake DLR says, "Don't know what you're talking about man, this is Sammy Hagar!" You'd have to hear it, but it was damned funny!
    i think it's just the usual stern crap...i doubt sammy would ever say anything to stern like that because he knows it would end up on the air and i'm pretty sure ed and howard AREN'T that tight...
    let's be real...EVH was GOD

Runnin' might put too much focus on the fact that there's a little kid on bass - knuck

I see three bona fide ROCK GODS, and then somebody's kid. - CaboTime

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

It's hardly news. Sammy doesn't get along with Ed and Al. Who cares? I'm not looking for Sam to be best man at Al's next wedding or for he and Ed to go see a movie together. Can they have a working relationship? That's all that matters. A little tension may even be good for the songwriting process.
    Last edited by Menlow; 04.18.05 at 04:15 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow
    It's hardly news. Sammy doesn't get along with Ed and Al. Who cares? I'm not looking for Sam to be best man at Al's next wedding or for he and Ed to go see a movie together. Can they have a working relationship? That's all that matters. A little tension may even be good for the songwriting process.

i agree, and "HUmans Being" is a good example of this.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's hardly news. Sammy doesn't get along with Ed and Al. Who cares?
    Exactally.

I don't want to watch em go bowling and talk about their yards. I want them to rock.

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 06:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fair Warning proved that!

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning Rocks!
    Fair Warning proved that!
    Oh yeah! I also have to agree with Humans Being.

If you're gonna have a dog, have a big dog. We want Dave, we want Dave, we want Dave...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a Doctor!
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 02:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Goodbye mate
    The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VANHALEN2004TOUR
    Van Halen is OVER. Believe me, it kills me to say it but like alcoholoics say they have a moment of clarity I've finally after being a fan for 26 years have admitted to myself that not only is it over...it's been over. Last years tour was a decent goodbye, at best, but I'm moving on.

Thanks Ed, for being one of my greatest heroes for the majority of my life. Live long & prosperous you fucking drunk. Hope Wolfie can take it when he sees you being lowered into the ground prick.
    Said the man whose tag is '2004 tour.'

You're full of crank today, Tour. Give it a rest. Might I suggest a brisk and vigorous saltwater enema to flush the shit outta your brains. Move on already. We won't expect to hear from you again, per your own admission.

Favorite VH Album

FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of the World
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen is OVER. Believe me, it kills me to say it but like alcoholoics say they have a moment of clarity I've finally after being a fan for 26 years have admitted to myself that not only is it over...it's been over. Last years tour was a decent goodbye, at best, but I'm moving on.

Thanks Ed, for being one of my greatest heroes for the majority of my life. Live long & prosperous you fucking drunk. Hope Wolfie can take it when he sees you being lowered into the ground prick.
    And for being a fan of 26 years that's the best you have to say??

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Move on already. We won't expect to hear from you again, per your own admission.
    Sounds like a great idea, but don't count on it.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

wahhhhhhhhhhh Ed won't sign my rattle and pacifier....wahhhhhh I'm leaving, but yet I've been on the site all day crying about how bad Van Halen sucks now....wahhhh look at me.....look at me, I'm on a Van Halen site rippin on Eddie.....I'm contorversial....wahhhhhh

Quit fuckin up everyone's thread with your PMS.

There's the door broseph, no one missed you before and no one will miss you now.

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:24 PM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts

Donor

Where's the shears? I need to shear some sheep. Ed probably agrees.
    Whoops. So much for moving on. Guess you're just in one of your blowharding phases. A kid who flip flops his words and vows is about as sheepish as they come, Waffle Boy. Lessee now...you're an Arafat supporter, you've wished death on various Presidents, rock stars, and their children, AND you're a God-fearing, pope adoring Catholic. Sure you are. You're not going anywhere, despite your oaths and your ballet prancing. Let's call you Special K Dave from this point forward, shall we? Lite and airy, quite the fairy.

Good ol' Special K Dave.

Sorry, Chef. Too bored today. No biggie. It's been dry 'round here. Probably why Special K Dave's on the move.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody get me a Doctor!
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 02:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been a fan since 1979.
    In that time I have seen the band once in 1998 and watched with green eyes full of envy on those lucky fans who has the chance to see the band when they tour their backyard. I myself would have given my left arm to see them in 2004. Drunk, stupid, falling down or what, the chance to see a band who's albums I have been buying since Van Halen II makes me a fan who will stick by them, thick or thin, good and bad times and when a "old timer" gives up on the band that I cannot see when they tour, when there is a ocean between me and the band I adore, I get pissed off...

WHY?

Because the 26 yr old fan is NO fan in my books.
    Live here, or anywhere where Van Halen is not easily accessible and see how much passion it takes to maintain the interest and the desire. Spoilt is the word I would describe fans who gets easily put off and leaves when the band they "love so much" stumbles and falls. Van Halen need REAL fans to keep them up and supported. So I say, goodbye. 26 years is just a number to you. On behalf of myself, an Australian FAN, Iam loyal and find the pissing and moaning of fans who just have to drive 30 minutes to show tiring a disappointing.

I will go for walk now to calm down and keep believing that Van Halen will return to Oz.
    Last edited by sphill; 04.18.05 at 07:58 PM.
    The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
    Mahatma Gandhi