Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

domain connection test

Can someone try these two domains and tell me if they are working?

http://www.bizland.com
    http://www.fatcow.com

Thanks in advance!

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

No, not for me. Do you have an access to your accounts via ftp?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mishar McLeud
    No, not for me. Do you have an access to your accounts via ftp?
    nope - ftp is down too... I have websites on both Fatcow and Bizland, none of them work... Nor can I connect to each service provider...

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That's some funny stuff there - I had my account gone for almost the whole day, as well as all over users of freepgs.com where I host.

I wonder if it's any connected?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

maybe there's some DoS attacks going on out there...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

FatCow Outage Leaves Customers Wondering

By Philbert Shih, theWHIR.com

April 13, 2005 -- (WEB HOST INDUSTRY REVIEW) -- While every Web hosting company aspires to 100 percent uptime, plenty of problems can bring a Web hostís network down and its customersí sites offline. Malicious network attacks, internal sabotage, natural disasters and terrorism are just some of the possibilities.

New Mexico-based Web host FatCow (fatcow.com) fell victim to some of these threats this past weekend as its entire network went down, taking all of its customers offline. According to FatCow customer Dan Rayburn, the downtime began on Saturday at about 10:30 am pacific time and lasted approximately 40 hours.

The outage was first reported on Web Hosting Talk by posters who host Web sites with FatCow. Several others customers notified theWHIR about the problems.

In a notice posted Tuesday afternoon, FatCow apologized to customers and explained that a sophisticated distributed denial of service attack aimed at its servers was to blame.

"Over the weekend, FatCowís servers became the target of a sophisticated Distributed Denial of Service attack," the notice read. "Despite our best precautionary efforts - which include Mazu Networks DDoS Enforcers, Pix large-grain firewalls, IP tables-based firewall sets and Protection Mechanism-based Cisco Content Switches - the sustained DDoS attack eventually resulted in an interruption of service for customer Web sites and e-mail."

An email response to Rayburn from Paul Carter, director of customer support at FatCow, shed some further light on the circumstances and explained how the attack adversely affected data center equipment, which ultimately led to the outage.

"We are very sorry for the outage and obviously it was unexpected," Carter wrote. "We purchased an expensive piece of hardware that was supposed to protect our network from this kind of attack. That hardware failed, and failed very badly, causing our entire network to go down."

The vendor was unnamed.

Earlier this month, FatCow was acquired by Boston-based host The Endurance International Group (enduranceinternational.com). One post on Web Hosting Talk speculated that the outages could have had something to do with the recent transaction.

Jean McCarthy of Endurance refutes that claim, emphasizing that the outage had "absolutely nothing to do with it." The migration was completed in late February.

The company said in its notice that it had notified the FBI. McCarthy says Fatcow "has no reason to believe" that the company was targeted for any specific reason.

All systems at FatCow have been restored and are functioning normally. However, email still sitting on the server has been slowly trickling in and FatCow said it was working to get email back up and running at full speed. The company also pledged to continue working to improve its infrastructure.

FatCow is not the only host to experience difficulties in recent months. A few weeks ago, Web hosting provider The Planet Internet experienced an outage as a result of equipment problems in its data center facility. According to reports by research and analysis firm Netcraft, The Planetís corporate Web site and the sites of its main business units ServerMatrix.com and Insomnia365.com were down for several hours on the morning of March 31, 2005. The outage, Netcraft said, was caused by a faulty fuse, which triggered a series of power equipment failures in The Planetís Dallas, Texas data center. Two power units were knocked out and equipment that distributes power within the facility was also affected. And last December, California-based host Omnis Networks went offline as a result of a hard drive failure that crashed a MySQL server.